Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surekha Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surekha GuptaYour feedback matters!
My wife has not got her periods in this month and her date was 1st of March, she is facing tiredness and nausea. We had unprotected sex before 5-6 days and she had taken unwanted 72 pill the very next day. Is there any probability of getting pregnant? Kindly Revert.
Hello Sir/Mam. I and my wife loved very much to each other. We have good sex life also. Now a days we live separately due to our job. When we have sex with each other I have a fantasy to heard many women's name from her mouth as I do sex with lots of women with my wife also. I want to hear names of her friends relatives etc from her mouth during sex period. She also give me full support at that time. But now a days as we live far from each other we do sex chat and phonosex. I want to listen from her doing sex with other girls like her friends and others. But she refused to do that on phone. And she says now that she read some where that it is a type of sickness or pchycho problem. I want to know from the experts Is this really a type of sickness as I want from my wife. Or it is normal human tendency and fantasy to imagine another women during sex period. Thanks in advance.
Hello, Till how many days one married couple should have sex for a child, Means sex Kab tak karna hoga if we want baby.
I am taking zosert 100 mg for 2 months. I have upset stomach. I use various types of antacids but there is no result. Still I feel depressed. I also have Lonazep 0.5 mg at morning and 0.75 mg at bed time. I also have sexual disorder. I cannot feel anything during sex. After taking zosert sexual disorder remains same. What can I do?
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons, which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon, which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams, which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a procedure carried out in a laboratory where a female egg is fertilized manually with male sperm. After this, the embryo is introduced into the uterus. IVF is of great help to those couples who face fertility problems due to varied reasons. With each passing day, the success rate is increasing steadily. But, before seeking such assistance, you need to know and consider various factors.
Here is a list of few facts that you must know before opting for IVF.
What is IVF?
The very first thing you must know is that if you ever became pregnant in natural manners, then the chances of getting a positive result with IVF increases in your case. This is such a procedure which is beneficial to people with nearly all kinds of infertility complications. If you have such an infertility condition where fertility medications also proved to be unsuccessful, then you may choose IVF in that situation.
Eggs are first taken out from the ovary of a would-be mother and then fertilized outside before replacing it inside her womb. The treatment procedure is a bit lengthy. Before the collection of the egg, the woman needs to take prescribed medications and visit the clinic for check- ups or scans for a couple of weeks. The procedure of egg collection takes nearly an hour and after that, the patient must return to the clinic for the transfer of embryo and also pregnancy blood test. In total, the treatment takes approximately four to five weeks. Various shorter treatment forms are also available as well as other essential things that you must know before opting for IVF.
Are there any risks?
Many patients seeking fertility treatment from IVF generally have a misconception that the risk of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, endometrial cancer increases if this procedure is tried. But, you need not worry at all as IVF has no link with the increased risk of such diseases.
In many cases, it is seen that a couple possesses extra healthy embryo other than one. In that case, if the couple feels like, then they can donate the extra embryo to others. In conditions of male infertility, donated sperms are also used. A woman whose age is more than 45 usually has very fewer chances of becoming pregnant with her own egg, she may take the help of donor eggs.
You need not feel ashamed of infertility as it is a common phenomenon. With a success rate of 40%, many couples seek this procedure to get conceived. Besides infertile people, single women and same-sex couples also opt for this procedure. It means one in fifty babies is seeing the light of the Earth using IVF.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!