Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surjit Rastogi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Surjit RastogiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I'm doing small business I have some problem in recent times when I take alcohol in night, after day morning so much of swelling in my face. Please advise me how to cure this problem. Thank you.
I have jumped on a stone while stepping down the train towards wrong side, I am a obese person. Now I have severe pain in my heel where in I am unable to rest my whole feet normally and walk, I am able to walk only on my toes. Pls let me know what happened and what to be done.
I am 55 years of age and I met with an accident one year back resulting fracture in my left hand elbow. Got operated in bhagat hospital by insurting steel needles in elbow. When the plaster was open the top portion of one needle came out. Again the surgery was done after some gap & they removed all the needles. After removal of the send plaster I have taken the physiotherapy as per doctor's advise but as of now I can move my left hand upto 90 degree only. Still I feel pain in my elbow when I straight or bend my elbow joint. Kindly advise what course of action I should take now. Your advise shall be highly appreciated. Regards
I am 50 years old. I have numbness in my fingers now the it is transferred to hand also. I want to consult the doctor. Which Department doctor should I go? Should I go to Rheumatologist or neurologist.
I am getting neck and left arm pain please suggest me I have done my ECG and chest x-ray it is normal please suggest me what need to be done.
I am 58 years old. Couple of weeks ago I was suffering from Typhoid. Now I am OK but the weakness is still there. Secondly both knee having sever pain while getting up/down. Walking time pain not feel. Please suggest the best remedy as I feel sexual weakness also.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.