Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
I have come to know that I have a cyst in my right ovary of 6 cm. What will happen now. Either it can be remove by medication or I will have to go for operation. Pls reply. I am much tense.
When I am press my wifes breast milk come out through nipple. But my wife not in pregnancy and no child. Our marriage have last one year. Some small periods problem solved when we consult doctor and take medicine. Now no periods problem. Milk come out in my wifes brest in last two months when I press the brest. Please help me is it ok or not. Please send me a mail in my mail id.
It’s been long known about the numerous health benefits of beetroot. Surprisingly though, beetroot has some not-so-known qualities such as increasing stamina, removing skin blemishes and increasing the glow of the face. Apart from this, it can fetch benefits to the skin, hair and the overall health. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of beetroot consumption in vivid detail.
- Reduces the impact of aging: Beetroot being a great antioxidant successfully blocks free radicals and helps to fight the symptoms of aging. All it requires is a medium slice beetroot. The juice should be extracted from it and the pulp needs to be removed. The juice then could be applied to the face using cotton balls. Applying this simple solution once in a week can fetch dramatic results.
- Reduces blemish and pigmentation: Beetroot is one of the few vegetables that have a large amount of vitamin C embedded in it. It helps the skin to retain its original color, reduces blemishes and pigmentation. 3-4 cubes of beetroot serving twice a week should do the trick.
- Hair loss: Beetroot is a great source of food to stay away from hair loss. Being a good source of potassium, beetroot can prevent hair loss and enhance hair growth. A weekly serving of 3-4 cube of beetroot over a span of few months will show visible results.
- Improves liver function: Beetroot contains glutathione that is known to be a great agent for the liver. It acts as a detox diet and helps in functioning of the liver. This liver, in turn, helps the body to detox. Beetroot also helps in the regeneration of cells of the liver.
- Boost hemoglobin: Beetroot is an excellent source of iron and folate. These are the nutrients that are required for the body to maintain an adequate amount of hemoglobin in the body. A deficiency in the hemoglobin level can lead to anemia. Regular consumption of beetroot can ensure that a person refrains from deadly diseases such as anemia.
- Fight inflammation: Some typical symptoms of inflammation include infection, trauma etc. This is a sign of the immune system not acting efficiently against sudden panic. Some typical symptoms include pain, redness, swelling etc. Beetroot in known to have a super-efficient anti-inflammatory response. Injection of beetroot is often suggested by medical practitioners.
- Cancer prevention: Beetroot can elevate the level of oxygen in the blood. Since cancer cells are acidic in nature, beetroot can successfully neutralize them due to its alkaline nature. Owing to this anti-cancer properties, oncologists often suggests the intake of beetroot juice on a regular basis to patients suffering from liver, rectal, colon and various other types of cancer. 2 glasses of beetroot juice are often recommended for cancer patients.
Balancing the personal and professional life can be quite taxing. In the process, women often neglect their health. Work is important but not more than your health. Women of reproductive age should be extra careful. Many women particularly suffer from gynecological problems (PCOS, menstrual problems, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, to name a few). Thus, following a healthy lifestyle is the key to a healthy body (physical, mental as well as emotional). Health issues, no matter how minor, should not be left unattended.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle:
A healthy lifestyle can help ward off many unwanted health complications (especially gynecological problems).
- Eat a Healthy Diet. Many women live by fast foods. While burgers, pizzas, and fried foods may satisfy your taste buds, your body and overall health will have to bear the brunt. Once a while, pampering yourself with fast foods is fine, but do not make it an everyday practice. Include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. A healthy and balanced diet takes care of many gynecological disorders, including menstrual problems. Keep your body well hydrated.
- Obesity. Obesity can wreak havoc in a woman's life, irrespectively of their age. It is one the underlying factors responsible for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and other hormonal disorders. Thus, maintaining a healthy body weight becomes very important.
- Do not Compromise on your Sleep. On an average, a woman needs between 6-8 hours of sleep daily. A sound and healthy body can work better. Try and follow a healthy sleeping routine. Ideally, you should retire to bed by 10 pm and wake up by 6 am. Avoid stress and anxiety as much as you can. Too much stress can cause a hormonal imbalance with serious complications.
- Physical Activities and Workouts: Exercise and meditation act as a tonic for the body. You may lead a hectic life but 30 minutes a day is all that you need to refresh and rejuvenate your body. You will be able to kick-start the day with a renewed vigor and zeal. Women who are on the healthier side of the scale and have been trying hard to lose weight are sure to benefit from this.
- Annual Health Check-ups. Healthy or not, women (of all age groups) should go for annual health check-ups. Many health problems get complicated and almost untreatable due to late diagnosis. There is no point in taking chances with your health. Nobody can understand or know your body better than you. If you notice anything unusual (especially in your breast), immediately consult your physician. Self-awareness is essential.
Here are a few important personal care and hygiene that every woman should follow diligently
- Practice healthy vaginal hygiene. Wash your vaginal area daily. You can use warm water to clean the area.
- Avoid douching, use of perfumes and scented soaps in your vagina and adjacent areas. It can affect the pH of your vagina, resulting in infections.
- Always go for safe and healthy sex. Unprotected sex may cause STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and infections (bacterial, viral or yeast).
- Keep a record of your menstrual cycle every month. Make it a habit to change your sanitary napkins frequently during periods.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!