Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil SinghalYour feedback matters!
My baby boy is 6 months 3 week old I hv gvn him suji kheer, apple puree, moong dal water, chikko (chikko which he dint lik it) so should I give him again tmrw or what more things should I give in breakfast lunch & dinner.
Actually when I earlier consulted a doctor he said that my son is very weak as according to his friends he doesn't look like a 6th class boy and moreover if he had played only an hour then he would have a lot of pain in his legs and hence he had a much problem of acidity.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am 29 years two years back I had baby she had TO fistula she was operated but we can't save her so this can be happen in next pregnancy too of mine or this was just a bad luck of mine. Is there any anomaly scan to know internal problem of foetus.
4.5 Yrs, 15 Kgs, he does not want to play and eat much like other. If he does by force the Vomiting starts then and the pain begins between lower part of the Knee and toe of only one leg. It is turned to both legs at a time once. That time the legs became very cold and does not walk more. He generally takes normal diet five times in a day (i.e chat, rice, Milk, Biscuits, Horlicks, Hand made Bread, and some vegetables). I (Father) already consultant with three child specialists according to them that is growth pain. Please give me some advise.
I was suffering frm cold n cough. From last 4 days. I tried many medicines but it's was not upto the best.
My daughter is 2 months old she is always crying so I went to podiatrist doctor he told that is common nothing a problem but baby heart beat combined with murmur sound we again consult with cardiac doctor, he check and told nothing baby is normal. Again podiatrist doctor telling after 3 or 4 months completed go and consult with experience doctor what to do so scar about my baby. Note if she is crying turned into reddish colour with nonstop cry.
He is of 10 months only born in 7th month by operation. He is suffering from both sides inguinal hernia which was diagnosed after two months of birth. Left side more and right side less and visible rarely. But left side often the hernia comes down. What is the treatment for it. Is surgery advisable for a infant.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).