Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita ShardaYour feedback matters!
I want to have sex without condom how can I avoid pregnancy . Can I-piles are good. The girl is virgin. also will there be blood from her vagina. How can I overcome situation of bleeding and is that bleeding normal. The girl is quite thin.
My question is if I have unprotected sex and he comes inside and the same day I start birth control is there any chance I could be pregnant? And it was a Sunday at a regular cycle.
I had gestation diabetes during pregnancy. Can I use lactonic granules to increase breast milk supply?
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th week. Can she drink cranberry juice of real juice company as she have wheat allergy. What other things can she have as she is suffering from wheat allergy and thyroid problem.
My wife has 1st pregnant her last period date is 15.7.16 so tell that now she has how many months and she not had baby movement.
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain. Testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism. Low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to early adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
Testosterone and aging
Low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
Reduced sexual desire, or low libido
Fewer spontaneous erections
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
Changes in sleep patterns
Emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
Physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1, 100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
A reaction to certain medications
Thyroid gland disorders
Excessive alcohol use
The best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.
1. Reasons-to-quit checklists
2. Why do I smoke?
3. Am I addicted to nicotine?
4. My smoking diary
I have undergone cesarean 4 months back. What precautions do I need to take to maintain good health?
Is there any symptoms of getting pregnant before missed periods? Kindly give examples of symptoms, if any.
I had sex on 18.07.2016 with my wife, after 22 days of mensuration. Is there any chances of getting pregnancy, already having kids. When we should go for testing & taking abortion pill? Please advise.
Sir mai marriage ki 2year ho gye starting m maine without doctor consult after relation i-pill lai lete the hmesha aise krte the but beach m relation bn gye the or mtp kit lai le the after take kit blooding 1-2month tk chale maine doctor se without check up medicine le or thik ho gye the. An mughe lgta h k sayad m pragnant nhe ho paunge kyoke 2year ho gye hm pragnant nhe hue hu mai kya kru or konsa checkup krau.
My boyfriend and I had sex 2.5 weeks Ago. He used the pull out method and we are sure he did not ejaculate inside. But today I am having light bleeding and my period date is far away i. E 17th. Am I pregnant?
I am 24 year oldold women. My boyfriend and I had sex on 10th november. I hadam periods few days before that. We used protection but it was loose and n so we used unwanted 72 (contraceptive pill. Then we had sex on 24th november, we used protection. We checked the condom to see if it was bursted but it wasn't and now its 19th december and I am 1 week and 2 days late. We are sure about the protection that it didn't burst. Is this because of the pill but it was told to us that it will be late only for a week but now its more than that. I have been having stomach ache regularly for the past week. Pls help. Am I pregnant? Pls explain in detail. Should we be worried. Will I have my periods?
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. Improve your mood and reduce pms symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type ii diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin b-6.
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the fda as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating bananas aids digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? high fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and gerd.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
Natural cures from a simple banana
- ?Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve seasonal affective disorder (sad).
- Quitting smoking? bananas contain high levels of b-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
A sure-shot way of beating stress and correcting your blood pressure and heart rate is through hugging. Research has found that hugging a person for about 20 seconds releases oxytocin, popularly known as the love hormone, to counter the effects of the stress hormone cortisol.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
सेक्स में कम रुचि होना एक प्रश्न कई बार मुझ से पूछा गया हे - सप्ताह में कितनी बार सेक्स करना नोर्मल होता हे? इसका कोई निश्चित उत्तर नहीं हो सकता। क्या रोज़ सेक्स असामान्य हे? असल में सेक्स की frequency उसी कपल में अलग अलग समय में अलग हो सकती हे। नए रेलेशन्शिप के पहले २ वर्षों में सबसे अधिक होती हे, फिर धीरे धीरे कम होने लगती हे ।
फिर यदि दोनो अपनी सेक्स लाइफ़ से संतुष्ट हे तो फ़िक्र की कोई बात नहीं परंतु यदि किसी एक को या दोनो को शिकायत हे तो ये गम्भीर रूप धारण कर सकती हे । ये समस्या पुरूषों तथा महिलाओं में काफ़ी बहुतायत में पायी जाती हे । इसका अर्थ हे कि आपके दिमाग़ में सेक्स के ख़याल कम आते हे, आप सेक्शूअल क्रिया शुरू करने की चेष्टा नहीं करते या आपके साथी की हर कोशिश को नकार देते हे ।
यदि आप दोनो इस से समझोता कर लेते हे और सन्तुष्ट हे तो सब ठीक हे ,पर यदि आप में से एक की सेक्स इच्छा दूसरे से काफ़ी अलग हे या आप में से एक के विवाहेतर सम्बंध बन जाए तो इसका आपके जीवन पर नकारात्मक प्रभाव हो सकता हे । अनुमान के अनुसार लगभग एक तिहाई विवाहित महिलाओं में यह समस्या पायी जाती हे । उम्र के साथ इसकी सम्भावना बड़ती हे अतः रजोनिव्रति: के बाद आधी से अधिक महिलायें प्रभावित होती हे। अधिकतर 20-35 वर्ष की महिलायें ही इसकी शिकायत करती हे और इलाज के लिए प्रयत्न करती हे। बाक़ी इसे नियति मान कर समझोता कर लेती हे ।
