Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Khare
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita KhareYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex on the 15th day of my cycle. I took IPill within 24 hrs. But no withdrawal bleeding occurred after 7 days. Last night I read on google that I pill does not prevent implantation if fertilization has been done. Is there any chance of getting pregnant? Please help.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a typical female endocrine issue and is one of the main reasons behind infertility. Regardless of the possibility that you have PCOS, you can get pregnant naturally after receiving proper treatment.
Females who have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome have a tendency to become obese and they stop ovulating (anovulation) as well. This can result in irregular or zero menstrual cycles. To determine the illness, a pelvic ultrasound is done that uncovers ovaries containing numerous small cysts.
No need to worry! Even if you're suffering from PCOS, a lot of things can be done to raise the possibility of conceiving naturally. Here are a few tips that can help you to pregnant easily.
Tip #1 - Get In Shape! Lose Excess Weight
If you're obese, then losing some weight should be first and foremost step. One research demonstrated that losing as meagre as 5% of your body weight can enhance your odds of conceiving without any need of medical supervision.
Tip #2 - Eat Cinnamon Regularly
Cinnamon spice has the power to enhance your insulin resistance. A recent study demonstrated that females with PCOS who ate a 1 gram of cinnamon a day fundamentally enhanced their insulin resistance power within two months. Different researches have demonstrated that regular utilization of cinnamon assisted in slow digestion, which would direct the increase of glucose levels after eating.
Tip #3 - Eat Some Millet
Many people have simply no idea what millet is. It is a whole grain that is wheat and gluten free and found in a store or marketplace near your home. It has often been termed as the 'fertility wonder grain'. Since it enables to adjust glucose and insulin levels, it can assist to keep your hormones in balance. However, you need to be extra careful before consuming it, since millet is known to contain a compound that meddles with the production of thyroid hormones. Therefore, if you've a thyroid condition, then you'll need to exchange millet with different other grains.
Tip #4 - Stay Away From Too Much Carbohydrate
Avoid carbohydrates such as white bread and other processed food items made of white flour and sugar since they trigger an insulin reaction. Rather, include complex carbohydrates, for example, whole grain items, beans or green vegetables in your diet. Consult renowned gynecologists and get a proper food chart of food items that you've to eat to stay healthy.
Tip #5 - Exercise Regularly
Increase your physical activity to at least 4 to 6 hours every week spread over various days. Studies have demonstrated that this level of activity alongside sensible eating can enhance the quality of hormone in females with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. This is credited to a reduction in the amount of fat around the stomach, which may enhance insulin sensitivity and thus re-establish natural menstrual cycle.
I am trying for pregnancy. Undergone treatment and take a medication for 5 days (fertomid 50 mg) from 3rd day of cycle. Now I am completed follicular monitoring on my 9th and 12th day of my cycle but it shows endometrium thickness 4 mm and advice to repeat it on 17th day of cycle. Is there any abnormality in my results.
Dr, My wife suffering to much pain and vomiting during periods. But we never sex. please tell me suggestion.
Fibroid is the most common tumor of uterus which is not cancerous in 99% of cases. Fibroid is so common that almost 40-50 percent of females at the age of 40years are found to have fibroid inside. Most of these women are not having any symptoms. But as the size of fibroid increases with time, many of these women, start having symptoms. Now a days we are seeing more of fibroids even in young girls of 16-17 years of age.
Most common symptoms due to fibroids are-
Heavy bleeding during menses, prolonged menses, irregular spotting, inability to conceive (pregnancy), recurrent abortions, frequent urination, constipation, heaviness in lower abdomen, a palpable big hard mass in lower abdomen which is confused with obesity at times. There is risk of conversion to cancer in less than 1 percent cases.
Treatment- long back fibroid was removed by open surgery where a long incision/cut is given on abdomen to remove the fibroid. It is more like a caesarian section which is more painful for the patient, associated with more blood loss, slow recovery of patient, and more dependency on others/relatives after surgery.
Now a days surgical technique and instruments have improved so much that same surgery is being done by laparoscopy (Key-Hole) where very small incision of 10mm is given and complete surgery is performed using camera and better machines. This gives benefit of almost negligible pain after surgery, minimal blood loss, faster recovery and resumption of work, no dependency on relatives after surgery, and no visible surgery mark on abdomen.
Because of its excellent cosmetic effect and no visible scar on abdomen, laparoscopy has proved to be a boon for unmarried girls.
Different treatment options for fibroids-
- Medical- medicine can be tried to decrease the size of fibroid but it is a temporary method. Fibroid recurs after medicine is stopped. Medicine is given to the patient who are waiting for the surgery in view of some personal problem or very low hemoglobin level.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy- Removal of fibroid is called myomectomy. Patient who want to retain their uterus for future childbearing or who are young, fibroid removal is the surgery of choice. Uterus stays safe after surgery. We have removed 2.5kg fibroid from uterus by laparoscopy, which is equal to the size of 7month pregnant uterus.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy- for patients who do not want to retain their uterus or who are beyond 40yrs of age with complete family, laparoscopic removal of uterus with fibroid is done so that patient gets complete cure with no recurrence. We have done laparoscopic removal of 2kg uterus with fibroid which was equal to 6 months pregnancy.
- How to decrease recurrence of fibroid in future- laparoscopic ligation of uterine artery is a technique where blood vessels feeding to fibroids, are blocked. This helps in decreasing recurrence of fibroid to more than 80 percent cases. Uterus keeps on getting its normal blood supply from other vessels and future childbearing is not compromised so she can plan for pregnancy.
Myth about fibroid surgery-
Myth 1- It should be removed by open surgery.
Fact- Advanced surgical technique has made it possible to remove fibroid by laparoscopy. Fibroid is loaded in a bag and then removed from abdomen so that complete removal is ensured.
Myth 2- big size fibroid can not be operated by laparoscopy
Fact- Any size of fibroid can be removed by laparoscopy by expert gynecologist laparoscopic surgeon
Myth 3- laparoscopic surgery is more expensive
Fact- Recovery of woman is much faster after laparoscopic surgery so loss of work is minimal, that leads to overall cheaper price for surgery.
Myth 4- every gynecologist or surgeon removes the fibroids/uterus by laparoscopy
Fact- This surgery needs a proper training so that best results can be given to the patients. So, a gynecologist who is trained in laparoscopic surgery for fibroid is the best choice.
Myth 5- there is higher chances of uterus removal when only fibroid removal surgery is planned
Fact- There is remote possibility for that kind of risk. In fact we have not removed any of the uterus till date for the patient who is planned for fibroid removal surgery. Only fibroid is removed completely.
Actually, my question is my girlfriend and I made out a week or 10 days before. We didn't had sex but for a minute she was on top and my penis was inside her vagina. I didn't cum. And I also didn't make my penis go in and out of her vagina. So is there any chances of her getting pregnant keeping in mind that we didn't had sex and just my penis was in her vagina for 1 minute or so and I didn't cum for sure? Please help me.
Detoxification refers to the removal and the elimination of the toxic substances from the body. Various methods are used to achieve that and drinking plenty of water is primary among them.
However that is not the only way. Other ways include:
- Abstain from drinking alcohol and coffee: The disadvantages of alcohol and coffee are aplenty and one among them is their tendency to accumulate toxins in your body. Removing them from your diet goes a long way in removing toxins.
- Lessen the use of shampoos and other health care products: The shampoos and the deodorants, which are available in the market despite their attractive packaging and numerous tall claims, are replete with chemicals. The excessive use of these products has a detrimental effect as they build up toxins in the body. You must therefore either drastically lessen their use or use alternative products to avert from the fatal eventuality.
- Take less stress: When you are under overt stress, your mind as well as your body shows clear signs of that. In instances of overt stress, the body releases the stress hormone that may provide a temporary boost of energy, but manifolds the accumulation of toxin in the body.
- Include fruits in your diet: The advantages of fruits do not require an introduction. They are well known and unanimously acknowledged. The reason why doctors vehemently insist on including at least one fruit in the diet is due to its ability to cleanse the body from the daily assemblage of toxins in the body.
- Eat vegetables which contain fiber: Vegetables like beets, cabbages and radishes, those which are rich fiber serve as excellent detoxifying foods.
- Drink green tea: Drinking green tea is a habit that has recently developed but in little time has gained immense popularity. This habit is credited not only with weight loss but also has tremendous ability to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Indulge in exercise or yoga: Another way to ensure that your body is bereft of the harmful chemicals is by indulging in various exercises or yoga. Both the practices significantly improve the physical health and at the same time detoxify the body.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.