Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita BasistYour feedback matters!
My friend is planning for a baby. She is a regular smoker but now she is trying to quit. Suggest what she should do now?
My friend has been diagnosed with ovarian torsion in left ovary .What is the treatment for it? She has been advised by some doc to remove her left ovary. Please help.
I had done sex with my GF last month she got pregnant I had given her pills after she got menstruation on 10 august and this month still now 14 she not hd her date so is there any serious.
I had an sex with my Bf on my 8th day of my periods. I had post pone 72within 4 hours. I was bleeding after seven days for abt 3 days. Then I again I had sex with my Bf after 8 days and had 'ipill daily tablet. Will I get pregnant? Please reply asap m worried.
Conceiving miracles spreading hope we believe in out of the box thinking. We’ll help you to work out an individual fertility programme that’s right for you. To know us better meet and share experience of some of our patients who come from all walks of life. We believe that a informed and educated patient can actively participate in his or her own treatment, facilitating understandings of health statuses, diagnosis and treatment options, empowering patients to make decisions related to their care which ultimately increases success rate. Indira ivf centre at delhi, gurgaon noida are clinics only for fertility surrogacy with state of the art ivf lab assuring highest success rate.
I had my abortion on 1st June 2015 and then I got my periods on 18th July. Now it's 23rd august I am not getting my periods. And I am not pregnant. What will be the reason then?
I had an unprotected sex on 3.7.16. My period date was due on 14.7.16. On 13.7.16 I had a spotting on 13.7.16 followed by bleeding on 14.7.16 with light pain in lower abdomen. which is not similar to period pain. Am I pregnant?
Tuberculosis happened to be a life threatening disease till some years ago. Now, it is curable with medication, however there is very little awareness about the same. It is crucial that awareness is spread to put a stop to this disease. TB spreads through infection, so a simple sneeze or a cough can also be hazardous. Here is how you can stop the spreading:
1. Curb the Spread - If someone already has tuberculosis, they need to cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing. This is actually a habit everyone should follow, as there are many people in whom the tuberculosis virus exists but is dormant.
2. Don’t let it activate - If you have latent tuberculosis, where you have none of the symptoms yet have been identified, you need to take the medication prescribed so that it doesn’t become active.
3. Complete the course - TB is curable but only when medications are taken regularly, strictly, and as prescribed.
4. Avoid exposure to the infected people - People who have been exposed to TB patients should get themselves tested. Remember it spreads through infection; patients need not be kept in isolation if taking proper care and medication.
5. Boost your immunity - Ensure that your own immunity is strong. People with low immunity are at extreme risk of contracting tuberculosis. Take special care if you are a caretaker of someone being treated for tuberculosis, if you do drug and/or alcohol abuse, if you live in crowded spaces like shelters, etc.
6. Improve your lifestyle - Lead a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, exercising often, reducing alcohol consumption, sleeping well and maintaining good hygiene.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I want to know about medical abortion. Does it requires doctor's assistance or can be conducted at home. Is it very painful? What precautions needed?
Hi, my name is Archana. I am married. My periods are 3 days late. Am i pregnant? Please reply me back.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.