Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita ShradhaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I had a miscarriage last year. I conceived again. My last periods date is 4-4-15. I medicined I m having are. Duphaston, susten, I m getting biweekly injections named hu cog. My first ultrasound was done on 21st may 15. According to the report the pregnancy was only 5 weeks at that time. On 10th june again the ultrasound was done and it only showed 6 weeks pregnancy. I even had some bleeding in the morning on 10th june. My doctor advised me some bed rest and an injection bharglob 16.5%. What should I do? is bleeding normal?
I am 47 female did utrus operation after put on weight. What is master check up. What r the test. N is it too costly.
Hello doctor I am 22 years old female, 2nd half months period not occur then Dr. Suggest me for scanning then Dr. Told me watery pimple is appearing, then giving tablet for taking that three month. Now am taking gynovit tablet. What is happening tell me please doctor.
She is having sugar, HBA1C is an average of 7.5 consecutively from past 9 months, can we plan for pregnancy. Kindly suggest.
Hello Dr, I want to know is there any chances me getting pregnant. Coz I hve a son aged 15 years now. N planning for one more kid, should I go for any more tests. And my period cycle is 35 days. Kindly advice.
SUSTEN SR 400mg for getting periods twice a day orally can I eat 800 mg in one day.what are the side effects will it cause over bleeding read in net that these pills are also taken vaginally.
Helo doctor I am 25 years old ,my height 4.5 inches, my weight 68 kg ,my face have many black spots, And I have 11 month baby, after delivery I was little fat but over belly, so I am very same for my belly, every person told are you pregnant? So please help me doctor How to reduce my belly And which cream used my face.
Hi my wife is pregnant in sep 2015 and period is 14sep15, I want to know due date of delivery so please tell me.
My gf has a prob abt her periods. She's 22 years. Height 5.5 & weight 68 kg. She never gets her dates on time and also every time its late. She gets so much pain during dates that she can't even stand properly neither she feels like eating while those days. Plz help wat should she do to get it normal.
Hello sir I am 23 year female. I have got small rashes in and outside my vagina. It burns while urinating and on touching. It makes me feels discomfort. At present am using cambizen cream in my vagina. Please help me sir. Thank you.
Unlike vegans, vegetarians include dairy products in their diets. These foods are naturally high in vitamin b-12. An 8-ounce glass of milk, for example, provides 0.9 micrograms of vitamin b-12. As the dietary reference intake is 2.4 micrograms, a glass of milk provides 37.5 percent of your daily vitamin b-12. An 8-ounce cup of yogurt provides the same amount, while 1 ounce of cheese contains 0.2 micrograms, or 8.3 percent of your daily vitamin b-12.
Yeast extract spreads are a good vegetarian source of vitamin b-12 and are also suitable for vegans. A 1-tablespoon serving of these spreads -- typically served on toast or crackers -- contains 0.09 micrograms of vitamin b-12, or 3.75 percent of your daily intake. Although most brewer's and nutritional yeasts do not naturally contain vitamin b-12, fortified yeasts are another good source of this vitamin. These products are typically labeled as vegan or vegetarian nutritional yeast flakes. Depending on the brand, adding as little as 2 teaspoons to your breakfast cereal or smoothie or with a spread on toast can provide 100 percent of your daily vitamin b-12 intake.
Eggs are naturally high in vitamin b-12. One large chicken egg yolk contains 0.33 micrograms of vitamin b-12, or 13.8 percent of your daily intake. In comparison with chicken's eggs, the eggs of other birds contain much more vitamin b-12. For example, a single duck egg contains 3.78 micrograms of vitamin b-12, while a goose egg contains 7.34 micrograms. As there are no known risks of excessive vitamin b-12 intake, it is safe for you to use duck and goose eggs as a daily b-12 source. You can use duck and goose eggs in place of chicken eggs in most dishes. However, goose eggs are three to four times larger than chicken or duck eggs, so you will need to adjust recipes accordingly.
Fortified foods are a good vegetarian source of vitamin b-12. These include soy products, dairy alternatives and breakfast cereals. For example, a single veggie burger patty contains 1.41 micrograms and a cup of fortified bran flakes contains 1.5 micrograms of the nutrient. Respectively, these amounts account for 58.8 and 62.5 percent of your daily vitamin b-12 intake. Because not all fortified soy products and breakfast cereals contain vitamin b-12, read nutritional information labels before making a purchase.
I am 42 years old woman. After my second son ligature has done now I want to have a child again, is there any way to have a child?
Those 4-6 days in the month are the most painful for women. They are also very depressing. There are a lot of things which can help the pain go away, however, it is highly important for the woman to take proper care of her health during this time of the month. Besides maintaining a personal hygiene, these are the habits that you need to stop doing:
1. Wearing the same pad for the whole day can cause vaginal infections and produce bad odor. The pads need to be changed in every 3-5 hours no matter if you bleed heavily, or not.
2. You are already feeling pain, thus do not push yourselves in giving more pain. Do not do things like waxing or planning a root canal.
3. Having an unexpected sex during the period brings high chances of getting infections. For this reason you better avoid sexual intercourse during your periods.
4. You can harm your body and give strain to it if you do rigorous exercises during period.
5. Do not skip meals during your periods as you already lose a lot of energy and blood. Take 3 proper meals and some snacks in between.
6. Avoid cravings for food in the middle of the night as it will do harm to your body. It is not able to digest all that greasy food which gets in.
