Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita BasistYour feedback matters!
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
The biggest threats to women's health are often preventable. Here's what you need to know to live a longer, healthier life.
Many of the leading threats to women's health can be prevented ? if you know how. The top causes of death among adult women in the U.S. Include heart disease, stroke, cancer and chronic lower respiratory disease, according to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Take the first step to protect yourself by talking with your doctor about your risk factors for these conditions. Then get serious about reducing your risk.
Manage chronic conditions and get recommended screenings
If you have health problems, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes, that increase your risk of heart disease and stroke, follow your doctor's treatment recommendations. Also be sure to consult your doctor about when you should have mammograms and other cancer screenings.
Adopt a healthier lifestyle
While you can't eliminate risk factors such as family history, you can control many other risk factors for heart disease, stroke and cancer. For example:
Don't smoke. If you smoke or use other tobacco products, ask your doctor to help you quit. It's also important to avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
Eat a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, whole grains, high-fiber foods and lean sources of protein, such as fish. Limit foods high in saturated fat, added sugar and sodium.
Maintain a healthy weight. Losing excess pounds ? and keeping them off ? can lower your risk of heart disease as well as various types of cancer.
Get moving. Include physical activity in your daily routine. You know exercise can help you control your weight and lower your risk of heart disease and stroke. But did you know that it may also lower your risk of certain types of cancer? Choose activities you enjoy, from brisk walking to ballroom dancing.
Limit alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so only in moderation. For women that means no more than one drink a day. The risk of various types of cancer ? including breast and liver ? appears to increase with the amount of alcohol you drink and the length of time you've been drinking regularly.
Manage stress. If you feel constantly on edge or under assault, your lifestyle habits may suffer ? and so might your immune system. Take steps to reduce stress ? or learn to deal with stress in healthy ways.
Prevent chronic lower respiratory diseases
Many women don't realize that they're at risk of illness and even death from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ? which includes bronchitis and emphysema. Don't be caught off guard. To protect your respiratory health:
Don't smoke. If you smoke, ask your doctor to help you quit. Also avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
Steer clear of pollutants. Minimize exposure to chemicals and outdoor air pollution.
Prevent respiratory infections. Wash your hands often and get a yearly flu vaccine. Ask your doctor whether you need a pneumonia vaccine as well.
The bottom line
It's important to understand the common health risks that women face, but don't feel intimidated. Instead, do whatever you can to lead a healthy lifestyle ? including eating a healthy diet, staying physically active, quitting smoking and getting regular checkups. Simple preventive measures can go a long way toward reducing your health risks.
Dear doctor, I've been married for 1 year and 9 months and I've been facing a condition of spotting after a week of completion of my menstrual cycle. I consulted a gynac and was prescribed Yasmin contraceptive pills for 3 months. However, the problem continued after completion of the 3 months and I was advised to extend for another 3 months. However, this problem continues. The sonography reports have been normal since then. I would request your guidance in curing this problem. You would understand the stress and hormone imbalance in my body.
Sir maine sex karne k bad unwanted 72 li. Uske one week bad muje light bleeding hui. pregnancy test b negative h. 16 march ko date thi. To ab tk period nhi aae .to pregnancy h ya nhi.
Is it safe to eat grapes during pregnancy. I'm in my 1st trimester. What are the fruits should be avoided during pregnancy.
A huge haul of Hans and Pan Parag was seized from godowns in Kokkalai. This is a commendable jod done by our police.These substances are sold to small children at school gate by unscrupulous traders who have petty inhuman gain only in their mind. It is very risky as the children will grow up as hard drug addicts and criminals, and antisocials.
I have written so many letters to police authorities years back regarding the dangers of Pan Masala. Feels very happy now, as they have started acting positively about this grave social public health problem.
