Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh Singhvi
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh SinghviYour feedback matters!
I am a 35 year old male. I have been suffering from boils in my anus for the past one year. It will heal itself or on medication after one week or so but keeps coming back after two months or so, a few centimeters away from the first one. It is very painful. The local Doctor prescribed an antibiotics for it FIXIME *0. I have discontinued after taking six tablets. What should I do?
Hi Doctors, I am suffering from premature ejaculation and feels some times gastric issues also. To cure PE I am taking homeopathic medicines. So could you please help me about gastric issues.
Homeopathy has proven to be very successful in treating many digestive problems. However, certain warning signs should not be ignored. A timely medical diagnosis and opinion is important if the following occurs:
2. Sudden and severe abdominal pain
3. Abnormal loss of weight
4. Abnormality in normal bowel habits including constipation or persistent looseness
Some digestive problems and their remedies are discussed below:
1. Heartburn: This is a burning sensation that results from acid from the stomach, being squirted into the food pipe. An elevating sensation is felt from the chest to the end of the throat. Consumption of some common food and drinks like caffeine, acidic juices, alcohol, chocolate or carbonated beverages can increase the secretion of acid in the stomach. Over dosage of medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen can also cause heartburn.
- Remedy: Calcarea carbonica is widely used for relieving chronic cases of heartburn that occur mostly in people who experience cramps in the stomach and intense heartburns. Lycopodium brings relief in cases where regurgitation and heartburn occurs after small snacks.
2. Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach. It results from high stress levels, poor diets and daily need for medications.
- Remedy: Carbo vegetabilis (made from vegetable charcoal) is renowned for its capability to absorb toxins and along with Lycopodium, is recommended for digestive problems resulting from excess gas.
3. Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain, which occurs in the upper abdominal regions which is caused due to improper consumption of food and is commonly referred to as indigestion. If the condition is prolonged, a doctor must be visited.
- Remedy: Anacardium is a remedy that is useful for people who experience frequent and periodic bouts of upper abdominal pain.The remedy Argentum nitricum is suggested for people who experience Dyspepsia along with nausea. This is a pain in the upper abdominal region along with retching of mucus. Another remedy for this condition is Nux Vomica. This is suggestedfor people who are usually restless.
Treating flatulence and dyspepsia that is experienced by people after consumption of starchy and fatty foods requires Natrum carbonicum. These people cannot consume milk and often have a number of food allergies. Phosphorus is recommended for people who vomit along with their dyspepsia even though they usually crave short term solutions, like cold drinks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello doctor mujhe roz sine me heeg (burning) jalta hai shayad anpach hone ki wajah se aur pet me barabar gas ban jati hai, dakar bhi zordar aata hai kbhi kbhi roz nhi. Mera pet bhi phula hua ho gya hai aur dabane pe piche se gas nikalti hai. Mujhe koun si dwa leni chahiye jo ki is problem ko permanent thik kar de aur jiska koi side effect na ho. Is gas ki wajah se mera sehat nhi ban rha hai. Maine meat, anda, oil, spices ,milk, cream sab kuch khana chor diya lekin kbhi kbhi kha leta hu aur gas aur constipation ke liye pet sadda aur kayam churna leta hu. Is gas problem ka permanent solution batayein bina endoscopy ya koi treatment karaye kyunki treatment ke liye paise nhi hain.
My question is the gastric problem which I am going through after chikungunya in the months of August and September kindly tell what to do.
Hi. Dr. I'm suffering from full of acidity and mouth and tongue scores pls tell wt precautions I have to fallow and how to cum out from this and pls prescribe me some medication also.
Acid Reflux or GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) is caused when the valve between the esophagus and stomach becomes weak. Normally, this valve opens to allow food in and then it shuts tightly. With GERD, the valve stays open, allowing stomach acids to flow back up into the esophagus, causing heartburn and many other symptoms. It leads to a condition in which the liquid content of the stomach regurgitates (backs up or refluxes) into the esophagus. If you have heartburn that occurs more than twice a week and/or does not get better with over-the-counter antacids, you may have GERD.
Consumption of pitta (fire) aggravating foods and foods of incompatible nature (virudh aahar) vitiates all the doshas, predominantly pitta dosha. Vitiated doshas produce heating toxins that are expelled upwards into the food pipe causing heartburn. Increased intake of tea or coffee, or oily, spicy, or fried foods aggravates pitta and leads to acidity. An aggressive nature and hyperactivity are also causal factors. Pitta is aggravated by late night work schedules, irregular eating patterns, and/or drinking alcoholic and carbonated beverages. Increased intake of painkillers and antibiotics also cause acidity and heartburn.
Pain while swallowing food
According to Ayurveda, Acid Reflux is a result of aggravation of pitta Dosha. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor that symbolizes heat or fire. It is hot, sharp, intense, acidic and pungent in nature and is located in the stomach. Aggravated pitta leads to increase of acidic content in stomach fluids. Actually, the reflux of the stomach's liquid contents into the esophagus occurs in most normal individuals. In such patients, refluxed liquid contains acid more often due to aggravated pitta, which leads to acid reflux.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
Avoid tea, coffee, and carbonated or alcoholic beverages.
Avoid processed and fermented foods.
Avoid using garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes, and vinegar in cooking.
Also avoid rich gravies, sour, salty, and spicy foods.
Curd should be strictly avoided.
Take meals in a relaxed atmosphere at regular intervals.
Practice Yoga and Pranayama such as Vajrasana, Bhujangasana, Salabhasana, Bhastrika Pranayama, Shitali Pranayama and Shitkari Pranayama.
Make a powdered mixture of equal parts of rock candy (mishri), fennel, and green cardamom. Whenever you experience heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of cold milk and drink.
Mix together equal parts of powdered fennel, licorice root, basil leaves, and coriander seeds. Have ½ teaspoon of this mixture with ½ teaspoon of powdered rock candy (mishri) 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.