Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I have blood pressure from last 17 years. I am taking medicines 1. Ealry Morning 7:30AM before tea Omez+Becasule, 2. 8:30 AM Morning -Amlopres AT 25 mg + 1/2 Ditide alternately 3. In evening I am taking Amlopres 5. 4. In night after meals before sleeping I am taking the Rivotril. I am having oedema in left leg and now it has come left leg also. It vanishes when I stop taking amlodipin. Once Amlodipin has been stopped I have been given Beta blockers has also controlled my blood pressure but my pulse rate has gone down upto 57-60 therefore I have been again shifted to Amlodipin. Kindly suggest some other new salts which can prevent the BP without any side effect like oedema and lower pluse rate. Regards
I am having a pain on my chest for a while now. Sometimes it radiates from the armpit to the shoulders and sometimes to the left hand. Is it some heart related problem or something else?
Is camel milk is good for heart and diabetic patient who have suffered from open heart surgery and I read on internet that camel milk is good for kidney.
Meri age 36 years Male hu, Mujhe mere chest me heart side pe halka pain mehsoos hota hai. Mujhe kabhi kabhi bahut bechainy aur ghabrahat bhi hone lagti hai. Mujhe saans lene me bhi problem hone lagti hai. Please suggest.
Is it necessary to do bypass surgery for 2 block artery. And also a person can live long and healthy life after the surgery?
How to know your a heart is weak or it can cause heart attacks I have right side chest pr left chest pain quickly & severely come & goes can it cause for gas or stress? Or can chronic stress cause chest pain?
I am a 40 years old healthy male. I want to be careful about cholesterol and old aged potential diseases like BP sugar thyroid etc. Please suggest me a minimal set of economic routine tests.
Hello sir. Sir I am having a pain from a month in my chest. Sir but I don't know why it is happening. please help me.
Getting pain in chest feeling like pressing with pins and getting pain back side below shoulders motion is going freely but not getting burps what I have to do what food I have to eat and what's the reason for this what it is called as.
Hello sir I am 18 yrs old and I am suffering from mitral valve prolapse, I want to now that, is it a serious problem, I was diagnosed with ecg, 2d echo, and blood test, blood test says hyperthyroidism. My doctor Dr. C. H umesh chandra. M. D, d. M (cardiology), fica(usa). Says that I need medication only. No need to surgery. Please suggest me. What can I do for the permanent cure of mvp. Weather I suffer from heart failure or not. I am taking b. Joy, ciplar 40 mg, nexito 5mg, ativan 1mg. Please suggest me. Thanking you.
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
My mom is 62years old and she has diabetic disease for past 16 years and she lost tooth one by one without any pain. Tooth automatically popped out two months once approximately and now she doesn't have single tooth. Doctors said it's due to diabetes. 3months back she had a sudden pain in the chest which lasted for few mins after then she was having few troubles like breathing difficulty and sweating frequently but no chest pain. When we checked with doctor, after seeing ECG, there was a mild heart attack and could be a artery block. So he was not sure about it but he prescribed some medicines and suggested us to go for treadmill test or angiogram test to confirm blockage. My mom took the medicines regularly and now she is active and no above mentioned symptoms at all. Should we just give her healthy food without oil, sugar, high cholesterol food? Will the artery blockage be relieved automatically since there is no symptoms further? Kindly suggest me.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
1. Primary hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
2. Secondary hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention:
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. A normal blood pressure is not more than 120/80 mm Hg.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal Body Mass Index of 30kg/sq. m. is to be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.