Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil Kumar ChakravartyYour feedback matters!
I am 22years old from someday I found blood in my stools may I know why this happens and suggest me diet to get rid of it.
My mom is suffering severe lower abdomen pain and hemorrhoid problem she is crying with pain. We get tablet from local medical shop but not improved. Please suggest for reduce the pain.
Always after eating I feel motion. Also feels a budging left side of upper stomach. Feels gas trouble at the time of wakeup.
I feel my stomach bloated, something tight ,feel like pressing it round, feeling irritated, uneasy,acidic feeling.
I am 18 years male and I have facing gastro trouble after my gall bladder surgery. Please suggest what should I can do now.
I have got right hemicolectomy (open) surgery in october. I was diagnosed with chronic disease. Can I start push ups workout?
I had digestion problem since from childhood. I am going to bathroom 10 days once and my weight is 36 and my age is 21. So.could you please tell me to avoid digestion problem and to gain weight.
I am 46 years man suffering acidity & constipation 15 years treatment under ayurvedic sometimes allopathic. Now suffering anxiety, feeling of heart attack, fear.
My age is 29 years my problem is acidity. Heart burn chest pain back pain hath pair me jhanjhnahat jakdan hath pair me kamjor. Pet saaf nahi hota. Problem before 6 month. Khana khane ke baad acidity evening time weakness fever type. Kai jagah treatment karwaya par koi fayada nahi hua . Nagpur me Sara checkup karwaya blood sugar urine chest X-ray endoscopy. But all checkup is normal. Pleas suggest me specialists doctor.
Am a 23 years old female, am suffering with gastric problem and was diagnosed as having ulcers last year, I took treatment but even now the problem persists, due to gastric problem am suffering with dry cough from 2 years, is there any remedy, through which I can get rid of it?
I am suffering with too much pain at the time of menses because of stone in Gall bladder. What shall I have to do?
I am a professor. My age is 27. I have digestive problem. So I regularly take medicine. Please help me to cure the gastric problem.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pain
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.