Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh GargYour feedback matters!
Redness in eyes, itching and ropy discharge sometimes. Taking loteprednol eye drop from 1 month. What to do now? Problem is still present.
I am a 29 years old and i am having head ache from last 3 weeks, I had consulted to the eye specialist but no control this pain. Please give me the suggestion.
I have to work in dust due to wood industry. Which medicine is helpful for regularly cleaning my eye without any side effects.
I am 60 yrs old lady yesterday while colouring my hair a little amount entered in my right eye even though I have cleaned with water immediately still pain is persisting. What I should do?
I have red eye's for last three days Doctors pleased tell Me what is the reason behind this? And also tell Me this which type medicine should I take?
My father 75 yes old he get right hand shoulder pain last 7 days It start like gas trouble but days go on he was so dull his tongue dry eye sight vision double he take medicine pain killer.
I have a problem with my eye. There is always a water like fluid always floating on my top of eye ball?
Sir ye Jo eyes m ek bimari hot I h jiska naam ratina pigments h kya is bimari ka illaj smbhav h is patient ko aandeere m dundla dikhai details h or ek bat kya in patents ki umar. 40 year ho Jane per inki eyes ki rosni kam ho jati h please reply me.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.