Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya BabbarYour feedback matters!
I have overweight of 81 since six months and my body suffering from swallowing and bone joint pain, please suggest how to lose overweight?
Hi sir i am suffering from knee pain last two months. My left knee pain I take load of my body. How to get relax?
Suffering from severe headache and back pain please needed some suggestions to avoid it so steps to be taken to avoid it answer required very fast.
I met with a accident last year on 12th june .. after i got lamps like the ligaments have broked of in my right knee .. i have joined gym previous days but when i take lower body the symptoms repeate again
I am 16 years old. I am having a pain just below my knees it has started 2 years ago and it comes frequently a small tap can make me see heaven.
I was suffering from cervical spondylosis and have been on medication for over a month. In addition I have undergone 20 days of physiotherapy also. But pain and muscle discomfort is still there but it is not so bad as it was before. Not sure for how long I should continue medicines and physiotherapy. Kindly advise.
Because of desk job m suffering from initial stage of spondylitis and m having severe pain in shoulder and neck and there are lot noise are coming from my bones.
I am 20 year male and have right hand pain relif ointment cram for couple of couple of day but haven't got relit what should I do now.
She have permanently back pain. So which type of precaution she should take in general life to avoid such pain.
Hi, I am 26 years male. Few months back I got married and I was happy with my personal life. But now a days I am not able to satisfy my wife. Could you help me how to come out from this?
I am 46 years old facing hyperacidity from last 4 yrs. Daily taking rabeprazole. Weight is 57kg. Bp 110/70. After acidity heartbeats increased above 85. After bath showering observed. From last two days both hands and legs nerves are paining. Also frequent backpain and stomach pain.
Hlo Sir Mujhe pichle 2-3 saal se problem aar rhi hai. Mujhe chati kamar or shoulders main pain rehta hai left side mein bharipan or puri hath mein bhi dard rehta hai. Mujhe sans lene me bhi pro hoti hai. Or sans bahut choti choti or fast ho gyi hai. Dhool ya dhuye mein bikul sans nai aata. Or dharkan v kabhi bhi tej ho jati hai. Kmjori mehsus hoti hai. Jada chalne se bhi dard hone lag jata hai. Pairo mein bechaini rehti hai. Muhhe 2-3 saal ho gye medicine lete huyi koi frk nai lga please help kre.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"