Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surya Kant Jha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Surya Kant JhaYour feedback matters!
Total or partial opacification of transparent lens of the eye is termed as cataract. Such opacification essentially occurs in old age but it can occur in children or young age due to diabetes, trauma, congenital causes, use of steroid drops in the eyes or secondary to glaucoma.
Cataract affects vision depending upon its degree and location. Very slight cataract at the posterior pole can obstruct central vision and cause marked glare blindness or inability to read small letters whereas, cataract in the cortical area may take long time to affect vision.
Treatment: no medicines can cure cataract. Once it occurs, it has to be operated.
When to get operated?
When you are professionally blind or unable to carry out your routine duties/work. A driver or a watch repairer has to operate very early due to glare blindness whereas an old lady can wait for some time. It is ideal to get the surgery done with immature or early cataract than to wait for the cataract to get mature. A mature or hypermature cataract is difficult and risky to operate.
Phacoemulsification with ultrasonic rays is the modern method os surgery. You get only 2-3 mm of an incision, no sutures. The lens is emulsified and aspirated and a foldable IOL (lens) is injected by a syringe which unfolds and occupy the same space as your original lens. 10 minutes surgery with practically no pain. This lens lasts for a life time and gives you youthful vision.
The surgery can be performed even in patients with diabetes or hypertension and at any age. Maybe 90-100. Practically no post-op restrictions.
I have some dot appearing in eye some time in left eye and some time in right eye .it remains for some time only what is cause and remedy. Some body told me it is Weiss Ring. What is Weiss Ring and how it can be cured.
I have floaters in my eyes for the past two months. My age is 25 and it increases day by day. But I do not see any flashes. Is it a series problem.
My eyes are become suckened due to the habit of masturbation, is there any way of recovery to my eyes?
I want to know how long it takes to see the real effect of Noworm tablet? How long it will take to improve my health? I know most medication don't show immediate effects. Please comment. Thanks in advance.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.