Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunitha GupthaYour feedback matters!
Women's day special
Multitasking moms a few nutritional tips
Most moms have a less-than-ideal relationship with food and with all that effort they put into feeding their kids, they either eat too little or too much.
Mornings are an especially busy time with breakfast being cooked and lunch boxes being packed and often mothers end up skipping breakfast themselves. Make sure you sit down and eat a healthy breakfast; you could even pack it and carry it to work if that’s easier, but do not miss breakfast.
Also finish your meal first before feeding your fussy kids so that you are way more patient and energetic.
One rule you absolutely must follow is to never finish up the food your child has left.
If you have taken it for a while you can stop and see what happens over the next three months. Still I can't understand. I m worried I just want to knw will I get periods regular after finishing this course.
My wife was pregnant but get aborted itself after 2 months. Since then we are trying to plan for child but facing difficulty. What to do?
On 5 march I have my period and on 11 night I get touch with my bf and he rub his penis on my vagina and his get his sperm and that time I am above and next day at 4 pm I take un wanted 72 and on 16 I get vaginal infection and on 20 days I have black discharge mix with transparent discharge that black discharge seems like blood and 1 day I have drop red discharge and next day have common discharge and after that I have no discharge but on 30 march I have water discharge it came often and pain in left lower part is there is any chance of pregnancy.
I have weak musscles,had an attack of facial paralysis 10-15 years ago,now I am 70,a male taking ashwa sheelajeet of Patanjali and Chandraprabhavati daily still when I speak some effect of face right side yet tiltes.Kindly suggest remedy.Thanks
I am two month pregnant. My wait is increasing very rapidly. And my tummy becomes out in two months like 3-4 months. Har koi khne lga h ki abi se itna tummy dikhta h. I am in tension. How I manage my wait now a days. Can you please suggest any helpful ideas and diet chart for pregnant lady which can help to maintain weight and also good for baby. My fat deposits on thigh, Upper arms, waist, Upper back. I can't wear my old dresses.
Hi, I had done my follicular study and on 15 th my follicular size is 21.8 doc give me shot of 10000 iu to rupture it. And I had intercourse with my husband on 16 th around 3 pm. And egg rupture in 17th around 9 am .My question is there any possibility of preg. as doctor advised me to have relationship on 17 the day egg has rupture and the very next day on 18But due to some reason we had relationship on 16th before the egg rupture nd no intercourse after that. And I have pcod and am taking bigomet sr 500 twice daily nd bharglob injection on every 21 day because of multiple miscarriage at 7 weeks because of no heartbeat.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
My wife age is 40. There is a irregular period.We have a one female child born in 05/02/2007.Her stomach is expanding.
Death grip syndrome: Causes, symptoms, and treatment plan
#masturbation is a normal part of sexuality. However, it’s possible to overdo it. For men, excessive masturbation by hand might backfire.
This is known as “death grip syndrome.” it’s not a clinical term, but it describes the condition well. Death grip syndrome happens after frequently using the hand to masturbate. This kills the nerves, making it difficult to feel pleasure.
Typically, the nerves in the penis are super sensitive. 1 but without healthy nerves, you won’t be able to notice different sensations. 2 this can lead to problems like loss of feeling and delayed ejaculation.
The main cause is frequent masturbation, but there are other possible reasons. Check out this guide to learn the causes, symptoms, and treatment for death grip syndrome.
Dryness and tightness causes death grip syndrome
Lubrication is a crucial part of sex. It’s the same deal with masturbation!
A good lube prevents dryness, chafing, and raw friction. The slippery surface also does a better job at emulating real sex. You’ll be less likely to keep going for a long time, just to feel some pleasure.
A water-based lubricant is the best choice. 4 you can also use lotion, but avoid fragrances and dyes that might irritate the skin.
A tight grip is needed to feel the pleasure, but if it’s too snug, the nerves can take a hit. Loosen up your hold and don’t squeeze to the point of pain. Again, a good lube will help avoid this.
Like tightness, a high speed of masturbation isn’t healthy. Sure, going fast will feel better, but it can do more harm than good. Use a lube to mimic the sensation – not speed – of real sex.
Ejaculation problem is a symptom of death grip syndrome
1. Erection problems
A common symptom of death grip syndrome is erection difficulties. After all, erectile function greatly depends on healthy nerves.
If the nerves are damaged, they can’t receive signals from the brain. So, the penile muscles can’t relax, and blood won’t fill it up.
2. Delayed ejaculation
When the nerves have problems, it’ll be hard to orgasm. It can take as much as 30 to 45 minutes or more. 6 in some cases, you might not be able to orgasm at all. This is a major symptom of death grip syndrome.
3. Low pleasure
Nerves are needed to feel pleasure. But if they’re damaged, sex may not feel as good. This can happen even if you do achieve an erection.
If having sex feels uneventful, relationships might suffer.
Rest and go slow to treat death grip syndrome
Giving your body a break is the best thing you can do. Remember, death grip syndrome is caused by excessive masturbation. Frequency is everything.
Don’t masturbate or have sex for about a week. If you find this tricky, stay distracted with hobbies. It’ll let your penis rest and recover.
2. Loosen it up
A tight hold is a recipe for nerve damage. In the future, don’t grasp too hard. Alternate between different types of grips.
3. Go slow
Masturbating too fast will stress out the nerves. It also won’t help if it’s raw and painful. Go back and forth between different speeds, and take your time.
Masturbation is perfectly normal. In fact, roughly 95 to 99 percent of men masturbate. 7 to do it safely and properly, follow this guide to avoid death grip syndrome. This condition doesn’t have to last forever.
My wife is pregnant and in thyroid test FT3 levels are high any problem with that. After breakfast and before breakfast Thyroid results will shows the different values or shows same values.
My wife is having cold fever .due to an abortion pill she took today what should I do m 24 nd m really afraid please help.
I am getting periods for 30 days in one month and for 40 days in the next month, so is this referred as irregular periods? I am 29 years old, trying for pregnancy.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Current generation dads are super dads!!! Studies have shown that fathers have increased the time they spend with their children by 300% since 1970s. Our young dads are determined to do all that is needed for the baby. They are present to support their spouses and start planning the room, clothes and stay of the baby well before the arrival date.
There is a lot of talk about how mums should prepare for the baby’s arrival, however dads often need to fight it out with no actual step by step guide or a counseling session for the same.
Following are some tips for our dads to be:
1) Accept your changing partner: Pregnancy is a hormonally charged state. It may bring about irritability, negative emotions, physical limitations, etc. Your job is to support your pregnant partner emotionally and physically. You need to offer practical help-like doing household chores, picking and dropping from work, etc.
2) Keep yourself well informed: You should be well informed about the progress of the pregnancy. Accompany your partner for doctor check-ups, ultrasounds, and extra tests. Help your partner cope up with extra medicines.
3) Know about symptoms and signs of labor: You need to be aware of the danger signals of pregnancy. Keep yourself well contactable all the time. Keep your car well fueled.
4) Chalk out your finances: You need to be prepared by the hospital expenses well in time. Have a black and white budget to help you cope up with the increasing expenditure.
5) Pack hospitals bags: You need to be ready with the essentials which may include important documents, insurance papers, credit cards, mobile phones, batteries, etc.
6) Apply for paternity leave: You have to be there to support the new mom. Make an active effort in baby care– from nappy change to baby bath to baby shopping etc.
The more you do, the more you will discover your take at fathering.
I checked my breast lump by mammogram and found it is only fibroblastoma. No malignancy. Is it harmful in future I am 20 years female.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.