Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya GulatiYour feedback matters!
Hi, my baby is 3 & half year old. Her weight is not increasing & she is weak. Kindly give good treatment for her to increase her weight & health. Her diet chart menctioned below: morning one cup milk. At 11 am one chapati with veg. At 1: 30 one chapati with dal. At 5 pm one cup milk with biscuit. Evening two chapati with veg. Her weight is 13 kg from last one year. She is active also but her weight is not increasing.
My son is 6 months old started teething for a few days now. Has been on topfeed since birth. As per age his feed is changed from nan pro 1 to nan pro 2 and also we have started giving cerelac for 3 days now. Eversince the diet is changed there is a problem is of very tight and painful stool discharge 3 to 5 times a day. Since yesterday cerelac is stopped and liquid diet is restored besides water mixed with sugar. From Today afternoon we are also giving colicaid however, no relief as of now. Kindly advise. Thank you.
My 3 months old baby boy have rashes in his neck and redness also. I am cleaning his neck with wipes and use Himalaya power but it's not work. Pls tell me what I do?
My son is 56 days old almost 2 months, he having cough and cold ,can someone suggest some drops for him.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
Since ancient times, our ancestors passed their best practices of holistic lifestyle to their next generations. Over a period of time they became a ritual that got integrated into their day to day life. These series of rituals are known as samskaras. They are connected with the major events of life such as pregnancy, childbirth, naming ceremony, education, marriage, etc. These samskaras enables us to live a complete fulfilling physical and spiritual life.
Swarna Prashana is one of sixteen samskaras mentioned in ancient texts for paediatrics. It is an unique method to build long lasting health and intellect naturally without leaving any harmful side effects.
Swarna prashana is an unique method of giving swarna bhasma (gold ash) mixed with honey and ghee that is fortified with arka, an herbal extracts like vacha, brahmi, shankupushpi, etc. to children orally.
This process promotes overall growth in a natural way. Due to its broader benefits, it is not only useful for normal children, its much more beneficial for children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder, hyper activity, delayed milestones, etc.
Administering small quantities of Swarna causes:
Medha Vardhana – Improvement in intelligence
Agni Vardhana – Improvement in digestion strength
Bala Vardhana – Improvement in strength and immunity
Ayushya Vardhana – Improvement in life expectancy
Mangala, Punya – Auspicious
Vrushya – Aphrodisiac
Grahapaha – Relieves bad evils.
By administering Swarna for a month time, child becomes super-intelligent.
By administering for up to six months, person becomes Shruta Dhara – can remember whatever she hears.