Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha JainYour feedback matters!
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch
I have got my period on 8 September and then i did hormones test on 12 September and got fsh level 14.92 ime I have done my hormones test on fifth day of my period. So are the hormone test taken correct on time? am asking you this because I have told my gynecologist that I had my period on 9 September because I got little confused that day so she told that you have to take hormone test that day i. E 12 September else next month. According to her it was fourth day but fr me it was fifth day does it cause any change in the value of fsh level. please do reply thanks in advance.
I am 18 year old female and am having problems with menstruation since 2 yrs. They occur at a gap of 15 days to 1 month. Give me homeopathic advise.
If a physical handicapped girl married to a normal person what are the chances to have a baby like normal person ?
Hi. I have married on before 6 months. But, till now. I'm not getting pregnant. But my periods are regular. But this month i'm not getting my periods but pregnant test shows me negative. What have I do? Is any problem in my uterus?
I am trying to conceive since the past year. Bt not able to. Done husbands HSA. Fructose test was negative. What does that mean. Is it relevant to my pregnancy? Does the fructose negative test affect male fertility. His sperm count is 138 million.
I'm 21 year old, having girlfriend and engaged with her, My question is whenever we are trying to do sex, no matter how much I force but my penis can't put into her vagina. We had tried lots of time, some are saying that we have to make our foreplay more, I tried it but worst. Can you please say what can be there and how to solve it?
I am 19 year old girl. I am suffering from irregular manstulation/period cycle and minimum blood is released(3-4 drops) and have lots pain while bleeding. What should I do?
Is there a chance of pregnancy of only the top of penis is interested inside but not ejaculated. And if a guy has urinated before that can there be a chance of pregnancy because of pre cum?
Hello doc my query is that I have only a girl child want another in future she is 3 years and m doing a job just start my carrier my age is 27 is it Ok to make more gap in between my first and second child does age affect it. Is there any problem for my second pregnancy because of my age I take about 2 -3 years more for that I don't know what is good or bad please help reply soon.
I just got married in december 1 2014. Actually I got my periods but I did not get bleeding only some clotes that is also less 4 days over its same very less and only clotes. What should I do ?
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted.