Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
During the early growing years, children are prone to a lot of airway problems, including asthma, tonsillitis, and sinusitis. Their immunity is also low, which contributes makes them prone to develop these infections very easily.
Homoeopathy is believed to be a milder form of treatment with minimal side effects and also get rid of the underlying medical condition and also improve their immunity. Read on to know more about these conditions and what products homoeopathy uses.
- Asthma: Asthma is a common condition with wheezing episodes and difficulty breathing. Asthma attacks can be triggered by emotional stress, change of weather, occupational effects, family history of atopic diseases. Some of the commonly used homoeopathic medicines include Ipecac, Arsenicum, Nux Vomica, Natrum sulphuricum, and Kali bichromicum. The weather of the place you reside and the time of the attacks also have a major role to play in choosing the right component.
- Adenoids: This is the group of lymph tissue that is hidden behind the roof of the mouth. Their infection causes pain, fever, difficulty breathing, sinus infections, and snoring. Hydrastis, Calcarea phosphorica, Agraphis nutan, Tuberculinum, and Cistus Canadensis are some of the most frequently used compounds to treat enlarged adenoids. Managing adenoid infection can be useful in preventing adenoid surgery, which is very frequently done.
- Nasal Polyps: These are overgrowths of the nasal mucosa, and they lead to blocked nose, frequent sneezing, and nasal voice. The associated symptoms of loss of smell, bleeding, nasal obstruction, distension of the nose, will decide the right compound for you. Calcarea Carb, phosphorus, conium, Teucrium Marum Varum, Hekla Lava are commonly used to manage nasal polyps without having to go through surgical removal.
- DNS: The right and left nostrils are separated by a thin layer of bone and cartilage called the nasal septum. When this layer is not at the centre, but deviated to the right or left, it can cause breathing problems, nasal congestion, and sometimes pain and nosebleeds. In some people, this could also be a cosmetic issue with the external nose also looking crooked. Sangunaira, Aconite, Ars alb, Thuja, Tuber, Teucr mer are some compounds which produce good results.
- Tonsillitis: The tonsils are lymphatic tissue in the back of the throat, and due to various reasons, there can be attacks of acute or chronic tonsillitis. Baryta Carbonica, Calcarea phosphorica, Bromine, Calcarea iodata, and Lycopodium are frequently used to manage tonsillitis without having to remove them.
- Sinusitis: There are 4 major sinuses in the facial region and depending on the sinus affected, there can be heavy-headedness, blocked nose, facial bone pain, runny nose and pain between the eyes. Silicea, Merc Sol, Belladonna, Pulsatilla, and Kali Bichrome are effectively used to treat chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Most of the airway passage conditions in children can be treated with homoeopathic medications with minimal side effects and reducing the need for surgery. It is very important to understand that each child is unique and the right regime will be drawn up after a detailed discussion about history, accompanying symptoms, and predisposition to the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Sir/mam, Meri Friend h jo unmarried h, age uski 21 year hai. 2 month se uske period me thodi problem aa rhi hai, period aata to h but 2 day me end normally aata hai. But bs 2 day k liye. Constripation ki v problem hai isi ki wjah se. Sir/mam ,plz koi uchit slah dijiye & koi bdi problem to nhi hai na? Jiski wjah se aisa ho rha please details answer dijiye.
Doctor suggested to have AMH, Rubella and Progesterone tests as I had pcod. Could you please tell me what are the normal results.
Hi Dr. My girlfriend is not giving me sufficient blowjob. I want it more than my food or oxygen please tell me what should I do to live Is there any other way to feel the same sensation which I get during blowjob or oral sex please help.
My husband through the sperm out side after intercourse .if I take sperm and put into my vagina wit my hands .shall I get pregnancy?
My friend have size of cysts of about 1.5 cm and doctors said that its normal size is in mm. How dangerous is that? And also have swelling with that in stomach and its too much increased that if it increases more than her uterus has to be removed. Whats the solution of all these problems?
Hi, I am planning to get conceive from last month every day we had sex. But I got periods today is 6th day please give some tips. To get conceive And my husband have twin brother so there any chances even I would conceive twins.
My wife is 32 years old, she is about 107 kg weight & height 5'5" Also not consuming pregnancy. She is not doing any exercise also. Consulted many doctors about pregnancy but they are saying about test tube baby, which is so costly. What should I do.
