Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil GargYour feedback matters!
There are many moles on my skin and it is increasing in whole body but very slowly please what can I do now.
Previously I was fair & there was no skin problems, now I look dark and my whole body is getting some weird pimples. please tell me how to remove it?
I have a prostate problem .which are the medicines that I can take for an early relieving from the problem. I have more strain while urinating.
I hve allot of blackheads on my nose my age is 19 please suggest me gd cleanser and moisturizer and scruber evn sunscreen I hve oily skin.
Meri sister ki age 29 yrs. bohot dark skin hai aor dark circles bhi hai kaunsi home remedy use karna. She is using almond oil and vitamin e cap for dark circles. She is using honey. please suggest how to get fair and clear skin fast. Plz.
I am 27 male. I have problem of under eye dark circles They get even more intense when I masturbate. I take proper diet and sleep. Do exercise daily .my job is nearby 13. Pls suggest me any permanent cure or any cosmetic surgery.
My wife suffers from ano-rectal disorders. Most of the times, she goes to latrine, while passing stool, profuse bleeding occurs. Several allopathic/ayurvedic medicines have been taken, but to no rescue. Kindly suggest the ways to get rid of the disorder. Regards.
I got a black pigmentation below my lips & above chin. Once I consulted doctor he gave clinox_n ointment it was reduced I stopped ointment because am not getting anywhere so again it started so please suggest other solution.
I have dark spots on my skin by acne's I want to remove that. please tell me that how to remove and the cost of treatment.
I am 25 year old man, I am suffering from skin disease. My "eye back side" was dark from last 3 years, please give some suggestion, What can I do for this skin problem? Please give some medicine, ointment, lotion etc.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.