Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Susheel Vasim
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Susheel VasimYour feedback matters!
Hello, I do not why I am feeling little bit numbness in my right side body like right leg and right hand .its not heavy but little bit .i am feeling very dis comfort and please suggest.
Sir 5x3 mm pituitary lesion I consult endocrinologist last one year prolactin releases normal but erection problem is not clear, cabgolin takes last one year, can I consult neurologist or neurosurgeon please give me answer sir.
Hi doctor I am 33 years old working in telecom sector, observing upper lip twitching from last 3-4 days, I have anxiety issues from last 4 years so taking etilaam .25 (morning+night) and feliz 10 (night), recently done whole body check up no issue found in that except cholesterol to be 240, so start taking clove of garlic in morning no other change in lifestyle, wish to know the reason for lip twitching and the step ahead any test or medicine to be taken, Thanks in advance.
Migraine headache is characterized by a severe headache usually affecting one side of the head. There are other symptoms along with headache like nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Some patients experience neurological phenomena like changes in vision, temporary loss of sensation and altered sensation, a phenomenon known as an aura (flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots, tingling in the arms and the legs). Migraine headache can last for 2 to 3 days.
Symptoms: The symptoms depend on the stage of a migraine attack. The stages of a migraine attack can be:
- Prodrome, Aura, Headache or attack, and Postdrome.
- Prodorme: One to two days prior to the migraine attack, patient may experience;
- Mood swings.
- Cravings for food.
- Increased yawning.
- Stiff neck.
- Constipation and frequent thirst and urination.
In case of an aura (during or before a migraine), there may be visual, motor, speech, and sensory illusions and disturbances such as,
- Loss of vision.
- A strange sensation of needles pricking an arm or a leg.
- One side of the body becomes weak and numb.
- There are visual illusions such as the appearance of flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots.
- There is a problem in hearing and speaking.
- In some cases, there may be a hemiplegic migraine (the limb becomes weak).
During a Migraine Attack (lasts for 4 to 72 hours), there may be
- A throbbing pain on either one or both sides of the head
- Blurred vision, light-headedness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Sensitivity to touch and smell (though rare)
In Postdrome (after a migraine), there can be
- Mood swings.
- A person may be sensitive to light and sound.
- Dizziness and weakness
- Extreme fatigue
An amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may be responsible for a migraine. Trigger varies for each patient:
- Stress and extreme physical exertion
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks and beverages
- Salty and processed foods
- Altered sleeping habits
- Hormonal alterations in women (Constant fluctuation in the level of oestrogen)
- Oral contraceptives and certain vasodilators (nitroglycerin)
- Preservatives like MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame (sweetener)
- Sunshine, certain odours, travel, etc can trigger migraine.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Medicines under supervision to abort an attack of migraine and special drugs to stop attacks.
- Lifestyle changes are helpful to decrease attacks:
- Avoid your trigger for migraine.
- Follow regular sleep -wake cycle.
- Regular exercise, meditation.
- Avoidance of alcohol, caffeine containing beverages.
- Other treatment options that can be availed from pain specialist:
- Transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation.
- Botulinum toxin injection.
- Occipital nerve block.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a diabetic patient. My sugar levels for the lat five months are : Date Fasting Sugar in Urine PP Sugar in Urine 23.2.16 140 Nil 233 6.4.16 131 Nil 221 Nil 10.5.16 91 Nil 246 10.6.16 82 Nil 158 Nil 13.7.16 125 Nil 191 Nil Medicine prescribed : Dienil 1 tablet twice a day Metformin 1000 1 tablet twice a day Ecosprin 75 1 tablet a day I also have numbness in my right leg. For that I take Tablet neurobion Forte once a day and Capsule tricobal once a day. But this numbness is still continuing and is for quite long time say more than 2 years. Originally it was in whole right leg however, presently it is in right foot for the last over 6 months. Please advice me. Thanks,
Hello I was diagnosed for epilepsy for 2 years and last year my course get completed but from then my hairs are falling out.
Sir, I have migraine. Suggest me some exercise to tackle it wen it comes. And also is it right to take naprosyn 500 mg whenever I have headache?
Migraine is a type of headache like tension headache, sinus headache etc. It results from specific changes within brain. It's associated with sensitivity to light (sunlight) and noise.
Symptoms. Head pain usually on one side of the head, eye pain sensitivity to light, sound. Nausea, vomiting. In some cases the warning symptoms or an aura prior to the onset of their headache like weakness, flashing of light or blind spot in one eye.
Trigger factor. Hormonal changes, stress, certain food, strong smell, sound, birth control pills, preservatives, monosodium glutamate, artificial sweetener, chocolate, over sleep, red wine. Dairy products.
Lifestyle changes. Eating healthy foods, exercise, yoga may reduce the attack.