Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suraj Prakash
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj PrakashYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from ACL sprain grade 1 six week ago. Now that the injury is healed after how much time should I comfortably return to sports again without any future injury so that proper strengthening of ligaments can take place.
Last nyt I didn't sleep well turning ryt side to left side in the midnight. At that tym I slept at left side some how on my hand placing below the ribs. Nd whole night my ribs r bend slightly b'coz of that my ribs started paining front side nd my backside of my ribs frm 3days. I applied some oil nd medicine tablets but it no use of it so Dr. please tell me how cure my ribs pain.
My wife is suffering from back ache spondilities since 5 years she is 42 years old. Kindly inform what to do.
Sir I am suffering by my knee bone factor by motorbike accident 30 days back my local orthopedic doctor banded a cement patti but after 30 days that bone is not jointed and if I walk few steps swelling coming very high and pain also please guide to me what can I do?
I have pain in my right arm just below shoulder, I think it started from arm wrestling I did a few years ago, the pain is not severe, but occurs sometimes while movement or sleeping. I consulted a doctor and had s-adenosyl methionine 200mg for a month. Then I went for an xray which was normal then I went for some physiotherapy sessions, as my ping' s impingemet test came positive and did some exercises for that. Physio was a little help, but after 6-7 months my pain is back, I think its because I played cricket a few times and bowled fast. Please recommend what should I do now ?
Hello I am 25 years old, since from last few months there is a problem in my shoulder it's pain very badly couldn't lift heavy things please suggest me what to do?
Is memory loss always a part of aging? How much loss is considered normal? How much exercise do people over age 50 really need? Is osteoarthritis a part of aging, and is there a way to reduce risks, even after age 50? Do sleep needs change as we age? How much sleep do we need after age 50? What exactly is" preventive care, and what do you need after age 50? I see lots of vitamin supplements for the" golden years. Are they necessary? I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
I' m 18 years old. Sometimes after walking long or sitting very long time I feel a hard pain in my shoulders. Is it normal or what?
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is considered one of the best treatment choices for any joint and nerve related problem. The treatment is based on focusing on the trigger points of the pain and putting pressure on them via needles. The treatment is not painful and is known to produce good results in the long run.
- Dietary supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfalfa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.