Hi, my name is Ruchika Verma, aged 37 years and suffering from severe depression with hallucinations since past 2 yrs. Though now I am normal and fine. Actually my periods has stopped and it's almost 12 months now that my periods have stopped. My psychiatrist says that it's because of medicine Sizodon forte and there is no need to worry. I just want to ask that is it normal or do I have to visit any gynaecologist. My doctor says that when you will stop Sizodon forte, your periods will start and you will be normal and fine. Kindly answer my query as I am worried about it. Regards Ruchika.
We all know that pregnancy woman does not get periods during pregnancy? But some woman have all nine periods during their pregnancy, why?whats the reason of having al 9 periods in pregnancy? Its common or rare?
Hello Dr, I'm 9 weeks pregnant, I feel extremely tired these days, I feel sick, finds difficulty in doing my regular tasks. I feel nausea but don't vomit that often and smelling sense has increased. What's the reason behind this sickness.
My period is regular with 2 days hike, means 22days cycle. Pain is too much and flow extends upto 4th day also. I have also taken pregnancy test but it was negative.
I am a 19 years old male and I have eaten my own sperm today. I want to ask is it is harmful and dangerous for my health to eat my own sperm?
I have healthy eating habits. Still I suffer from alott abdomen pain in my periods for first 2 days. And also loose my weight n become week.
गर्भावस्था में किसी भी महिला के लिए पौष्टिक आहार अधिक महत्वपूर्ण हो जाता है। यह न केवल मां के लिए बल्कि होने वाले बच्चे के स्वास्थ्य के लिए भी अत्यंत आवश्याक होता है। इसलिए गर्भवती महिला की आहार योजना में पौष्टिक पदार्थों का सही मेल होना बेहद जरूरी है। साथ ही, आपको अपने खाने का लिए अतिरिक्त ध्यान रखना होता है। लेकिन, जानकारों की नजर में आयुर्वेद किसी भी गर्भवती महिला के लिए बेहद उपयोगी आहार योजना हो सकती है। गर्भावस्था में खाने-पीने के मामले में आयुर्वेद विश्वसनीय उपाय है। आयुर्वेद गर्भवती महिलाओं के लिए एक आदर्श प्रोटोकॉल है।
आयुर्वेद आहार को 3 श्रेणियों सात्विक, राजसिक, और तामसिक में बांटा जाता है। सात्विक आहार ताजा और पौष्टिक होता है, राजसिक आहार ऊर्जावान, और तामसिक आहार कुछ हद तक भारी और सुस्त होता है। इन सब में से सात्विक भोजन गर्भावस्था के दौरान सबसे अच्छा आयुर्वेदिक आहार माना जाता है।
आइए जानें, गर्भावस्था में आयुर्वेदिक आहार मेन्यू के बारे में-
• आयुर्वेद के अनुसार, गर्भधारण से पहले कम से कम 3 महीने तक सात्विक आहार करना चाहिए। इस आहार को ताजा फल आड़ू, आम और नारियल के रूप में मिलाकर करना चाहिए।
• गर्भावस्था के दौरान आयुर्वेद आहार में बासमती चावल को बेहतर विकल्प के तौर पर देखा जाता है। मीठे आलू, अंकुरित अनाज और स्क्वैश सब्जियां उनके उच्च पोषण के महत्व की वजह से सूची से बाहर नहीं रह सकते।
• मां बनने जा रही महिला तरल या घी के साथ या दूध के साथ मिश्रित चावल खा सकती है। मछली एक गर्भवती महिला के लिए स्वस्थ आहार है। लेकिन लाल मांस खाने से बचना चाहिए। इसे भी पढ़े- (गर्भावस्था में न लेने योग्य आहार)
• हर सुबह एक गिलास फलों का ताजा रस पीना चाहिए।
• दलिया और अनाज खाएं।
• गर्भावस्था के दौरान आयुर्वेदिक आहार में विटामिन सी भी आता है। जो माँ और बच्चे दोनों के लिए बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। गाजर, टमाटर में प्रचुर मात्रा में विटामिन सी होता है। इसलिए दोपहर के भोजन में इसे शामिल करें।
• भ्रूण के विकास के बारे में बात करे, तो गर्भावस्था के पहले तीन महीने अत्यधिक महत्वपूर्ण हैं। भ्रूण के विकास के लिए दूध और पानी, नारियल पानी और फलों के रस जरूर पिएं।
• 7 महीने के दौरान नमक और वसा की मात्रा को कम करना आवश्यक है।
• आयुर्वेद आहार में गेहूं, राई, जई, अंकुरित, सेम, मसूर, रोटी, सोया सेम, और सूखे मटर आते है। इन खाद्य पदार्थों में प्रोटीन का खजाना होता है, और गर्भावस्था के लिए एकदम सही आयुर्वेदिक आहार है। आलू, पालक, बादाम, अंजीर, अंगूर और सूखे मेवे भी एक भ्रूण के लिए अच्छे आहार है।