इस के अनेक कारण हो सकते हे
- अत्यधिक थकान
- डिप्रेशन की बीमारी
- अत्यधिक व्यस्त रहने से सेक्स को लगातार उपेक्षित करना
- दोनो की नोकरी की शिफ़्ट अलग होने या अलग शहर में रहने से समय की अथवा एकांत की कमी
- शरीर में अवांछित गंध ( पसीने , रसोई अथवा प्राइवट पार्ट के इन्फ़ेक्शन )
- शारीरिक बीमारी जैसे गुर्दे, लिवर की बीमारी, मधुमेह, उच्चरक्तचाप, जोड़ो का दर्द
- अनेक मानसिक बीमारियाँ तथा उनकी दवाईया
- होरमोनेस का असन्तुलन
- दिमाग़ की रसोली
- जीवनसाथी को सेक्स प्रॉब्लम होना जैसा ऊपर बताया गया हे, कामेच्छा कम होने के अनेक कारण हो सकते हे इसलिए पहले विस्तार से हिस्ट्री लेना आवश्यक हे। उनका पूरा शारीरिक एवम् मानसिक चेकउप किया जाता हे।
- नियमित रूप से शरीर की उचित देख भाल करना
- प्राइवेट पार्ट की सफ़ाई और अवांछित गंध से सावधान रहना
- थोड़ा प्राइवट समय निकालते रहना ताकि शारीरिक एवं मानसिक निकटता बनी रहे
- कोई भी शारीरिक बीमारी का उचित उपचार करना
- ये न सोचे कि सेक्स अपनेआप हो जाएगा। अलग समय निकाल कर इसे पर्याप्त प्राथमिकता दे।
- नियमित व्यायाम करे
- कई बार कई प्रकार की दवा भी देनी पड़ती हे ।
- सेक्स थेरपी , काउन्सलिंग एंड मसॉज़ थेरपी फ़ायदा कर सकती हे।
यदि आप को या किसी जानने वाले को ये समस्या हे तो सम्पर्क करने के लिए क्लिक करे ऑनलाइन कॉन्सल्टेशन के लिए क्लिक करे I
Getting enough calcium and vitamin D can prevent osteoporosis and help us remain active and independent.
Myths about calcium, a mineral found in many foods, and vitamin D, absorbed from food and sunshine, are common. Below, two Cleveland Clinic experts from our Endocrine Calcium Clinic offer the facts:
Myth #1: Only elderly women develop osteoporosis.
Fact: Osteoporosis is most common in women over age 65. However, osteoporosis occurs in men and in younger women too. Women who start menopause early are at risk, for example. So is anyone taking medications such as long-term steroids, certain blood thinners, seizure drugs or medications for acid reflux.
Anyone, male or female, who doesn’t exercise or whose diet is low in calcium or vitamin D is also at risk of osteoporosis. Diseases that interfere with bone health, such as celiac disease and hyperparathyroidism, may also result in osteoporosis.
Bone density evaluation — typically recommended for women starting at age 65 — should begin earlier if you are at risk. “Seeing a physician for this evaluation is critical,” says endocrinologist Leila Khan, MD. A doctor with expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis will make recommendations based on your personal and family health history.
Myth #2: If you’re lactose-intolerant, you can only get calcium from supplements.
Fact: Lactose intolerance, in which the natural sugar in milk products causes belly pain, gas and bloating, is common. But not all dairy products are off-limits for those with the condition. “Yogurt that has live cultures in it has very low levels of lactose,” says internist and metabolic specialist Susan Williams, MD. “Similarly, aged cheeses have little or no lactose.” Nondairy foods that can help supply calcium include dark leafy greens and calcium-fortified foods such as cereal and juice.
Myth #3: You can’t take calcium supplements if you have trouble swallowing pills.
Fact: Chewable supplements are an option. Calcium citrate is better absorbed than calcium carbonate, and calcium citrate supplements come in chewable form. “My personal favorite is calcium gummies — they are very easy to take, provide an easily absorbed form of calcium that does not have to be taken with meals, and taste great,” says Dr. Williams.
Myth #4: It’s not a big deal if you forget to take your calcium supplements.
Fact: Your body needs to maintain a constant level of calcium to keep your bones strong and your muscles functioning. “If you do not get enough calcium in your diet, your body will take some calcium from the bones in order to keep the blood calcium levels normal,” explains Dr. Williams. That is why most of us require calcium supplements if we do not get the recommended 1,200 milligrams or more of calcium per day in our diet.
Myth #5: There’s an ‘ideal’ dose of vitamin D.
Fact: Many adults are deficient in vitamin D, but experts debate the frequency and dose of supplementation. “At this time, it is unclear what the ideal dose of vitamin D should be,” says Dr. Khan. Depending on your level of vitamin D, physicians may recommend high doses (50,000 international units or IU) once a week or once a month to correct deficiencies, or a daily dose of 2,000 to 4,000 IU. Either way, blood tests should prove that the deficiency is corrected, which can take several months. Dr. Khan looks for vitamin D levels of 30 to 40 milligrams per deciliter in her patients. “Higher numbers can be OK, but a low number can be detrimental to bones and potentially cause bone loss,” she says.
Myth #6: Eating dairy and taking calcium are all that’s needed to prevent osteoporosis.
Fact: You need to make healthy lifestyle choices too. That means avoiding excess alcohol, not smoking, keeping your weight in check and exercising regularly. Routine workouts — including walking and other weight-bearing exercises — will help maintain muscle and bone strength. “Keeping your muscles strong will prevent falls — and if we can prevent falls, we can often prevent broken bones,” notes Dr. Williams.
Myth #7: You can’t get too much calcium.
Fact: Too much calcium is not a good thing. If your calcium levels are too high, “stay off the calcium supplements, including Tums®!” says Dr. Khan. “I would be careful how much vitamin D you are taking and would discuss stopping hydrochlorothiazide medication for blood pressure with your physician, since these can result in higher calcium levels.” If you have persistently high calcium levels, don’t ignore them — seek an evaluation from an expert