Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
Is there any other possible cure for herniated disc except operation when the patient has started losing power in one leg while other leg is having radiative pain.
It is a form of neurological problem and is caused by the harm or injury of the vital nervous system. It consists of the brain, the brainstem, as well as the central spinal cord. This class of disease can happen by the stroke, the numerous scleroses, the tumors, epilepsy, the brain or Parkinson's disease. The nature of pain linked with this type of syndrome differs moderately because of the diversity of the potential causes.
It may have an effect on a large part of the body or it may be more limited to the specific areas, like the part of the hands or the feet. Also, the degree of pain is normally related to the reason of the injury This pain is characteristically steady, it may create problems in severe way, as well as it is often created inferior while the touching or any kind of the movement, emotion, as well as the temperature changes, generally the chilly weather. People experience pain sensations; the most important of which is burning.
The features are
- Mixed with the burning
- The pressing
- The slashing
- Throbbing painon an uncovered nerve
Individuals might sense numbness in the areas inhabited by the pain. The blazing, as well as, the loss of touch sensation is normally most harsh on the few parts of the body.
Different kinds of the treatment
The type of the treatment offered may offer a number of the reductions of the pain, other than not the whole relief of the soreness, for those persons exaggerated by this problem. The medicines of this treatments are-
- The tricyclic antidepressants
- Anticonvulsants medicines can be helpful.
- Intravenous medications
- Lignocaine and Ketamine
- Deep brain stimulation
- Definitions of the prognosis
It is not a type of deadly disease, but this kind of the syndrome makes a big part of chronic pain as well as the great suffering amongst the greater part of the persons who are going through this type of troubles.
What kind of research is being done?
A lot of the organizations dynamically follow a line of investigation program seeking the latest type of the treatments for the chronic pain as well as the damage of human nervous system. The main intentions of this form of examination are to enlarge the habits to more ingeniously treat as well as potentially repeal the debilitating conditions like this type of the syndrome. The pain medications frequently offer reduction of the pain, but not total relief from the pain, for those persons who are affected by this.
My whole body pain and I have a problem related my throat. Also I suffer from fever and my neck also pain. please advice
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.