Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita MalikYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 4th days of my period that is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day was 19th January 2017. I take Ipill on 25th January at 1 pm. After that I feel pain in my lower abdomen and I am feeling thin watery discharge from my vagina. I want to know is it something sort of infection or it is a pregnancy.
Hi i'm 26 years old female. Having irregular periods problem from starting only. I don't have any pcod thyroid problem. But still i'm not getting my period. Even now also there is 3 months of gap. If I take any medicine i'm getting it. Is there any permanent solution for this problem?
I am married and trying for baby, I have hypothyroidism since 2004, I had tsh levels 8.8microIU/ml and dosage was 25 mcg, consulted doctor, she has Increased the dosage to 50 mcg and I continued taking this for 2 months and checked my tsh level and it is still remain 8.3microIU/ml. What could be the reason for this reason ,again I need to check with doctor? And this tsh level 8.3mIU/ml is ok for conceiving ,kindly suggest.
I am sexually active for last 5 months now my family planing about my marriage so there is possibility to my husband know about that I am not virgin and, is there any medicine to be a virgin again?
My wife is in second trimester but now also she is suffering with gastritis and vomiting.What is the reason?
When we have sex during MENS any chance of pregnancy. If pregnant is a problem in children. Means my baby born healthy in condition.
I have been using this tablet and The complete name is Cyproterone acetate Ethinylestradiol Estranon is this tab dose not prevent from pregnancy?
While period problem suffering from one sided strongly headache every month. I had completed medical course of three month but once I stop it again facing the same problem, feeling very week, body pain n tiredness. Kindly suggest me best of the medicine on this.
Obesity and a shapeless body are problems that plague many people around the world. Besides leading to an appearance that is less than ideal, it can also lead to severe health problems include heart failure, heart diseases, diabetes and more. While there are many ways to combat being overweight with the help of exercise and a proper diet and even medication, very severe causes of obesity can also be fixed with a surgical process known as Bariatric Surgery. So, here's everything you need to know about it.
- Affecting the Digestive Process: As per the normal digestive process, the food moves into the digestive tract, while its nutrients get collected with the help of a well functioning system that includes digestive juices and enzymes. This food moves through the digestive tract, passing through the oesophagus, before it goes down into the stomach where it meets the strong digestive acids, which break it down, and then it enters the small intestine. While the stomach can hold three pints of food at a time, there is a chance that some of this food may not get properly digested in the small intestine. In this case, the food enters the large intestine. Now, Bariatric Surgery helps in restricting the amount of food that a person can have and hold in the first place.
- The Process: This surgical procedure may be carried out by cutting open the stomach and removing a portion of the same. This procedure can also reroute the small intestine into the gastric pouch or the small stomach pouch. This process can also be done with laparoscopic invasion, where a few small incisions will be used to insert a tiny camera and instruments for the process.
- Ideal Candidates: If your BMI or body mass index is more than 40, then you can opt for this kind of surgery, as mere dieting and exercising will not help you in your weight loss endeavour. This surgery can also help in preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The patient also has to have reached the normal adult height in order to qualify for this surgery.
- Side Effects: After the surgery, the patient may experience a few side effects including leakages and bleeding. An incisional or an internal hernia may also occur after the surgery. Also, for patients who have a poor diet, there may be complications after the surgery due to less intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
Once you undergo the surgery, it is important to commit to a proper diet with less food intake and proper exercise on a lifelong basis.
I m a 35 years old female, I have a 08 years old daughter, we want a 2nd issue but after several attempts since last 02 yrs, it failed, one of the ovary has been removed 05 years ago, I am under medical treatment but nothing positive, so, I left the treatment, the sperm count of my husband is normal.
Im married and is planning for a baby now. For last 3 days I had a mixture of fenugreek, dates butter and milk as I heard it improve weight gain. Now I heard fenugreek will cause harmful effects too. Is consumption of fenugreek a problem? Will it cause any problem? Will it cause any problem for getting pregnant? What will be the probable Side effects?
I have PCOD and hormonal imbalance and I got married last 6 months. Still I didn't get pregnant. Suggest what shld I do?
During periods intercourse is harmful for male? Is it effect the penis? How much it effect the body?
Hello I am an 18 year old girl from India. From last 4 weeks, I started having blood tinged vaginal discharges. The consistency and color of the discharge varied and the traces found were of fresh blood. My doctor asked me to get a sonography done for lower abdomen. I went for a transabdominal ultrasound. No abnormality was detected. Ovaries, uterus and cervix were normal in size and echotexture. Do I need to get a pap smear done?
Hi one of my friend had a sex with his girl friend one month ago ,now she miss her period ,her period date was 15 July but the issue is she tested her pregnancy with preganews and there are negative so now I wanna to know how much time period has miss and it is really necessary to consult with doctor or will have to wait some days more .
My aunt is suffering from fisher from last 3-4 month. Doctor advise for operate. But she want to take a treatment without operation. So please tell me what is the treatment for pisher.
5 things you should know about menstrual cups
Every day, we see a new thing which makes our life easier and comfortable and menstrual cup is one such thing that makes the life of a woman much easier during those difficult days.
1. Safe and cost effective: these are safe to use and there is no harm or side effects attached to it. You don't have to worry of the hygiene of these cups. These cups have the capacity to hold 30-40 ml of fluid. Tampons and pads are use-and-through and that's why it involves higher cost whereas menstrual cups can be used a number of times which makes it cost-effective.
2. Flexible and reusable: it's a flexible cup which is worn inside vegina where all fluid gets collected. It doesn't absorb the fluid like tampons but only collects it. Unlike tampons, menstrual cups are reusable. You can remove it, throw the fluid and then refix it.
3. Breaking of the seal: you must not use it without breaking the seal. It will be very uncomfortable if the seal is not broken. You will hear a pop voice when the seal gets broken. So, just be careful about this.
4. How to remove: while removing it, it must be pushed downwards just like a bowel movement or push at the time of childbirth otherwise you might face a bit of difficulty but when you have a prior knowledge of how to remove it, it will make things easier for you.
5. Time period: unlike tampons and pads, menstrual cups can be used for a longer period. Time period could go up to 12 hours. So, in a way, it saves your time, energy and is very convenient and easily manageable too.
I want to ask that my menstrual cycle is not normal from past three months. My last cycle was started on 23feb n ends on 11 march. N after dat again menstrual cycle starts on 27march. Is it hormonal imbalance or anything else. I am concerned.
How to keep the kidneys healthy?
1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes.
2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day.
3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato)
4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day).
5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake.
How to keep your urine healthy?
1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day.
Make sure that your urine is not yellowish.
2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange.
3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine.
4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much.
Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable.
5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them.
6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required.
With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. Your endourologist will help you customize your dietary pattern and medications to dissolve and prevent further stones.
Healthy life, healthy kidneys, no more stones!