Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SupriyaYour feedback matters!
Hello ,i was pregnant and it was my first pregnancy ,i aborted with misoprostol and its been a month now, I did an ultra sound and it left me with cysts and fibrous substance on both ovaries and my uterus became small ,please help me ,my periods are not back yet.
I am having a sudden delay in my periods. Earlier I used to have my periods 5 days or a week earlier from my last month date. This time my date was 3rd march. And its been 14 days from my date but still I didn't have my periods. I am very worried about it. First time it happened like this. Please help me. I start crying when I think about it. Please help me.
Afrezza - the only inhaled insulin for diabetes.
Afrezza® is an inhaled human insulin indicated to help improve glycemic control in adults with diabetes mellitus.
Afrezza is a rapid-acting, inhaled insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The product consists of a dry formulation of human insulin delivered from a small and portable inhaler.
Administered at the beginning of a meal, afrezza dissolves rapidly upon inhalation to the lung and delivers insulin quickly to the bloodstream. Peak insulin levels are achieved within 12–15 minutes of administration. Afrezza is available in 4-unit and 8-unit single dose cartridges of insulin powder that can be used, as prescribed by a health care professional, in combination with other diabetes medications to achieve target blood sugar levels. For afrezza doses exceeding 8 units, patients may use a combination of 4 unit and 8 unit cartridges. Other sizes of cartridges are being considered. The disposable inhaler can be used for up to 15 days, should be kept in a clean, dry place with the mouthpiece cover on and may be wiped with a clean, dry cloth if needed.
Limitations of use
Do not use afrezza as a substitute for long-acting insulin;
Afrezza must be used in combination with long-acting insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Do not use afrezza to treat diabetic ketoacidosis. Afrezza is not recommended in patients who smoke or who have recently stopped smoking.
Important safety information for afrezza
Warning: risk of acute bronchospasm in patients with chronic lung disease
Acute bronchospasm has been observed in patients with asthma and COPD using afrezza. Afrezza is contraindicated in patients with chronic lung disease such as asthma or copd. Before initiating afrezza, perform a detailed medical history, physical examination, and spirometry (FEV1) to identify potential lung disease in all patients.
Do not use afrezza if you have problems with your lungs, such as asthma or COPD. Do not use afrezza during a low blood sugar reaction (hypoglycemia). If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in afrezza, do not use afrezza as this may cause a significant and severe allergic reaction.
Afrezza patient starter kit
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
Hi my wife age is 25 and she is in 12 weeks pregnant, she has 10.8 only hemoglobin, is this any major issue, if its issue how she can get back to normal level, please advise what type food need to take for this issue.
I had sex with my girlfriend. I ejaculated outside her but just to be sure I gave her an I pill to consume just after 10-15 mins after the act. She started to bleed within the next two days. But she again bleed after 3 days after the last bleeding She feels it's like the Period bleeding. She had her last period on 30th of May. What is the reason of this and have we successfully avoided the unwanted pregnancy? Please reply urgently. Thanks.
Recently for the first time experienced breast milk she has been undergone family planning surgery at the age of 28 years has 2 children. Recently had a breast infection with pus formation. And have taken antibiotics for same. Now she's concerned about the unusual breast milk for the first time is it common or to be taken to Dr? Please answer.
Hi. I'm getting continuous miscarriages. My doctor is suspecting the egg quality and advice me to go for donor egg. Im not interested in that. Is there any way to check the quality of the eggs?
Hi, Me and my girlfriend had dry sex one day before her periods time. I just licked her vagina and did fingering. Later we just rubbed one over the other with wearing panties. On the next day she did not got periods after five days she got very very small blood spot. Can you please tell me whether she is pregnant or it is sign of pregnant or it is just starting of periods once again?
My sincere appeal to all young couples is not to feel shy and hesitant in approaching a doctor for advice on contraception as because nobody is going to be judgemental on them. It is a professional world and any doctor would be more than eager to help out a patient.
Generally what happens is whenever there is a pregnancy happening out of a relationship, it puts the couple in a panic situation and there is a tendency to try and get over the counter medicines or maybe approach quacks or try and consume some so called food items which may lead to an abortion. These are the usual mistakes done by youngsters as they want to hastily get out of the mess without having to tell anybody.
The biggest concern in approaching a known doctor is the couple does not want to get identified, secondly they feel the doctor is going to take them through a long drawn medical procedure which is going to be costly and they would probably be asked to come along with a parent or a guardian for obvious reasons and hence they refrain from meeting a doctor.
Now coming to the facts-----
1. No need to panic if you realise that you have an unwanted pregnancy
2. Approach a gynecologist as soon as possible
3. If the doctor asks you get a sonography done please do so
4. You should always be knowing your blood group and hemoglobin levels before taking any tablets for abortion
5. Abortion can be very safely done with tablets under the guidance of a gynecologist and you do not need any hospitalisation. 2--3 visits to the clinic can complete the procedure
6. Only 1-2% patients may require a curettage of the uterus if the procedure does not get completed with tablets, which definitely the treating doctor would discuss with the couple and explain.
7. This medical abortion with tablets is not overtly expensive and is quite manageable with your pocket money (mobile phones are much more expensive).
8. There are no long term side effects of this procedure on your future fertility
9. Most of the doctors would be cooperative and would protect your privacy. You may have to sign a few forms for you should not hesitate as it is part of the procedure.
10. Nobody is going to be judgemental on you so take it easy and seek medical advice.