Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil JainYour feedback matters!
I've scars and pores on my face please tell me how to get a smooth skin with natural methods and to remove these scars and pores.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
Are you suffering from dry, stretched, itchy or flaky skin? Remember dry skin look older than oily skin, as they show fine lines and wrinkles faster. They also flake, crack and bleed easily. Read on for 10 super easy steps recommended by dermatologists to soothe dry skin
Prevent hot baths and showers which dehydrate skin further. Do these instead for dry skin
- Use warm water
- Don’t shower for more than 5 minutes
- Wash with a gentle and fragrance-free soap
- Don’t apply too much soap so that it whips up a thick lather
- Don’t rub your skin dry with a towel
Post bath routine
- Slather on a rich moisturiser after drying your skin: Moisturisers trap extra moisture in your skin so the right time to use them is immediately after drying yourself with a towel. It’s better to use ointments and creams as these are more effective than lotions. Creams with olive and jojoba oil, Shea butter, lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum jelly all are good. If the skin on your hand is extra dry and feels stretched then it’s a good idea to carry a non-greasy hand cream with you. Apply it to each washing hands immediately to relieve dry skin.
- Use only unscented skin care products: Shun harsh skin products which strip natural oils from skin like-
- Deodorant soaps
- Skin care products that contain fragrances, alcohol, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Wear gloves when washing utensils: This will prevent dry skin on hands. All you have to do is wear latex gloves before you start washing clothes and utensils.
- Choose laundry detergent with care: Laundry detergents should be chosen with care as they can irritate skin. Go for detergents labelled “hypoallergenic”.
- Avoid toasting yourself by the fireplace or other heat sources in winters: Remember heat is drying. So limit your time in front of a hot stove or fireplace.
- Use humidifiers to add moisture to indoor air: Use of humidifier will help prevent excessive drying of skin.
- Use milk on skin: Milk is packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can fight dry and itchy skin. The lactic acid in milk also exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the capacity of your skin to retain moisture.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural moisturisers. It comes loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobials.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a skin-hydrating agent par excellence. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also help soothe dry and itchy skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For face I am getting black if I come form out side It's getting black So can you tell me some creams that available for face.
Are you thinking of undergoing a facelift surgery? It is a common form of cosmetic surgery which is undertaken for reversing the age-clock of the face. Although the procedure is considered to be largely safe, it is good to have a knowledge of the side effects and complications. You can expect complications such as scarring. It is very important to choose an efficient and experienced plastic surgeon as the success of the surgery depends a lot on him.
The major side effects of a facelift surgery are similar to the side effects of any kind of surgical procedure. However, there are some distinct complications which are associated with a facelift surgery. They are as follows:
- Pain: Although most patients experience minor pain after a facelift surgery, a pain medication is usually prescribed by your surgeon for easing any kind of discomfort you experience. Skin numbness is likely after the surgery, which fades away on its own within a few days.
- Swelling: A lot of swelling occurs right after a facelift surgery is completed. However, this is nothing to be worried about as swelling is a part of your body’s natural reaction to any kind of injury. It subsides on its own as the body starts healing itself. The major swelling goes away within a few days, but some swelling may be experienced for several weeks after the surgery.
- Bruising: Similar to swelling, bruising is also a natural aspect of the body after a facelift surgery. It occurs as the body reacts to the changes. Bruising is most common during the first few days after a facelift surgery, and it is most likely to occur around the eyes. It takes about 10-15days for the bruising to go away completely. Improvement in bruising can be observed with each passing day.
- Scarring: Scarring is likely to remain pink for some months after a facelift surgery, after which it turns whitish and hardly noticeable.
Risks: Apart from the risks associated with any surgical procedure, other risks and complications which are likely after a facelift surgery are as follows:
- Injury to the nerves which control your facial muscles, although this is temporary.
- Problems related to proper skin healing. This is more common in patients who smoke.
- Crusts on the incisions made during the facelift surgery are also indicated. This too is temporary.
- A numb and tingling sensation around the incisions may be experienced.
However, it is also important to point out that facelift surgery is one of the most commonly performed facial surgeries all over the world with very good and satisfying results. More and more women and men are opting for this because it causes age reversal like no other method. The age is almost reversed at least 7-8 years and it is a very long lasting procedure. Most of the people look at it as an investment that they make on themselves rather than as an expense. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.