Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunitaYour feedback matters!
I am in 25 weeks of pregnancy and undergone open gall bladder stone surgery in Feb this year. Can I go for normal delivery or have to go for cesarean?
I am working woman. I have a 3-month old son. I will be starting work in a week. Until now, I am exclusively breastfeeding my child but will need to introduce formula feed when I start going to work. Please suggest the best formula for my baby.
Hi. During my periods I only bleed for 2 days its been from 9 months after my marriage. Before I use to have 3-4 days but now it is 2 days. Flow is not good as well as I only ise 3 sanitary napkin nd thats all. Kindly help.
My wife was pregnant of 1 months but she has done abortion but now she is suffering from bleeding please advice him.
The field of Ayurveda treats a variety of ailments by diagnosing conditions that are not otherwise recognised by modern day medicinal systems. One of these conditions or concepts is Ama or mild toxin. Improper digestions, stress, pollution, a bad diet can all cause toxins to build in our body. This is why periodic internal cleansing is very much advised in Ayurveda. Anything which is not completely processed is known as Ama.
Now let's look at ways on how you can prevent the build-up of Ama in your body:
- Overeating and Indigestion: One of the best ways to avoid Ama build up is to keep oneself from overeating. Also, as per Ayurveda, one must not sit down for a meal before the previous meal is digested. Also, emotional eating leads to overeating and all kinds of unhealthy food including excessive sweets, fried and fatty food. Also, one must eat meals at the same time every day and avoid skipping meals in order to ensure that an irregular digestive system does not end up producing Ama in the body.
- Diet: One needs to ensure that the dietary intake is made up of healthy foods. In order to avoid Ama build up, you will also need to eliminate food that is difficult to digest including aerated drinks, food and drinks that are taken at extremely cold temperatures including ice cold water and ice cream. This usually puts out the digestive fires which keep the digestion going.
- Meditation: Practicing transcendental meditation is a good way of keeping Ama at bay. Transcendental meditation is a state of being in one's deepest sense of awareness. It is a simple meditative technique that helps you remain well balanced with just 20 minutes of practice every day. This method is known to prevent ailments in the body through its function of awareness.
- Exercise and Sleep: Some amount of exercise is required by every human body. This also helps in preventing Ama. Exercise keeps the metabolism and digestive system in peak and active form. Indulging in light to moderate exercise ensures that you sweat and flush out the unnecessary toxins of the body, even as you work up an appetite for food which ensures healthy eating. Sleep is equally important in reducing Ama as well.
Sleep, exercise, proper eating habits and a patch of meditation every day are some of the various ways that can aid the blocking and reduction of Ama.
Related Tip: Treating Sinusitis with Ayurveda ?
Consumption of sprouts is an excellent way to keep your protein intake high. The boiavaliability of protein is more in sprouts as compared to the normal pulses v consume.
- boosts immunity.
- aids weight loss as low in calorie.
- builds muscle mass in ppl with a lean body.
- excellent source of b complex vitamins.
I am 30 weeks pregnant O-ve blood group having hemoglobin 10.2 .Weight 72 kg height 160 cm. Please suggest me how to improve hemoglobin by taking suitable diet.
Hi, I had sex in jan 2016. Then february, march, april regular periods. I also take krimson 35. But after april month I did not take krimson 35. May 2016 again my periods irregular. Again may 13, 2016 I start krimson 35. Remember had sex jan 2016. Any chance of getting pregnant?
I am 22 years old unmarried, m not getting my periods on time, earlier it was on time now it takes delay of 1or 2 weeks, I also hv gained my weight, sometimes I feels the problem of mood swings also during periods my BP also gets high. Doc has prescribed me to take mychiro tablets for 10 days. Suggest me with some solutions. Someone has told me not to hv this tablet. Please help.
I had sex with my girlfriend few months ago but now my girlfriend is telling that she is loosing her periods I had just done oral sex and just rubbed my penis over her vagina does any chances of getting pregnant she is still virgin.
Hi I want to know about her period too her age is 44 she has a lot of bleeding and pain while in periods and she have regular periods so why does she has so much pain and bleeding.
Meri friend ke dono breast se white water aata hai. Wo unmarried hai. Periods time pe bahut jayada aata hai. please help .koi solution do.
Did pregnancy test and result is negative. She is not pregnant. But last periods on 28 june. Now 28 july? Didn't get the period. Why.
Hello doctor. The question is about my wife. She have very long irregular periods since age of 9. And now it has become a big problem. She have a irregularity of evry second month. Moreover whenever the periods are about to come. A very severe pain starts and it continues till the periods end. The flow of periods is also very high. I think she have a problem in her pregnancy due to it coz we have tried but she do not get pregnant. Please help us out. Thank you
When it comes to giving birth, vaginal delivery is considered to be the most natural process. However, several women nowadays opt for C-section or Cesarean section to avoid the labour pain that accompanies natural birth. If you are pregnant and weighing the pros and cons of natural and C-section delivery, here are a few things to consider.
The Pros of this method of delivery are as follows:
- From the psychological perspective, women who undertake a vaginal delivery have a positive birth giving experience. Women undergoing this method think they should be present in the process.
- The recovery time for women opting for vaginal delivery is shorter. The mother and the baby can make skin contact right after the delivery, which enhances the bonding process.
- Babies who are born through vaginal delivery develop much fewer medical complications. There are fewer respiratory problems, allergies and the baby can start breastfeeding soon.
The Cons of vaginal delivery are as follows:
- Vaginal delivery is a stressful process for the women undergoing it and the time required cannot be predicted. Some deliveries take less time, while others may take hours.
- Usually, there are no cons for the babies who are born via vaginal delivery. In very rare cases, brain injury can be experienced.
The pros of this type of delivery method are as follows:
- Many women choose Caesarean sections to avoid long labor hours. Planned C-section surgeries enable the mother to plan the birth. Better control is acquired over the delivery, which can be predicted properly.
- In case your baby is large, or if you are carrying twins, C-section is the best delivery option.
- If the mother has diseases such as HIV or the mother's blood has a high viral load, C-section surgeries should be opted as the risk of the infection being passed on to the baby is decreased.
The cons of Cesarean section surgery are as follows:
- C-section is a major surgery and a long time is required for recovery. There may be risks of infection, but they can be prevented by caring for the surgical wound properly. C-section delays the breastfeeding process and the mother cannot have immediate contact with her baby, which can affect the bonding.
- Some babies, delivered through C-section may have respiratory problems. C-sections may also cause complications, such as problems with anaesthesia.
While both processes have their pros and cons, it is best to discuss with doctor to understand which process will suit you more. Depending on your pregnancy and whether there are any complications involved, your doctor will suggest the best way possible.