Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain regularly, and when I wake up in morning I will the same. Please help me.
Lack of appetite, loss of weight, taking only one meal a day, insomnia, pain in knees, noises in the head, lethargy, desire to sleep in the morning, extreme laziness in bed, impotence. Please advise.
I am suffering from spondylitis, my hands get numbness when I get up early morning, any natural remedies for this as my age is 45 I am not interested in surgery. Thanks
I have severe head aches and back pain at night. What should I do to over come these issue? Why is this happening?
Hello doctor, My father, age 63 years having swollen and pain in knee, he is taking treatment But not relief, it is from october2015, what is cause and which treatment can he do, and what test occur to findout reason.
Hi, Long back I met with an accident on my right leg Its has been operation and I put up the Stainless Steel rod has fixed in my right leg. From some times I getting pain on my left leg that's on thighs knee so wat should I do. I do exercise everyday wen I fold me leg it's start paining.
I am 49 years old I fell down from scooter 5 days back & knee is very paining. After keeps ice for 3-4 days it has come down. But still I cannot walk easily and bend leg please suggest me.
I am 58 years old male with 79 kgs weight with 140/90 BP. Since last 4 years also suffering from Gouty Arthritis on both the Ankles and toe region. My blood uric acid levels 9.9 .I'll get excruciating pain at least once or twice in a month. At that time Febuxostat 40 mg.
I have rigidity on my muscles and bones that I am unable to sit on the ground and get up. I have pains from toe to thigh on both the legs. I have clean bowel movement along with first urine and I feel free only when I do morning walk for 35 to 45 minutes after taking a glass of luke warn water. I do pranayama, kabala bokyam and some physical exercises by holding my breath and pressing my tummy.
I am 38 years female having severe pain on back side of my shoulders and down up to rib cage I cannot move my arms freely as it hurts I cannot lie on my back or both side of arms as it hurts so I cannot sleep properly. As such I have no pain but suddenly pain is felt while working or doing home jobs and specially in the morning I have severe pain in upper body.
I am 70 yrs old I have pain in left side of my neck which moves to right hand sometimes and also to left leg this pain is intermittent.
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.