Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Fotedar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita FotedarYour feedback matters!
actually we have sex before two week. Bt we both not want a child at this time. And she take garbnirodhi pill after sex. We are not about that she is pregnant at this time or not. Bt we curious about this matter. Is there any chance of pregnancy after taking pill .if she pregnant what kind of instruction we follow.
I am 24 years old now. I have a problem of irregular periods and also sometimes no periods at all from 3 years. A lot of hair fall, and dark skin around the neck and face. My height is 5.3" and weight is 62. I do exercise regularly and take healthy diet. How to overcome my problem.
Everyone is aware of the fact that lack of sleep can lead to low levels of energy and fatigue. For people who have been suffering from a sleep deprivation, the cycle is never ending and they are forever in a state of low energy and do not perform their best. Added with all this sleep deprivation also leads the insomnia sufferers to perform well in bet. Thus poor sleep quality affects the sex life.
Often the effect of lack of sleep will have on a person's sex life is with the overall poor attitude that usually falls and the person remains exhausted all the time. People suffering from long standing fatigue are often irritable and quarrelsome and these personality traits just don't set the mood for a romantic evening. Women also suffer from low sex drive if exhausted, though for them it is more about being emotional. According to a study, by National Sleep Foundation, in 2010, around one in every four Americans have agreed that they are too tired to indulge in sexual activities with their partner. With added distractions from technology, like smartphones and e-readers, social media and e-mails just tend to keep people up for longer and later hours.
In men this is a little more scientific. This has been backed by research that there is a close relation in the quality of the sleep and the levels of testosterone in a man. This seems to be a circular pattern. While studies show a link that the hormone levels fall, there are studies that also show that a man with low levels of testosterone often wakes up more at night and has lower sleep efficiency. So the both are intertwined very closely and hard to say which comes first; but the obvious result is lowered male libido.
Apart from this if you or your snore, it might also lead to insomnia, as snoring becomes noisy for your partner. This can lead your partner to be lethargic and exhausted as their sleep is not adequate. Since sexual activities involve physical exertion, feeling exhausted and irritable after a sleepless, noisy night can easily make sex the last thing on mind.
One can try the following to improve the quality of sleep:
- Maintain healthy weight ranges as excess weight can lead to sleep apnea in both men and women
- Abstain or reduce smoking as it just leads to obstructive sleep apnea
- Exercise regularly as it helps to check the weight and when combined with Continuous positive airway pressure therapy then it improves sleep apnea
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea then must use Continuous positive airway pressure therapy every night.
Please suggest safe abortion pills Still am feeding to my 9 months baby so I don't want right now now 42 days.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or Disease (PCOS) is a very common condition, wherein there are multiple cysts in the ovaries. As a result, there are many changes which the body undergoes and it is not limited to the gynecologic system. A woman with PCOS may also find it difficult to conceive, and so, once she is pregnant, precautions are essential to ensure there are no complications.
Pcos predisposes women to diabetes, hypertension, obesity, cardiovascular complications, lipid metabolism disorders, uterine cancer in long run. Some of them are listed below:
- Preeclampsia: When the blood pressure readings are high during pregnancy, it is known as preeclampsia. It brings with it a whole lot of complications including the need to cesarean section (c-section), premature birth, etc. So, it is best avoided, and diet can help to some extent.
- Diabetes: Gestational diabetes which manifests as higher sugar levels only during the pregnancy is very common in women with PCOS. The increased hormone levels in PCOS increase insulin resistance, thereby increasing sugar levels. This needs to be managed through a combination of diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Preterm labor: Women with PCOS are at a slightly higher risk of premature labor.
- Weight-related issues: PCOS leads to weight gain, and this could be a problem during pregnancy. It is essential to discuss with the doctor as to what would be a good weight range and stay within that range throughout pregnancy. Weight gain brings with it a host of complications and so best avoided.
With PCOS, during pregnancy, strict cautious diet planning can help in avoiding complications and allow for an easier pregnancy. Though they may not solve every problem associated with PCOS, dietary modifications can have a significant effect on the overall health and well-being. Listed below are some easy-to-make changes:
- Increase consumption of fibres like greens, nuts, pumpkin, berries, whole grains, almonds, etc. are included. This ensures that digestion is a prolonged and gradual spike in blood sugar levels.
- Increase protein-rich foods like soya, tofu, eggs, and chicken, which help in avoiding binging. They are light on the stomach and help in weight management.
- Foods which are generally anti-inflammatory including tomatoes, olive oil, spinach, fresh fruits, and omega-3 fatty acids help in controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Supplements to include omega-3 fatty acids, prenatal vitamins, vitamin D, and calcium if required ensure that the baby gets the required nutrients for optimal growth.
What to avoid:
Anything that can spike up calories and is of low nutritional value should be avoided.
- Avoid whites – pasta, rice, and bread
- Baked and processed foods
- Candies, chocolates, snacks
- Salty and spicy fried snacks
- Aerated drinks and soda
PCOS in pregnancy presents a combination risk, and dietary changes and weight management are essential for a safe pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.