Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Surabhi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am 29 years old. And I'HV got eye operation (flex scan) last year (23/03/2015). N I HV put eye drops as suggested by doctor for 3 months n after that due to eye pain I took antibiotics capsules n eye drops. But after that they hv suggested me not to put any eye drops in my eyes n no need to splash water into eyes. But on Lybrate I have seen an article in which you have given tips to protest eyes n in that thr is mentioned that splash water in eyes then should I do this. Sometimes I feel itching n don't feel normal (left eye). Whenever I use mobile n watch TV or do any work I feel pain. Even sometimes due to work I have to go outside in dust or bale. N eyes catch dust n dis creates problem. Now tell me what should I do in this situation. Kindly gv me solution.
I am 21 years old. And my eye power became -2 to -3 in 3year and I use eye glass also. What should I do?
Whenever I take bath my eyes get red and they starts paining. Should I go for eye checkup or this is a normal thing.
I went for eye check up doctor advice me to wear specs. But I check it again from specs shop. He said your specs number is different so I went to another doctor he gave me different specs number. So now I have three different spec numbers what should I do? Both of the doctors are MD in eyes And even shopkeeper is Optimatis. Help me what to do now?
When I stare something for a while water comes out from my eyes and itching started in my eyes and then they become red.
How can I decrease my eye site. Although I'm taking healthy food. But my eye site was quite constant. So please help me to decrease my eye site.
Hallo sir I am using contact lens some times I am having dull images. Sometimes I am using my lens continuesly more than 12 hours while in my working in system and also in travelling outstation. How can I maintain my eyes and lens without side effects?
I'm suffering from near sightedness. Nd my right eye power is -4.5 nd left is -3.5 How can I correct my vision problem.
I have red eyes for the last 4 days. What should I do for this? What are the precautions for preventing our eyes from becoming red?
Im office worker many time I have headache and also pain in eyes so. Tell. Me what the symptoms of jeeka virus and malaria virus Here water is also not good.
My eyes number is constantly increasing. I am near sightedness person. Can you tell me how to control eye weakness.
I have fatness in seeing object but not always only when I feel cold this is another type of fatness.
How to get rid of glasses? Does taking vit-A supplements at night and drinking carrot juice made by 250 grams of carrot useful?
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty