Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Supriya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SupriyaYour feedback matters!
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: High in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: Your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: During this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: In addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: Providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: A good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother is 45 years old. She is having continuous menses from past 2 months. She consulted doctor's took medicines also but it is not stopping. Some days have heavy flow. What is the reason. Suggest any remedy.
I'm 30 years old. Completed 3 years of marriage. Had 3 miscarriage. I have thyroid and PCOD. What is the cause of my frequent miscarriage? Please help me with this issue.
M 23 years old Trying to conceive fast .dr. Give me Tab. Ovabless n tab. Biopreg-f Does this is helpful to conceive me.
I and my bf had unprotected sex on 17th Nov 2018 but he did not ejaculated inside me. Again on 19th Nov also had sex but this time too didn't ejaculated inside. But to be on safe side I took ipill after 65th hr if counted from 17th Nov. Now I am having severe pain and I got brown discharge today. Is it implantation bleeding or withdrawal bleeding. My LMP was on 14th Nov. Please help soon.
HI Need to know that is vagina smell is sign of HIV. And if not then why smell come from vagina. And what all precautions should be taken to avoid vagina smell.
Hi, my LMP was on 3 nov 2017, and I have gone through a laparoscopy surgery on 8 nov 2017 after the surgery I had a minimal bleeding for 2-3 days and again a minimal bleeding happened between 19-22 nov 2017. And there was no sexual actually for a month till now. My concern is that I was told that my periods would get delayed for 30-40 days and I am too worried bcos its more than 40 days technically since 3rd November. Kindly help if there is any issues or if it’s normal.
Apple cider vinegar is the sort of a super food which takes care of multiple health problems for us. The most fabulous news probably is, that it helps in weight loss too. The ideal way to consume acv is by mixing a teaspoon in a cup of water and drinking before meals. Here are a few ways by which you can lose weight with apple cider vinegar:
The organic acids and enzymes in apple cider vinegar help speed metabolism which in turn helps burn fat at a much faster rate.
Apple cider vinegar is also said to help detox our bodies by absorbing the toxins and causing the bowel movement to improve.
It also helps stop those sugar cravings we have in between meals, in turn stopping us from overeating or eating in between the meals.
Apple cider vinegar also helps in making one feel full, thus suppressing one's appetite.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.