Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Surya Kant JhaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am kamal rohra I am 29 years old. I have a headick problem. please tell me something. I also wear specs -3 power.
I have an eye problem and my eyes flow a lot and everyday when I wake up my eyes become wet so what should I do?
I'm 17 years old and am suffering continuously from swollen eyelids with pus. It pains a lot and takes at least 3 days to heal automatically and after few days it again happens. I have suffered at least 10 of them. Please help.
I hv myopia and my power is -3.5 D. My power is continuously declining. How my eye sight can be improved. And he will I get stable power please help.
I have -4 eye sight for both eyes. One of my relatives said me that. A baaba gives medicine and it will go. Is there any medicine through which eye sight can be removed?
Hello doctor my self sona devi I am 20 year old unmarried girl I have eyes pain and etching problem last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi, I am a 22 year old girl, my height is 5'3 and my weight is 40 kg. Since last 2-3 days my right eye is twitching almost continuously for several hours a day. I wear glasses of power -1.75 in both eyes. What is the cause of this eye twitch?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?