Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Shradha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita ShradhaYour feedback matters!
Laziness is identified by poor nutrition. Nowadays lifestyle drives people to take snacks and junk foods that can lead to overweight which in turn lead to laziness. Many other things that are like poor diet, lack of the vitamins and minerals, and insufficient exercise lead to a lack of energy that also contributes to your general feeling of laziness. So to avoid this please follow the points:
2. Exercises that keeps your CVS system well and healthy like walking, jumping, squatting, skipping etc.
3. If possible for cycling or fast walking early morning.
4. Have food good in nutrition like vitamins/ minerals.
5. Excessive intake of water as it removes metabolic toxins from the body and keep your fit and healthy.
6. Stay calm and patience.
Today we will be discussing the topic of Ayurveda for wellness. We repeatedly discuss how “Prevention is better than Cure”.
But What exactly is Prevention? Very few of us are aware of that. Nowadays It has become a fashion to do preventive health check-ups through blood tests and other parameters. But a few blood tests and these parameters can not complete your preventive care. It may give an idea of your pathological condition but it may not give a complete idea of your physiological and mental health. Our 5000 years old ancient science gives an idea of preventive care.
Ayurveda, literally, means Life Science; ‘Ayur’ meaning Life and ‘Veda’ means Science. It gives a detailed idea on how to do things and spend your life on a day to day basis. There is a popular saying in Ayurveda that goes like “Swasthasya se Swasthya Rakshanam, Aturasya vikar prashamanamcha”. It means to take care of the healthy individual and also to take care of the diseased person by all preventive measures as is the aim of Ayurveda. How diseases are formed or how disturbances in health occur is also described in the ancient text in a beautiful manner. Ayurveda says that in a particular condition or at a particular time if a person is doing things in a proportionate or disproportionate manner then that is responsible for the wellness or illness. To get good health or wellness, we need to follow this principle.
We are mostly living in a 9-6 time for our daily routine. If we follow our daily routines in a proportionate manner, for example, intake of healthy food, regular exercise or yoga, follow proper sleep schedule, and if we spare time for family and social well being, then we can definitely achieve the health goal and can get supreme health. This may not happen due to sedentary lifestyles. We do not follow a proper diet, no proper sleep hours, no proper time devoted to regular exercise and yoga, resulting in individuals suffering from health problems at an early age. As early as twenty to twenty-five, many individuals are suffering from health problems. For examples, several young girls are having period issues and many young boys have joint pains or general weakness problem at a young age due to the sedentary lifestyle.
How to get rid of these problems and how to stay healthy by taking preventive measures?
Wellness is a lifelong path and is different for different persons and individuals. Ayurveda helps you to achieve your wellness journey through its basic principles. One cannot achieve the health goals without doing the detoxification because the toxics are responsible for the disease or illness. For detoxification, the Ayurveda Panchakarma procedure will support you in recovering from the illness, for getting relaxation from stress, and for getting rejuvenation from weakness. The Panchakarma, as the name suggests, is the process of five procedures which is the detoxification process in Ayurveda. As our body is formed by “Panch Mahabhutas” and “Tri Doshas”, Panchakarma procedure also works on the same principle. Panchakarma include the five main procedures and there are some sub processes.
- First procedure is the ‘Vamana Karma’, the scientific MSS process for tougher disorders or detoxification from the cougher disorder.
- Second is the ‘Virechana’ process, which is the scientific purgation process for the aggravated pitas disorder and the detoxification process for the ‘pitah doshas’.
- The third one is ‘Basti’ process which is the enema by the medicated oil or decoction. It is the detoxification process for the Vata Doshas.
- Other Panchkarmas are the Rakt Mokshana and Nase, and also includes Netre Darpan, Shirodhara, Sanik Basti which also helps to achieve our wellness goals.
One can achieve wellness by doing following these procedures regularly or as per the advise of the Ayurveda physician. One can do this at any authentic Ayurveda centre or at our centres as well.
I did pregnancy test. One line is clearly visible and the other is visible but not clearly. What is the result then? Positive or negative?
