Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Lamba
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita LambaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 weeks pregnant. Our doctor prescribed duphaston 10mg tablet in once a days is it any harm with my baby and me.
I've been having sex with my boyfriend for the past month but we are very safe and always had sex with a condom. And also he never ejaculated inside me even with a condom on. I am 3 days late on my periods. What are my chances of being pregnant?
Hi, Me loette contraceptive pills le rahi hu pr mje usko lene se vomit type lagta h or weekness b lagti h. Please suggest me.
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
How is this procedure conducted?
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have issue of irregular periods since long time. My usual cycle is 35-38 days. This month I am late for my period for almost a month now. My last period was 4th August. I took pregnancy test and they are negative. I am not sure what is cause of this delay period. I do not have any symptoms of period pains yet.
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though, the constant change in lifestyle has altered the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential.
Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern. While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce fatigue that sleeplessness brings in.
The following is a list of foods along with their most significant benefits:
- Cherries: Cherries contain Melatonin which controls our biological clock and is often used to combat jetlag. Melatonin improves duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas: Bananas are loaded with Potassium and Magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning and are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes: Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and provide a good night's sleep.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation and are an excellent choice of snack for lack of sleep. Blueberries balance the level of blood sugar and stabilize the hormone of satiety, Leptin, thus, inducing better sleep.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk induces sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that Tryptophan and Serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products such as cheese can improve your sleep.
- Fish: Salmon, Sardines, and Tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. All these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
- Nuts: Be it walnuts, pecans or cashews, all nuts have a soothing effect. They are a rich source of Tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. They release Melatonin and Serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
- Herbal tea: For instance, Chamomile tea and Valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered as a god sleep inducing agent.
When you are feeling an arousal, it is an experience for your whole body and is not just limited to the vagina, which gets stimulated and blood flow is improved. A charged-up sex can even get your follicles stimulated and it is no surprise that the breasts are also going to be affected with sexual arousal and the act of intercourse.
Most women enjoy the stimulation of the breasts as they form an important erogenous zone of the female anatomy. But, enjoyment depends upon the way in which they are stimulated. Also there are times when the breasts are tender and an attempt to stimulate them causes pain. This usually occurs premenstrually, during pregnancy and in women using oral contraceptive pills, when the breasts are engorged due to hormonal influence.
Hence, it is best to ask the partner whether “to do or not to do”. Though most people are aware that the nipples get hardened during sexual arousal, it is not really the end of the game. With the rush of blood all over your body, most of which is directed towards your vagina, your boobs are bound to get adequate attention.
So, here are a few things that happen to your breasts when you feel sexual arousal.
- Breasts become more sensitive: Once sexual arousal starts to kick in, your breasts would become more tender and sensitive to touch. It is not just the nipples, but the areola and the breast as a whole are bound to experience goose-bumps.
- Breasts become much bigger: From the time you feel a sexual arousal till the time when you finish the intercourse, the body goes through four different phases namely excitement, plateau, orgasm and resolution. During the plateau phase, the body expands and swells, expecting an orgasm. While the vagina expands to about 2/3rd of its usual size, the boobs may also get bigger by 20 to 25 percent of their usual size.
- Areola swells: It is not just the boobs that increase in size, but the areola also experiences some swelling. This is due to your breasts becoming engorged with a rich flow of blood. In some instances, the areola may swell so much that it may appear that the nipples are no longer erect. As long as you are sexually aroused, your nipples are going to be that way.
- Breasts tell the brain to release oxytocin: When your breasts are fondled, either by hand or mouth, the stimulation of the nipples sends a signal to the brain, asking it to release oxytocin. Oxytocin, also called love hormone, allows people to feel pleasured and it is the primary component that creates an emotional bond during intercourse.
- Breasts change in color: The combination of the rushing of estrogen all over the body as well as the stimulation of blood vessels, can cause a pink rash on the breasts, which may spread to your upper stomach and neck and a slight enlargement of breasts is going to be there.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!