Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surjit Rastogi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Surjit RastogiYour feedback matters!
I am Sharath, im working in Oman I have lower back pain from past 3years and I have done treatment in ayurveda, but its not completely gone. Now from past 7months im having worse pain in upper back but not in spine, either side of spine especially when I lean in bed for long in early morning.
I am very weak I always get back pains and neck pains frequently what should I eat to be strong. I am 18 years old.
Sir, I am senior citizen--aged 75 +. I have led a very active live from young age. Played Badminton & Table Tennis in Club level. I am in Bangalore. My husband --Retd. Dy Chief Electrical Engineer, got a Paralytic stroke in Nov 2012. From that time my running about started. I had to do & still doing his jobs also, like attending to Bank matters etc plus my own never ending house work. That told upon my knees. I under went a Magnetic Therapy done by SBF doctors. I had physio therapy also daily for 21 days. They promised miracles. But that didn't happen. I never had severe knee pain as such. But want of rest & never ending work have made my walking un steady. I can not walk w/o doddering. It is embarrassing. I feel my body weight comes forward & makes walking difficult. I also limp. Any suggestion from you to get back my normal walking. X ray revealed --cartilage worn out. Thankyou
HI, I have thigh pain in both legs. Sometimes feeling inflammation side of the thigh. I want advice what to do in such case. My weight is 67 and age is 28.
Hello doctors I have legment tear by playing basket ball now i am feeling pain in every time I walk around and even at sudden times I feel more pain -i got it on right leg what to do i am 23 yrs old please guide -any medicine I should opt for or to go for operations I even want to join army is it all over for me?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progress to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but a lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't be to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints.
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion.
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish (or completely avoid eating such food).
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk.
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Aged honey mixed with plain water.
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee.
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation.
- Work at reducing weight.
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights.
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items.
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco.
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks.
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!