Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Susheela
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SusheelaYour feedback matters!
She have cyst formation problem and she got pain badly in her abdominal. We have taken the treatment of gynaecologist. Bt according to you which department of doctors are best for this disaster problem.
I started taking yamini pills for pcod from 7 dec. 2017. I am suffering with unbearable breast pain .is it normal? Should I consult a doctor for the breast pain?
Hello Respected Doctors I am 45 years old and my wife age 30 years. We did sexual intercourse at morning, after that she found little pain in her vagina and back. Is it normal or serious? Please help. Thank you.
Melasma is a common skin problem where the skin becomes patchy brown, tan, or there is blue grey facial skin discoloration. It is also known as chloasma or mask of pregnancy. It occurs in women during the reproductive years and occurs rarely in men. It is primarily related to external sun exposure, external hormones like birth control pills and internal hormonal changes seen during pregnancy. Women with Melasma have a history of daily or intermittent sun exposure.
- Symptoms of Melasma: Melasma causes patches of discoloration, which are darker than typical skin colour. It occurs symmetrically with matching marks on both sides of face. It normally appears on the upper cheeks, upper lip, forehead and chin. It can also occur on the other areas of one's body which are often exposed to sun. Skin discoloration is not physically harmful, but it can affect the self-confidence of a person. Darker skinned individuals are more at risk as compared to fair skinned individuals. Melasma is associated with oestrogen and progesterone sensitivity, thus it can be triggered by birth control pills, pregnancy and hormone therapy. In few cases, stress and thyroid disease can also cause Melasma. Women taking hormone replacement therapy during menopause are also at high risk of getting Melasma
- Diagnosis of Melasma: A visual exam of the affected area is sufficient to diagnose Melasma. The doctor will perform the wood's lamp examination that uses ultraviolet (UV) light to look at the skin closely. However, the doctor may perform a biopsy to check for any serious skin conditions.
- Treatment of Melasma: When Melasma is caused by pregnancy or birth control pills, it disappears on its own. One can use creams containing hydroquinone or prescribed topical steroids, which can lighten the tone of the affected areas. Other options include chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion which will remove the upper layers of skin and help lighten dark patches. In cases of severe Melasma, doctor may suggest laser treatments to remove the dark pigment.
It is quite possible that Melasma will clear up with treatment, there are things one must do to not to aggravate the condition and minimize appearance of the discoloration. These include usage of makeup to cover areas of discoloration, wearing sunscreen daily or wearing a hat with wide brim to provide shade to the face. The patients with Melasma are known to be at a lesser risk for Melanoma. Even if Melasma disappears, it can strike back especially if preventive measures regarding exposure to sun are not followed. Resolution with strict sun avoidance and topical bleaching creams can take sufficient time and patients should expect slow, but gradual lightening. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Watermelon white portion (peel) sabzi
Do you know that the rind of water melon is edible? the term rind usually refers to the skin or peel of a fruit.
In watermelon, the rind consists of two parts – the outer green skin and the inner white pulp. The outer green skin of the rind is hard and inedible, so it is discarded. The inner whitish part of the rind is edible, although it has a bland taste when raw and is not as soft as the central red part.
About water melon white rind it is said that is very helpful in relaxing blood vessels and lowering blood pressure as it has a high dose of cirulline amino acid. Finding a use for it also helps cut down on the amount of garbage you produce, so it’s good for the environment as well. So why to throw it, and try making its sabji.
It is very simple, tasty and easy to make. It tastes very similar to loki (bottle gourd), cucumber, turai all water based vegetable group.
My mom use to make it, I remember enjoying it a lot, hope my version is nearest to hers.
- 1 cup water melon white rind peeled and cut
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 1 medium sized chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 red chili cut into big pieces
- 1 tsp. Mango powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Ingredients for gravy
- Heat the oil in pan on medium high heat. Add asafetida, cumin seeds and dry red chili, let it splutter till it stops.
- Add the grated ginger, garlic chopped onions and saute until it turns transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, peeled and chopped water melon white rind, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mango powder and green chillies. Mix well.
- Do not add water because water melon rind is cooked in its own water.
- Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, on low flame for 10-12 minutes or till the vegetable is almost done i. E it should be easily pierced with a fork and most of the water is almost absorbed.
- Now remove the cover from the pan and lemon juice.
- Water melon white rind sabji is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- This side dish goes well with the roti, parantha and poori.