7. Menstrual cramps may make it hard to fall asleep during the night, but it is highly recommend to have a good night’s sleep and relax your body due to the strain you’ve been experiencing for the whole day.
8. Milk products can worsen the cramps during your period as they contain arachidonic acid, thus avoid consuming them.
9. Do not involve yourself in watching depressing movies, or listening to sad songs because all this may affect your psychological health.
I am 20 years old I had sex with my boyfriend on 8th August 2016 we used condoms for protection and today I vomited 6 times in 90 mins apart from this there is slight bleeding from my private part accompanied by jalan and feeling fatigue my last periods came on 17th July 2016 Can I get pregnant with the above mentioned symptoms Please help.
I am pregnant and I have a baby of one year. Now I want to stop breast feeding but what to do if I get pain in breast after stop feeding.
My wife got uterus operation is their any tablet to increase sex mood. She is not interested in sex because she will get pain it seems. So I can not control my sex Desire so what can I do tel me sir.
Without admit in the hospital how to abort a 21 weeks of pregnancy please help me in these but sure I want to abort immediately because it's already 6 months of pregnancy it's dangerous please can you give any home remedies to abort or any medical pills for abort.
Indian diet plan for mother after cesarean delivery is made after considering the following points. The menu for a mother after a c-section is planned after taking in to consideration the needs of the mother and the child. The meals should consist of the following nutrients
Eating a protein rich diet is a great way of healing the tissues and it is very important for the healthy growth of your baby. Proteins also help in maintaining the muscles after the surgery. Eggs supply zinc and proteins to your body. Fish is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for your health.
Sources of protein – include foods such as eggs, chicken, fish and meats if you are a non-vegetarian. Vegetarians should eat dairy foods like milk and cheese, dried beans, peas, and nuts
Vitamins should be taken in sufficient quantity since they contain lot of antioxidants which help in repairing tissues. It also helps in producing collagen in the body which helps to build new scar tissues, tendons and skin.
Sources of vitamins- eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin c, such as melons, oranges, papayas, strawberries, grapefruits, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli.
The mother loses a lot of blood during and after childbirth and thus the iron reserve in the body needs to be replenished. Lack of iron can make you weak and lethargic. Eat foods that are rich in iron. Take care not to eat excess quantities of iron since it can lead to constipation.
Sources of iron – include walnuts, red meat, oysters, dry fruits, figs, beef liver and dried beans.
Calcium helps in relaxing the muscles, promoting bone and teeth health, in blood coagulation and in preventing osteoporosis. Milk should be had sparingly since it is a very good source of calcium and facilitates the production of milk for the baby. Yogurt is another way to supply calcium to your body. Yogurt also contains zinc and the most advantageous thing about it is that it can be consumed with a variety of dishes.
Sources of calcium – the mother should include milk, cheese, yoghurt, spinach, kale and tofu to supplement the intake of calcium.
Fiber is required so that you do not suffer from constipation. Constipation can put undue pressure on the wounds. Fibrous fruits are not only very nutritious, but they also help to avoid constipation.
Sources of fiber – eat lots of raw vegetables and fruits as salad in order to add roughage to your diet.
Water and fluids:
Breastfeeding can make you exhausted and thirsty. The mother should take plenty of fluids in order to ease bowel movements and to produce sufficient quantity of milk for the little one. You can drink low-fat milk since it is easier to digest. Take special care to avoid caffeine. Caffeinated drinks include cold drinks, coffee, energy drinks, tea, carbonated drinks.
Sources of fluids – Non-citrus fruit juices, soups, coconut water, herbal teas and buttermilk. Green teas are allowed too if you consume the decaffeinated ones.
Foods that increase milk production in lactating mother:
Garlic (lehsun), fenugreek leaves and seeds (methi), fennel seeds (saunf), cumin seeds (jeera), sesame seeds (til), almonds (badaam), bottlegourd (lauki), ridge gourd (torui), spinach (palak), orange lentils (masoor dal), oats and daliya.
Foods to avoid after c-section:
- The activity level is low after delivery since you are advised to rest. Avoid all fatty foods and junk foods. These will only add on to the weight. Avoid eating spicy foods since they can cause gastric trouble. Your baby might also get the flavor in his milk.
- Citrus juices and carbonated drinks should be kept at bay since they can cause flatulence and gas.
- Caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee should be taken in moderation only since these are diuretics. These drinks are high in caffeine and can cause problems in your baby’s growth.
- It is better to stay away from alcohol as it can impair the mother’s ability to breast feed and can cause developmental problems in the baby.
- Avoid gas forming foods like urad dals, chola, rajma, chawali, channa, besan, pickles, green peas, dry peas. Vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, bhindi, broccholi, onions are better avoided for the first 40 days. Later on, they can be introduced in the mother’s diet slowly.
- Avoid any sort of fried food. They are very difficult to digest in the first 40 days and can lead to gas and stomach ache and burns.
- Avoid ghee and rice for the first 3-4 day after c- section. After 4 days you can start eating rice once a day. Unlike the myth that says you should not eat rice as the scar will not heal. This is true in case if the mother is diabetic, as high blood sugar levels will interfere in healing of scar, but for a non – diabetic average indian women this does not hold true.
- Very cold food and drinks. This restriction is imposed on mother just for precaution. If the mother catches cold, treatment becomes hard if she is breastfeeding. The medications are excreted in breast milk and the baby’s health gets affected too.