Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil RajputYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr, I'm 9 weeks pregnant, I feel extremely tired these days, I feel sick, finds difficulty in doing my regular tasks. I feel nausea but don't vomit that often and smelling sense has increased. What's the reason behind this sickness.
What is the healthy food to have in morning breakfast? And how much litters of water needed for a man human body?
I haven't been able yo sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am a diabetic patient since last 10 years. I am using medicines and insulin (insulin started since last 4 years only). Now I am getting pain on my right shoulder and minimum 2-3 times urine passing in the night. Kindly advice.
Do you have an overwhelming craving for soft drinks? Are sodas and soft drinks part of your everyday diet? Soft drinks are very popular and common among today's youth and adults alike. However, the consumption of soft drinks may have several impacts on your health and may lead to severe consequences. Soft drinks contain chemical preservatives and other harmful substances, which are capable of affecting all major organs of the human body. Here is a list of disorders, health conditions and complications, which may arise from the consumption of soft drinks:
- Asthma is common in many consumers of soft drinks, which contain sodium benzoate as a preservative. These preservatives may mix with your diet and lead to reduced potassium content in the body. The chances of rashes are also enhanced.
- Dissolving of tooth enamel
- Soft drinks contain solvents, which are highly reactive. When these mix with the saliva or the stomach acids, they may turn acidic. Your mouth and teeth may get affected. Tooth enamel may dissolve, and the esophagus may get damaged.
- Soft drinks contain fructose corn syrup, which increases the risk of metabolic disorders in the body. The chances of heart diseases and diabetes get enhanced.
- Sugar overloading
- This is a phenomenon which occurs a few minutes after consuming soft drinks. The blood-sugar level may shoot up, and an insulin burst is possible. Blood pressure increases, the pupils may get dilated, and the liver may dump more amounts of sugar in the bloodstream.
Many soft drinks contain phosphoric acid, which causes a disturbance in the digestive system, affecting all the supportive organs. The chances of kidney stone formation get increased because of phosphoric acid. Other renal problems are likely as well.
The cans of soft drinks have a coating of resin for looking good and having a shiny appearance. Resin is composed of Biphenyl A, which is a cancer-causing chemical. The endocrine system gets affected, which may lead to reproductive health problems and premature puberty.
When soft drinks are consumed, urine contains calcium along with phosphoric acid. This may lead to osteoporosis, which is a condition where the bones get weakened and deprived. Calcium deficiency is also observed in people who consume a lot of sodas and soft drinks.
- Obesity is very common among regular consumers of soft drinks, and soda based beverages. According to research, one single can of soda may increase the chances of getting obesity by quite a percentage.
- You should not drink soft drinks and soda regularly. This will keep you away from many health conditions. You should consume alternatives for soft drinks such as homemade iced tea and natural fresh veg juices and whole fruits, which contain no added chemicals and preservatives.