Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil Kumar JainYour feedback matters!
Hi my lips are too dark like my father. But it always getting dry so it makes more darker. Is this due to any vitamin deficiency? pls help me with some remedies.
Im always having dark circles n paleness on my whole body, And im having only 7gm hemoglobin, plx suggest me some medicines or a healthy diet to improve my health?
Hey doctor. How are you? I want to ask you that I had been suffering from chicken pox and now am totally fine. But my chicken pox marks are still there on my face. So can you just tell me name of any cream or something so that I get rid of my chicken pox marks. Thank you. Have a nice day.
I am , 28 yrs old. I have skin allergy. Like fungle, andphysorisis. Last 2 yrs. I using Cebate gm ointment it will be cure again coming in week time, already taken blood test doctors told no problem in my blood.
There are leukoderma spots on the neck ; face, shoulder and upper body. These spots were seen 3 months before .and they are increasing even after medication.
I m 19 year old male. My face is so oily and I dont want to use any beauty products. Because earlier because of that I got dents on my face. So what should I do?
Hello doctor what is fissures and how it will effect and what should do to avoid this fissures, from past 20 days I am suffering from this please help me in this,
I am 35 years old, suffering from skin infections, skin irritations, allergies, rashes, applying night cream like keto, quadridrum, etc but not getting cured. Most of rashes are in my face which troubling me to shave daily. Kindly advice.
Sir /mam actually I am struggling a skin problem from last 20years above there is some marks on both my legs and they are increase by timely, if I have a kenacort injection than its reduced for a short time period and than again its become as usual kindly tell me some solu3.
Hello Doctor my self DEEPTY I am 30 year old woman and I have dark circle problem since last 6month what should I do please help me.
I am having hyperpigmentation of skin on my vagina which is spread to inner thigh folds & there is severe itching of the skin & rash. It's been 2 weeks since I am using clotrimazole cream but there is no change. Can you please help me with this?
I have many open pores on my cheeks and nose. Which looks very ugly And due to open pores I daily face white n blackheads And whenever I apply any soap or facewash my face becomes red Please suggest how can I get rid of this.
I am 24 years old. My skin is dry and I feel itchy. I have red spot and gets rashes on my face. Please help.
Hi Doctor, I suffering from a skin problem. There are stretch marks and white fields (something like fungal attacks.) on my chest and back and now days its spreading very fast. Currently I am using a lotion TribenB lotion and its not actually proffered by a doctor, so that I'm not at all okay to continue with that. Please suggest a good medicine for that. Thank you.
I am a 25 years male. I have heard something about skin problems. Since my childhood I was fair but recent 5 years I have became black. Only my face has became black. All my body is fair but only my face. How can I become fair. Somebody suggested me to drink carrot and beetroot mixed juice daily. Does it work?
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.