Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Surinder NathYour feedback matters!
I frequently get mouth ulcers. Any specific reason. I have consulted doctors earlier, I was not given any specific treatment.
I am 18 years old female. I have problem in my mouth. I have white deposits in my palatine tonsil. It was appeared in my mouth few months back also but it was disappeared after few days. But now its start reappearing again. What's the reason behind that & what should I do so it will not occurs again?
Hi I'm a male I am very lazy I usually get up by 11 or 12 in the morning and thn I brush teeth at 1pm in the afternoon and do not get anything direct I go to eat food or lunch so wat to do I want to get up early in the morning but I don't get up but wat to do how to get up early in the morning everyday please help me please tel me plz.
Actually milk teeth are called milk teeth because they have the refrective index (in lay language whiteness) equal to milk. So those teeth are milky white. But permanent teeth are yellower in shade always. And every person may have different shade of teeth.
Due to some causes like chromogenic bacteria, tea, coffee, tobbaco, food colours, fluorosis, enamel hypoplasia, dentinogenesis imperfecta, etc there may be discolouration of teeth. In that case you need to visit a dental surgeon. Otherwise slight yellow shade of natural teeth is no matter of worry. So do not get confused with television commercials claiming to provide you pearl like white teeth. Tooth colour shade is just like you skin tone. No toothpaste can change your teeth shade. If you want to get a lighter shade then go for bleaching after consulting your dentist.
Hello. I have this long ongoing issue. After every 3-4 hours, a white deposit builds up on sides of my lips. My tongue also gets white throughout the day despite of cleaning it in morning everyday. And the worst part is, my throat stinks. I am saying throat because dentist has already confirmed that my oral/teeth hygiene is excellent. I brush in morning and before going to sleep as well. Please comment on white deposit getting developed on my lips, tongue. Separately, if possible, please provide a solution for my throat bad breath as well. Thank you in advance.
COSMETIC DENTISTRY:- The aims of cosmetic dentistry is to create a beautiful and natural look.
Cosmetic bonding or composite veneers-If the gap between the two teeth is very small, closing the gap with composite bonding provides a quick solution to the problem. Bonding or veneers provides a minimally invasive solution to closing the gap.
Gaps due to missing teeth-If the gap is due to a missing tooth, veneers or orthodontic treatment would be inappropriate. The missing tooth needs to be replaced, both for aesthetic and functional reasons – a restoration would prevent the teeth on either side of the gap from “shifting” towards the gap. Solutions to replace a gap due to missing teeth could be a partial denture, a dental bridge or a dental implant.
Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. Resin veneers are thinner and require removal of less of the tooth surface before placement. You will need to discuss the best choice of veneer material for you with your dentist.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth.
- Teeth that are worn down.
- Teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them).
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth).
"Common mistakes People Do in Dental Care "
1. Regular Check-ups: Check-up is utmost important part of dental treatment , even if you do not find any usual finding in your mouth you have to go for annual check -ups to your Dentist.It is mandatory to take preventive measure before hand .So ,from next time do not wait for caries pain,sensitivity develop in your teeth ,just visit to your dentist for a general check up.
2. Follow ups: Follow up is always mandatory in between and after your treatment .Whatever is the treatment ,it is necessary to visit to a doctor if he/she mention that you have to come for follow up.Specialy after your surgery, extraction(teeth removal),Root canal etc .You find everything is done ,treatment is over and didn’t find time to visit again to your dentist ,but you have to understand this that any healing will take time and it is a normal biological process. So from next time ,don’t miss appointments and a follow up after your treatment too.
3. Self Medication: Strict No-No .I have seen lot of people that they take medicine on their own ,without seeing a dentist /physician .See, every drug has side effects ,if you are taking for a longer time without asking to your doctor .Even if you had old prescription of a doctor ,don’t take any medicine without consulting to your Dentist/Physician. So next time ,if you find anything abnormal or find pain ,swelling in your teeth ,just consult your Dentist as soon as possible .
4. Proper Tooth Brushing: For proper dental care, be sure to brush gently two or three times per day each for two to three minutes, using long, horizontally angled strokes. Waiting too long between tooth brushing can cause harmful bacteria and plaque to develop. However, do not brush too often, which can lead to exposure of the roots, or brush too aggressively, which can cause erosion of the tooth enamel.Discard your toothbrush every 3 months or else if its bristles torn out.
Not using the correct tooth brushing technique is another common dental care mistake. According to family dentistry experts, the best technique is the thorough brushing of every tooth. Thoroughly brushing the inner surfaces of the teeth is important, but many skip that step, which can cause issues to show up at the next visit to their family dentistry office.
5. A Dental Floss and a Antiseptic Mouthwash: Also a necessary additionally with the two times brushing. Food accumulates in between teeth and a major cause too for developing dental caries in between two teeth and also it inflamed your gums and sometimes lead to pockets and Gingival and Periodontal problems .So for a healthy teeth and gums ,use a dental floss/interdental brushes to keep the area clean in between teeth and gargle with the mouthwash once daily before bedtime .
6. Chomping on Tooth Destroyers: A lot of food items and beverages may cause destructions of enamel of your teeth if you are addicted to them .Don’t brush just after having an acidic beverages ,wait for some time than brush your teeth as it will cause more destruction of enamel of your teeth. Everyone has" sweet tooth "so watch your portion of sweets and candies you are taking on daily basis ,it is advisable not to have these items (choclates,chips,candies,soda,cola etc ) on daily basis .So restrict them or if not possible for children ,than give them only in one day in a week (Sundays)
7. Eat vegetables and fruits: Lots of vitamin is needed for your health of your teeth and gums ,so make sure the green vegetables and fruits are in part of your daily diet.Drink atleast 4-5 litres water per day.
8. Any Unusual Habits like Tobacoo use: Along with all of the other health care issues caused by tobacco, smoking or using other tobacco products can also increase your chances of developing gum disease and experiencing rapid bone loss around your teeth.
9. Tooth trauma: Clenching teeth, chewing ice, or gnawing on pencils can put excess pressure on your teeth and wear away tooth enamel. If you grind your teeth unconsciously – especially at night, your dentist can create a customized mouth guard for you to wear at night. In addition, you should wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports to lessen your risk of broken or cracked teeth if you experience a severe blow to your face, and also when swimming to decrease your teeth’s exposure to chlorine, which can erode and stain tooth enamel.
10. Lack of Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for the health of your gum tissue and should be consumed daily. People who consume less that 180 g daily are 25% more likely to develop gum disease.
Lack of calcium – Calcium is known for its ability to strengthen bones. In fact, people who consume at least 800 mg a day are less likely to develop severe gum disease. While calcium can be found in foods like cheese, yogurt, and milk, you should still consider calcium supplements to help strengthen your teeth and bones.