Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surjeet KapoorYour feedback matters!
by Caroline Rushforth
July 26, 2012 3:39 PM
￼What kind of information do you like to fill your mind with? Do you find yourself constantly reading cheap or free newspapers only to find there is a terrible story in it that upsets you? Or perhaps you get caught up in other people’s opinions and conversations and find yourself agreeing to things that you actually don’t agree with!
Did you know that you are heavily influenced by the people you surround yourself with on a regular basis? In fact, you pick up behaviors, mannerisms, opinions, beliefs and oodles of other information that your brain unconsciously absorbs, resulting in similar behaviors.
If you want to make a change, grow or break a habit or routine, look to your environment - the people around you, where you work, what you read and how you speak to yourself. All have significant influences on what you are internalizing, and have an impact on how you live your life. Here are five tips on keeping a healthy mind to help you on your way!
We read about the profound effects that meditation has on our mind, but how many of you actually do it on a daily basis? I used to be a complete fidget bum in my early 20s, and the thought of staying still for longer than a minute was catastrophic! It was certainly challenging, but I practiced and persevered and now find it pretty effortless if I give myself enough time to relax. I do have to make time every evening to relax and clear my mind before I can go to sleep, or else I won’t sleep well! Of course, first thing in the morning is also a great time to meditate. When you meditate, you are giving your mind time to clear, reformat itself for all the new information that is going to be taken in the following day, or day ahead.
As important as it is to be aware of what is going on in the world, the media is very centered on pain and negativity. This fuels pessimism, and ideally it’s best to avoid subjecting your mind to it regularly. There is no point in being stressed or worried about something you have limited control over; it’s a pointless waste of energy. Also, beware of brainwashing; all is not necessarily as it seems, and the media are great at exaggerating and bending the truth. If you want to make a difference to the world in some way, you could seek out some voluntary work or donate to a charity.
3. Surround yourself with people who give you opportunities to grow.
There is a metaphor which I love to use to describe letting go of old friends or relationships that are no longer useful to us. I like to call them “Old Potatoes.” If you can let go of some Old Potatoes, you can make way for New Potatoes. Friendships and relationships are based on love, and love is energy. When the frequencies change, you will find that particular friends and relationships may drop away, or you don’t feel you have anything in common with them any longer. If you continue to hold on to relationships which no longer serve you, they sap your energy resources or distract you from focussing your mind. Holding on to Old Potatoes blocks the doorway to gaining new ones. Don’t be afraid to let go if you feel the time is right; you will find that new opportunities will arise as a result. You never know who that next amazing person/teacher/friend/lover/mentor is going to be!
4. Eat healthy
Of course, eating healthy and staying hydrated are really important for brain function. I have spent many years discovering what my body likes and dislikes, and it’s taken me years to change habits and routines. But, I feel so much better for cutting down on wheat, dairy, caffeine and sugar. All of these things affect how I think and how my body feels. Of course, the experience is different for everyone, which is why only you know what your body needs and would benefit from eliminating. You can experiment by cutting out a certain food or drink for as short as a week if you suspect that your body is rejecting it. The turnaround time is normally five days to completely flush it out of your system.
5. Spend your time doing something you LOVE!
The most important thing of all is to ensure you spend time doing a hobby or activity you love. When we participate in doing something we love, we radiate so many positive emotions, all magnetizing out into the universe to bring you back more joy and happiness. So many people get stuck in a rut and lose focus on what is important and brings them pleasure. Find something you love to do, and do it daily.
My daughter is 14year old and her period has started; she often complaints of her headache. Is it general complaints?
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
Madam, when we do sexual intercourse. My period are not regular. Delay by 15 days. We are not using condemn. Since 3 months. please suggest me.
I had a cesarean delivery this month. Pre pregnancy, I was allergic to some food, dust and paracetamol and I was taking DYNOLAP and ALLEGRA180 tablets. But during course of my pregnancies, all of these allergies were completely gone probably due to hormonal change as understood. But suddenly after 21 days post delivery, it looks like all these allergies were back. Kindly advise if the above medication is well suited and will there be any adverse effects on breastfeeding and to the infant.
She is my mom she has been seafaring a bled sugar can you suggest wt food she has to take or not? And also she has facing a periods problems,
Meri friend pregnant hai and uske 3month ho chuka hai jiske baad bhi white jaisa discharge ho rha hai. Wo bhi bahut jyada. Kya pregnancy ke time aisa hota hai. Kahi ye uska waham to nahi hai k wo pregnant hai. Q ki wo doctor se consult nahi ki hai abhi tak.
My friend is having a late period, her actual time is on 3rd of the month, and today's 21stof March. It's very late.Please help?
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
My wife is entering to 7th week of pregnancy, since last two days she is feeling vomiting but nothing comes out. Today she felt little feverish also. Now does not feel to eat anything. Is it normal? She also has the sicknesses.
Can I do sex during periods? and what can be the reason that my parter feel alot of pain during frst intercourse? can you give me right tips about sex.
I am 23 years old woman. I checked my pregnancy est n its confirmed positive. I met nearer gynecologist. And she also confirmed positive. My question is when she told me to do ultrasound it showed her 4 weeks pregnancy where as I was suppose to be 6 weeks because my last periods was on 14-7-16 with 32 days cycle. And now I am frighten that isn't my baby is not growing because she is injecting me one injection and told me that I have to take 5 after 1 1 week. I need your suggestion. Will be my baby healthy?
My friends suffer from real pain while she is during period she has this from always every month her stomach pains during period cycle what is the home therapy I can suggest her when she's alone in home.
Ttc from past 2 yrs. All reports are normal even husband is taking fertisure m medicine, my 3 time follicular study shoes that my egg ruptures its own and on cd 15 or 16. Now please suggest what to do to get pregnant. As we can not afford expensive treatments. My age is 30 husbands is 32.3 years of marriage. My weight is 66 kg. Never took any pill. Even not conceived even once. I am a hypothyroid patient from past 2. 5 years tsh reports comes between 6. 0 to 8.0.taking 100 mg eltroxin daily.
Symptoms and signs of dengue:
2. Severe headache
3. Muscle and joint pains (break bone fever)
4. Appearance off small red bump like rashes similar to measles.
Kindly contact your doctor at the earliest if these symptoms occur.
Drink lots of fluids to maintain hydration (most important requirement in dengue)
Get tested for IGM and IGG dengue virus.
Get a complete blood count.
If there are any signs of bleeding (fall in platelet count) get admitted immediately.
Papaya leaf juice has shown a lot of beneficial effects in bringing up the platelet count which falls below normal in dengue patients.
Hope this was helpful.