Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Garg
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil GargYour feedback matters!
Sir My face is very dull and oily I want to know that can you tell me what do I for a better glowing screen?
Do you ever wish you could start all over and take better care of your skin? A chemical peel could give you that chance. Peels can dramatically reduce lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and roughness caused by years of sun.
A chemical peel is a solution applied to the face to remove the outermost layer or layers of skin. It's a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new skin that grows in its place is softer, smoother and has fewer imperfections. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
There are three basic types of chemical peels:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. A thorough evaluation by a dermatologic surgeon is imperative before embarking upon a chemical peel.
When is a chemical peel appropriate?
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
1. Pigmentation on face or body
4. Fine Wrinkles
6. Acne marks and scars
8. Aging skin
9. Crow's feet
10. Sagging skin
Who should not opt for chemical peels?
Generally, light-haired and fair skinned people are the best candidates for chemical peel. The procedure does not work as well on dark skinned patients. The procedure is not recommended for individuals with infections, active skin disease, cut or broken skin, or sunburns. Other contraindications include patients who are:
1. Nursing or pregnant.
2. Have taken Accutane in last six months.
Temporary change in skin color, particularly for women on birth control pills, who subsequently become pregnant or have a history of brownish facial discoloration.
Changes are transient and easy to take care of if taken care properly.
2. Reactivation of cold sores
3. A variety of chemical treatments can be used to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
Depending on the depth of treatment required, your surgeon may choose one of the following peels:
1. Alpha-hydroxy acid peel (AHA)
2. Trichloroacetic acid peel (TCA)
3. Phenol peel
4. Croton oil peel
Aftercare and recovery
Your dermatologist will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After surgery, you and your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your postsurgical care, including information about:
1. Normal symptoms you will experience
2. Potential signs of complications
I am 21 year old my skin is sensitive in summer it has sun burn and itching and also dark colour please suggest me medicine or cream for skin whitening.
I'm 18 years old male. I do not have any physical problem as such but i've observed that during excretion I bleed few droplets of dark red blood. I do not have any kind of pain for the same but my anus sometimes gets the pain of stretching when I poop.
Mujhe pimple bhaut jyada nikalte hai aur kabhi bikul saaf ho jate hai to kabhi bikul pure face pr bhar jate hai mera face oiley hai isliye hote hai mera pura face bekar ho jata hai in pimple ki vajah se
Tanning of the skin, though desired by some, completely mars the complexion of few. In a tropical country like India, sun tanning is a serious problem, one that often times calls for medical intervention. In fact a host of homemade remedies have also emerged to combat with this problem.
Some of the remedies for sun tanning are
- Cucumber juice: The advantages of cucumbers do not end with its nutritional values. In fact most of its well-acknowledged benefits pertain to beauty more than health care. In instances of tanning, try applying cucumber juice. This will not only help in lessening the effects of the tan but will also give a fresh glow to the face.
- Potato: It is unanimously agreed upon that potato is the most versatile vegetable. Irrespective of the dish, this vegetable almost always finds its way in it. It is only good news therefore that it benefits the skin as well. In order to remove the tan, you must peel the potato and rub the skin on the face. An alternative way of maximizing the utility of the vegetable is by applying the juice of potato on the areas which are affected.
- Sandalwood powder: The goodness of sandalwood requires no introduction. It takes good care not only of the health but also of the skin. Even in the case of tanning, grind the sandalwood and mix it with almond oil and cucumber and apply the mixture.
- Aloe vera gel: This is one of the most trusted remedies of sun tanning. The aloe vera gel must be applied on the skin on a daily basis to retain the moisture in the skin and also to soothe it. For best results, mix some lemon juice in the aloe vera gel.
- Yoghurt and lemon: The advantages of yoghurt are aplenty, benefitting especially the skin. If mixed with lemon, the consequent paste bleaches the skin and significantly diminishes all the effects of tanning.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!