Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am having extreme pain in my right shoulder, right rib, area between right rib and the back and left side of the back. The pain is unbearable and always occurs while I try to lay down and get up from bed. Also, I have swelling in my ankles so I take ice massage for that. Thyroid test is fine, vitamin B12 is low, Protein is high, Vitamin D is extremely low (~5), High B. P, Uric acid is little high, high cholesterol (but no medication for that). I am trying to reduce weight but it is taking lot of time. I am also taking some medicines for skin allergies. Please suggest which type of doctor to consult and any tests required. Thanks.
Previously I had consulted from a doctor he also prescribed me medicines and the same thing but I was quiet well but after sometime my right portion of my get automatically swelled from my forehead to my leg and it automatically becomes normal. Its of a daily schedule my right gets automatically swelled and pains after sometime it becomes normal.
I am effected with psoriasis and I am using Homeopathy medicines from past two days , but I am feeling very much pain on my both thigh area , its got swell with blisters , its very painful so to get rid of it can I use pain relief tablets - like ACELOFLAM while continuing homeopathy medicine , will it get any problem if I use?
My knee (both) are paining too much and right side knee feels heavier than the left side knee. Especially, after getting up from bed in the early morning, right side knee is to be massaged for sometime to come to normal condition. Kindly suggest remedy for the. Same. Thanks.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.