गर्भावस्था आहार का सही चयन वास्तव में बच्चे के मानसिक और शारीरिक स्वास्थ्य का फैसला करता हैं। इस समय के दौरान स्वास्थ्य के प्रति जागरूक होना बहुत जरूरी है। और इस दौरान आप आयुर्वेदिक गर्भावस्था आहार पर पूरा विश्वास कर सकती हैं
Doctor I want to get pregnant, I am trying since last 1 year and 4 months, but due to pcos I am not able to get pregnant. Please advice.
Hi am 26 years old married, and we are planning for baby, last 5th feb, but now I am having pain in pain like gastric in lower tummy, since last week, even I want to know wdr I am pregnant, please suggest.
I want to do anal sex with my wife. What precautions should I take while doing anal sex with her? And how to do for long time without paining her? Please help me its my dream to do anal sex with my wife plzzz help me doctor.
I am a 31 years old married woman. Now a days I feel less urge to have sex with my husband. Can you please name me a sex pill for women that can arouse me immediately.
One of the common complaints associated with sexual intercourse, is vaginal bleeding. This bleeding can occur during the course of intimacy or after it. Post intercourse bleeding is also termed as post-coitus bleeding. This is known as post costal bleeding. Doctor should be consulted immediately as it may be a sign of hidden cervical cancer.
Reasons behind vaginal bleeding
1. In most cases, the bleeding is risk free. It could be due to extreme friction, causing damage to superficial blood vessels in the cervix. It is important to use adequate lubrication; otherwise the consequences could be annoyingly painful.
2. If your period dates are nearby, the source of the blood could be from your uterus.
3. Benign growths, cysts, polyps on the cervix can cause bleeding. They are small fragile growths that rupture easily.
4. There can also be bleeding due to inflammations that occur as a reaction to a condom or a diaphragm.
When can vaginal bleeding be difficult?
- Vaginal bleeding after sex can often be a warning sign of ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when implantation of an embryo takes place outside the uterus, commonly inside the fallopian tubes.
- Bleeding every time after intercourse is also a common symptom of endometriosis. It occurs when the inner lining of the uterus, called the endometrial tissue, appears outside it. Endometrial tissue can attach itself to other surrounding organs in the pelvic region, generally, the abdomen, causing searing pain. It is also a major cause of infertility.
- Another cause of vaginal bleeding is atrophic vaginitis, a health condition mostly affecting older women, especially those who have reached menopausal age. This is due to the massive decline in the levels of estrogen that causes vaginal dryness and irritation.
- Sexually transmitted diseases could be a serious cause of vaginal bleeding. It is generally accompanied by several other symptoms such as vaginal odour, discharge, pelvic pain, inflammations. It should receive immediate medical attention.
- Vaginal bleeding could be a sign of cancer. It could be vaginal, ovarian, uterine or cervical cancer. It requires medical attention without any delay.
Most of the time, the reasons for post coitus bleeding is harmless. However, if it persists, you must pay a visit to your gynaecologist as soon as possible and get a thorough evaluation done. This could save the condition from worsening and also diagnose any other underlying medical condition at an early, curable stage.