Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Surinder Singh BaggaYour feedback matters!
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are the swellings of the veins within the rectum which may burst and cause bleeding as well as pain. Ayurveda is known to provide relief from symptoms and with continued use, can also provide long term cures.
Prevention strategies for piles
Ayurveda stresses on leading a healthy lifestyle to minimize the chances of getting piles in the first place. Some of the lifestyle related problems that can lead to piles and thus need to be corrected are as follows:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle with lack of exercise: This not only causes piles but also leads to other problems like heart disease and hypertension among other problems and thus, it is advisable to incorporate a certain amount of physical activity into your routine.
- Change the diet that can cause constipation and then lead to piles: Eating too much red meat without roughage, fried and processed foods like pizzas and dairy products like cheese, can make the food very sticky resulting in piles from the constriction of bowel movements.
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time: If you have been sitting on hard surfaces for a very long time, it may result in piles due to pressure on the nerves of the rectum for extended periods of time.
Ayurvedic Remedies for piles
- Sesame seed paste: Sesame or “til” is a good treatment for bleeding piles when applied externally to the affected area.
- Muli or radish paste: Again, a fine paste made from this vegetable is useful in the case of painful piles which are not bleeding.
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: There are multiple ayurvedic oils and creams which can be very effective in curing or at least controlling piles. However, it is best to go to your nearest ayurvedic doctor for proper steps.
- Bael fruit mixture: An ounce of ripe bael fruit, 180 grams of sugar, black pepper powder in relevant quantities and 7 grams of cardamom powder can be mixed and had twice daily as an effective cure for piles.
- Buttermilk: Butter milk mixed with salt and black pepper in small amounts is known to be a very effective remedy for piles; but has to be consumed on a regular basis for at least a couple of months.
- Hareetaki with jaggery: One of the most popular forms of piles treatments, the fruit peel of harad or hariteeki should be taken with a cup of jaggery every night before bed time to soften stool and also cure piles.
- Radish juice: Extracted radish juice is also know as a great cure for constipation as well as lessening the symptoms of or curing piles.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I have black spots fungus on my back and I am using kens lotion la1-0-0 as a doctor recommendation so is it worth using this lotion?
Sir/mam, I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 2nd may. 26 april was the first day of her periods. She has a 35 day cycle. Within two hours of sex she had taken i-pill. But till today she didn't got periods. 50 days over. After 30 and 37 days of sex she checked herself by pregnancy kit at home which came negative both time. She sometimes notices the signs of periods like swollen breast and abdomen pain, back pain but didn't got periods. Is this due to that I pill? Please guide us what to do. And what if she is pregnant as we are not married . Is there any medicine to to cure this irregularity of periods. Please guide us. Thanks.
Hi All. as from mother is facing dermal marks on her face and neck. Need some suggestion are treatment for removal of dermal marks. Thanks Abdul.
I'm having rashes in my inner thighs. I consulted doctor bt it is reducing only when I apply cream and it is coming again. Because of those rashes I'm unable to wear underwear and I'm feeling so inconvenient to go outside.
M suffering from oily skin a lots. That's why the pimples is grown on my face. M very tired too see the marks of pimples. What can I do?
I am getting slik itching and when I rub on my skin dark red patterns appears. Help me regarding to it. Mostly stomach, back and neck and hands getting itching. And its annoying nd hurting me.
Be it male or female, no one likes rough, patchy or tired-looking skin. Plus, problems like acne, blemishes, wrinkles, and enlarged pores also tend to mar your beauty.
Although there are numerous skin care products on the market that promise to give you smooth and flawless skin, they can be expensive and some even have harsh ingredients that can damage your skin.
Luckily, your skin can become smooth and clear with the help of some readily available natural ingredients.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my chest. I used scar removal cream for 6 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I am 21 years old girl get a dark skin on my day by day because of sun tan and blemishes please suggest best way to recover .
A little bit of sun is always good for you and you do need sunlight for your body to process vitamin D, which is necessary for bone health. At the same time, the ultraviolet rays from the sun can be detrimental for your health. While being in the sun is not a bad thing, how long you stay in the sun and how well you are protecting yourself count. Prolonged and unprotected sun exposure harms your skin and can decrease the immunity function of the skin.
Some effects of sun exposure include:
- Development of cancerous and non-cancerous skin lesions
- Benign tumours
- Coarse and fine wrinkles
- Mottled pigmentation (Skin discoloration in certain areas)
- Sallowness (The colour of the skin turns yellow)
- Telangiectasia (Expansion of blood vessels under your skin)
- Elastosis (Destruction of the collagen and elastic tissue)
The most harmful effect of sun exposure is definitely skin cancer. It is the uncontrolled development of anomalous skin cells is skin cancer. This accelerated development leads to formation of tumours, which are either malignant (cancerous) or benign (noncancerous). Skin cancer is mainly of 3 types: basal cell carcinoma, melanoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Among these, squamous cell and basal cell carcinoma are less critical; while melanoma is very serious. When melanoma is left untreated, it can affect the other organs and get difficult to treat. UV rays are the major causes of skin cancer. Sun exposure over the years leads to squamous cell and basal cell carcinoma, while severe sun damage episodes before the age of 18 cause melanoma.
Here are some tips to prevent sun damage:
- Always apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you go out, even if it is cloudy. A sunscreen with SPF of 30 or more, and zinc oxide is advisable if you want optimum sun protection. Also, you should reapply sunscreen every 2 hours, especially if you are swimming or sweating.
- Select cosmetic products, contact lenses and clothing that offer protection from UV rays.
- Choose sunglasses that offer total protection from UV rays. Also, wear a hat with a wide brim to shade your neck and face.
- Avoid direct exposure during harsh hours like between 10.00 and 3.00PM.