Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surinder ChughYour feedback matters!
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.
I am 58 year old. Since last few months I am not getting erection even in the morning. What could be the reason.
I have some brown hairs on my head. What does it mean? Is there any deficiency that i'm facing? Please reply.
I have stomach pain for many years 11 yrs. I consult doctor they taken endoscopy test, the result found as antral gastritis. They given tablet pantocid 40 mg, pan 40 mg, amicon 10 mg. Still I have one side pain on my stomach. My stomach is always upset. What type of food I have to eat, what food I have to avoid.
ENT doctor said that, stone in my throat. My throat continuously pain. What can I do. Plzz give me some medicins.
I am 24 yr old man. Due to over masturbation only few amount of sperm released, what can I do? please suggest.
I masturbate 1 time a day. Sometimes 2 times byt very rare. Is there anyway to control it. Any remedies to stop it?
I have pain in my lower back due to muscle spasm but one thing I noticed yesterday that I have watery semen when I have night fall and it was purely water type so I am afraid what is it?
I am suffering from sperm leakage when I saw some intense seen or I think about sex or related to that a viscous liquid came from my penis and also another problem is too early ejaculation whrn I masturbate actually I am not like others who do it twice a day I did once or twice in a week so what should I do to solve these problem.
A light burning sensation in stomach and then pressure [ in food pipe][ up side afterwards release of gas from down words. Last 15 days there no free motion. Please advise.
I am having headache and hand pain today morning. Headache is normal but my hand is paining too much I do not think my hand is strike or hit with any object.
I m having cough and cold and back body pain from the last fifteen days. What should I do to get relief from the pain as well as cold?
What's sex? At a glance -
People define "sex" in different ways. It can include vaginal, oral, and anal sex, and other activities.
Vaginal, oral, and anal sex have more risks (like pregnancy or spreading STDs) than other sexual activities.
If you're going to have any kind of sex, it's important to make sure you (and your partner) both feel ready and are protecting yourselves against pregnancy and STDs.
People define "sex" in different ways. Some people believe that it only counts as sex if a penis goes into a vagina, but this isn't true for everybody. There are lots of different ideas about what sex can be:
Vaginal sex (penis-in-vagina intercourse)
Oral sex (mouth-to-genital contact)
Anal sex (penis-in-anus intercourse)
Dry humping or genital rubbing
Fingering or hand jobs (hand-to-genital contact)
Most sexperts like us believe "sex" includes any or all of the above.
However you define it, being sexual with another person takes a lot of responsibility. Before you have sex, think about what things you feel comfortable doing, and if there are consequences to them (like STDs or pregnancy). It's just as important to think about what you DON'T feel comfortable doing. And if you're in the middle of doing something that you thought you wanted to do, but change your mind, that's OK, too. You can stop any time you want to.
If you're going to have vaginal, oral, or anal sex, talk with your partner about how you'll protect yourselves against STDs.
If one of you has a penis and the other has a vagina, and you're having the kinds of sex that can cause pregnancy, it's also important to use birth control if you don't want to get pregnant.