Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Garg
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil GargYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fungal skin infection. I tried many antifungal creams, antibiotics by consulting docs but problem recurs. How I will get rid of it?
I hv a suffering from karodiya in. Gujarati, I dont know what we call in english but its small white circle on the body. I think its a skin disease. etching problem while we go outside in sun ray. What is the problem? Why? What I do?
For glowing, bright skin, it is important that it is maintained well. The skin has multiple layers, and over a period of time, due to constant exposure to pollution and dust, the top layers become worn out and lack lustre. Once these top layers are removed, the underlying layers which are fresher can help in giving the skin a much younger and brighter look.
Microdermabrasion – What it Does?
There are tiny particles, which are abrasive in nature, which are used on the skin. These by their abrasive and cleansing nature, remove the top layers, making way for fresher skin from the subsequent layers. It is very similar to a facial, except that an instrument is used, which will generate mild heat, which helps in removing the top dead cells.
This procedure, which takes about 45 minutes, creates a gentle vacuum which removes dead cells. In addition,
- It improves circulation so that the cheeks turn rosy again
- It reduces wrinkles and fine lines that appear as part of ageing. In fact, microdermabrasion is one of the most widely used anti-ageing treatments currently.
- It improves dullness, by removing the top dead layers and provides skin with a fresh lease of life (and cells!)
- It reduces appearance of age spots which are due to increased pigmentation and makes skin even and less rough
- Reduces damage caused by the sun
- Scars (from any injury)
- Removes blackheads and whiteheads
What to Expect:
- It is usually done in the outpatient setting, and no anesthesia is required
- Any chemical treatment to the affected area should be stopped 2 days ahead
- Discuss with your doctor about your regular medications, which might require change
- Continue using the sunscreen
- Do not wear makeup on the day of the treatment
- There is heat generated during the process, so there could be redness, mild swelling, and tenderness
- After the procedure, avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2 to 3 days
- Do not use any chemicals on the area for at least 3 days
- Do not use saunas or steam for about a week
- Face should be washed multiple times, either with plain water, or with a gentle face wash
- Repeat sessions, if required, will be done after 3 to 4 weeks depending on the condition and your response
Microdermabrasion is one of the most widely used skin polishing techniques and talk to your doctor to find out if it can help bring your skin back to life!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!