Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.
I am married. My Periods date was in between 18th to 21st and till today I haven't got my period. Planning for a baby, so had sex with my husband. We had first tried on 14th November, but I got the period immediately on 17th November. After that also we had sex, today to check whether am pregnant or not did the urine test but it was negative. I am worried Doctor. Can I be pregnant ever? What shall I do?
Is there any danger to life in operation related to garbhashaya?(the part of women in which the baby lives during pregnancy)
I have a habit of eating slate pencil. So I want to knw what are its side effects or what are the causes of eating slate pencil. Is this habit is very dangerous for my health. And how to control the craving of eating slate pencil to prevent myself from eating it. Please help me.
I married before 4 months. We want a baby. Please give me important tips for early pregnancy of my wife. Thank you.
My girlfriend is not having periods. We had intercourse on 3rd april and her periods date was 5th april. She did the urine test twice on 4th and 7th and beta hcg test on 7th. All the tests have shown negative result. On 7th she had a mark but aftr that no sign of periods. We had unprotected sex (ejaculated outside). Please suggest what should she do and is there any way of finding out if she is pregnant or not as we are very much tensed. Can she take primolut N?
How does doctors come to know by just checking the patient that she is pregnant. I mean without any test or sonography?
Sir I am suffered from varicocele and which cause the male infertility so what cn I do without surgery.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
Health benefits of amla/gooseberry
1. Build immunity
2. Increase metabolism
3. Absorb nutrients like iron better
4. Eliminate toxins
5. Improve digestion
6. Better bowel movements
7. Cures a sore throat and cold
8. Rich source of vitamin c.