Nowadays mostly all women are working. Pregnancy and motherhood become a huge responsibility for them. With the host of changes taking place in a working woman right from conception to child birth a woman needs both mental and physical care throughout the entire 9-month span. It is a real challenge to squeeze in the right diet, exercise and care both to the mother and the child and focus should be on regular antenatal visits to the doctor. A few things which pregnant women should focus on are;
- Regular antenatal checkups
- Daily sleep
- Eat well
- Exercise well.
- The doctor should provide you with additional nutritional supplementation.
- Keep stress at bay.
- Do not travel without informing your gynaecologist
- Do not smoke
- Do not lift heavy objects
- Do not take alcohol and strenuous exercises are to be avoided.
For any query regarding pregnancy or antenatal consultation, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Ayurveda and Garbha sanskar (prenatal education)
Ancient Indian medicine, i.e. Ayurveda puts emphasis on the spiritual, mental and physical preparation of the expecting mother to give birth to a healthy child. In Ayurveda, this theory is described as ‘supraja Janan’ or EU-maternity. It basically means preparing the couple in planning their pregnancy at least three months prior to the baby conception.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. The planning should firstly begin with panda shuddhi which means purification of gametes (sperm and ovum).
One should always keep in mind if the couple is not mentally fit and stable even though they are being physically healthy cannot give birth to a healthy child.
The mental calmness and firmness of mind is very much related to one’s eating habits and depends on many other factors of lifestyle. For giving birth to a healthy child, it is important to stay away from spicy food items and addictive substances during pregnancy period.
Universally it has been proven that the fetus is not just a mindless mass of flesh, but it responds and capable of understanding, receiving information from outside forces. The fetus is an evolving human being that has got full rights to receive optimistic and inspiring feedback or garbha sanskar.
Daily practices of garbha sanskar which are to be given during pregnancy period to the child in the womb are clearly prescribed in the Ayurveda. Not just daily diet taken by expecting mother is mentioned, but routine body care, yoga techniques as well as reading material and instructions are available in Ayurveda. Various subjects of discussion are written along with music and mantras that can be listened to during pregnancy period.
Development of parent-fetus bonding:
Do you know that feelings and thoughts in mind of parents affect babies in the womb on a large level. Until any thought is expressed verbally, it remains in an unexpressed form in mind. At this time, its wavelength is shortest and it has got maximum energy at this level. Selfless and unspoken thoughts bear and transfer maximum sanskar on the fetus.
Effect of music:
Scientifically, it has been proven that the fetus responds to music from 7th months of pregnancy. You would be glad to know that a foetus of 7th month starts hearing from mother’s womb and from the nearby surroundings and responds to them as well. Heartbeat of mother is the first sound the child hears when in a womb because it is the most nearest sound for the baby. This is the reason why a crying child clams down when her mother holds her close to her heart. It is believed that the child in the womb gets energy for the development of his mind and body when an expecting mother listens to the special music. You would be surprised to know that listening to sound of veena (an Indian musical instrument which is held by goddess Saraswati) and flute along with Samveda mantras are very helpful in giving birth to the healthy child at the time of childbirth. Various cassettes and CD’s like ‘Garbha Sangeet’, Garbha Sanskaar: Blessings for the new arrival” are published and can be easily brought by pregnant women from markets.
Lifestyle tips for the pregnant women:
According to Ayurveda, an expecting mother should stay away from movies depicting scenes of violence, horror and murder. This is because these kinds of stuffs can produce a negative effect on the child’s character. Also, expecting mother should live in a company of those people who throw positive influence over her. She can listen to soft music, read positive and self-inspiring books, view beautiful works of art, develop only constructive frame of mind with positive thoughts in her mind and last but not the least contemplate pleasant landscapes.
In Ayurveda, two types of ghees are recommended for mother-to-be. The name of first medicated ghee is ‘kalyanak ghrita’ to be given during 4th, 5th months of pregnancy on daily basis. One tsp of this ghee is widely given to expecting mothers, especially in southern states like Kerala in India. The herbal preparation ‘kalyanak ghrita’ is considered very effective in the development of the mental faculties of a growing fetus. Also, it is very beneficial for development of all body systems in fetal baby. ‘Kalyanak ghrita’ when taken regularly helps in fighting anemia in the mother as well as prevents any kind of congenital abnormalities. Another ghee is ‘Thanka three great’ which is to be taken during the last month of pregnancy i.e. 7th, 8th and 9th months of pregnancy. Regular intake of this ghee promotes complete developments in the fetal body and known to bring good fortunes to the newborn child. It also aids in the full term normal delivery. Both these ghee has got cow’s ghee as their base during their preparation.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO TAKE AN EXPERT ADVICE FOR GARBHA SANSKAR.