I am a lawyer so I hv to attend my work place regularly. Is it safe to go office regularly during pregnancy. This is my 2nd week of pregnancy and my first pregnancy,
Vaginitis also known as vaginal infection or vulvovaginitis, it is a situation in which the vagina gets sore and irritated. It is a common occurrence in females. Though it is not a very serious disorder yet it can be a cause of severe discomfort and irritation. Common side effects that are prevalent in the case of vaginitis include either abnormal discharge or vulvovaginal irritation or both. The discharge may also tend to have an unpleasant odor. In ayurveda, vaginitis is often seen as an amalgamation of yoni dahan and yoni kandu, the two different disorders that affects vagina.
The most common causes of vaginitis include:
- Deficiency of estrogen
- Skin irritants like perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays
- Sexual activity, etc.
Diabetes, usage of steroids or tight clothing is also among some of the causes of vaginitis. Ayurveda aims to treat vaginitis naturally, by using precise combinations of certain herbs in addition to a paste for local application.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be used to treat vaginitis:
- To relieve the burning sensation: Add water to triphala herb powder; mix the ingredients. Wash your vagina with this solution to lessen the burning sensation.
- To eliminate toxins from the body: Make a beverage of dried cartilaginous tube herb in boiling water and consume it. The herb is known to aid the body in eliminating harmful toxins.
- To cure inflammation: Garlic and turmeric are known to cure inflammation. You can use this treatment to cure infection. Turmeric can also be consumed to fight away internal infections.
- To cure infection: Margosa also known as neem is an effective natural remedy for curing inflammation. It destroys microorganisms effectively. You can use neem powder to cure the infected area.
- To combat the growth of harmful bacterium: Citrus juices are known to aid the canal to regain its acidity and prevent the multiplication of unhealthy bacteria
- To avoid infection: Yogurt is one amongst the foremost common home remedies for duct infection. If you apply yogurt on the inflamed areas and additionally eat a bowl of yoghurt on a regular basis your infections will disappear.
- To reduce swelling and redness: Soak a clean cloth in cool water and place it on the inflamed space. The cool sensation will compress the blood vessels and reduce the burning sensation, redness, swelling and irritation.
I am a mother of a one year old child. We are not interested in another baby soon. Also I am afraid of using surgical pregnancy prevention like copper T. As condom do not help in enjoying sex can you please instruct me any pregnancy preventing pills. We haven't yet tried any. Because of this we are afraid during sexual intercourse.
Or ek question ki meri shadi hu 6 month ho chuke he or meri wife ko 1 month se vagina se white pani gir raha he to uska kya karan ho sakta please tell and suggest me No pregnancy and age 22.
Can I conceive with a retroverted uterus? My gynec put me on Clomid and after trigger shot I ovulated on 17th day. Took duphaston from. 21 april to, 25th April. But got my periods on 29th April. My hsg test is normal. I had given birth to a boy 8 years ago I lost him last year in accident pls help me. I had a surgical abortion in2011 opted by me only. My husband results are normal. Will I conceive again. I am 5 feet and 61kg taking THYRONORM 50 mg the is 3.9 as of now.
5 Alarming reasons you must visit your gynaecologist
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. Some of these problems may turn out to be more serious than you expected. Here are 5 danger signs you should watch out for that signal an immediate visit to your gynaecologist.
1. Painful sex
Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
2. Considerable bleeding during periods
If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it’s a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion.
3. Itchy vagina
4. Abnormal vaginal odour
Abnormal vaginal odour, just like an itchy vagina, may be a sign of a bacterial infection. Sometimes vaginal odour may even be accompanied with a thick and heavy vaginal discharge. This usually indicates vaginal yeast infection (an infection caused by an increase in the number of yeast cells present in your vagina), and if ignored these infections can recur, making sex and urination very painful activities.
5. Lump in your breast
A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
Schedule an appointment with your gynaecologist if you experience any one of these symptoms. It’s better to be safe than sorry.