Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita AbrolYour feedback matters!
I am 68 years old. I am suffering from nasal allergy for a long time. I have nose running and sneezing problem. It worsens during rainy season.
I am suffering from fever and sore throat. Took couple of paracetamols. It helps with the fever for sometime but fever returns again after 6-7 hrs. Please suggest medicines. Regards.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Note: Although, the names of the medicines have been mentioned here, still it is strongly recommended that no medicine should be consumed without consulting a homeopathic doctor. The potency and dosage of the medicine will vary from person to person and can only be decided by a trained practitioner.
I am 34 and I got sore throat around 10 days ago. I used 4 erythromycin tabs. It's fine next day. But 3rd day will have same problem. I lost 80% of my voice with this now. If I talk more than 5 words I get cough. Please suggest a better medicine to control this. Thanx in advance.
Is there any method for ear wax removal except pulling out it with instrument and syringe. I have an excessive ear wax. And I scared if somebody touches my ear. I have very much fear of this but need to remove it urgently. please suggest me something.
I am suffering from cold from 3 months. Getting white mucus from nose to thorat always feeling dizziness please suggest what symptoms I am dealing with.
I can't walk barefoot whenever I walk barefoot I feel giddy. Tell me the best treatment of this so can I walk barefoot.
Is there a treatment for nasal polyps in homeopathy? my daughter age 26 yrs is suffering from this condition which reoccur-ed after surgery 7 yrs back
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.