Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunilYour feedback matters!
I have itching around my pennies, it will reduce when I apply betnovate C. I maintain hygiene but still I have this problem.
Hi, I am 32 years old. I have alopecia areata. I am currently using hair patch to cover it. My scalp has serious dandruff. How can I recover my hair?
I have black and white comedones all over my face..I've tried everything including chemical peels..how to get rid of them.??
Lybrate | Dr. Jimish Bagadia speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Sir, I am having skin rashes on my face and upper body from last 2 weeks. I am applying Quadriderm cream. On application previous ones disappear but new ones emerge. I don't have any allergy that I might be aware of neither haven't taken any medicine without doctors consent still unable to track down the cause of this. Awaiting positive reply from your end. Thanks
Hello! I have developed ringworm-like small rings patches around my genitals between my thighs (pubic area. It is itching a lot and these ring patches are blackish-red in colour. Tell me home remedies or creams or ointments to apply to finish them. Consulted a skin specialist in janakpuri (Alka gupta) but no improvement. She prescribed me Fucidin cream and amorolfine cream. Tell me did that doctor prescribed me the correct medication or not? Thanx.
I am a girl of 20 years. I have been taking ethitret Isotroin 20 mg capsule since last 8 months as par doctor's advise for acne but from last 2 month I took 20 capsule in gap of 15 days after 10 days. Now doctor told me to again start it from zero due to gap. Now he told me to take 2 capsule a day for 2 months. Is it will cause. To overdose or any side effects?
Hives or urticaria is an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps around the skin surface, formed mainly due to the body’s response to particular allergens. Generally, the infectious bumps are of varied shapes and sizes and last for about 5-6 weeks. Although not a serious medical condition, hives can cause tremendous discomfort to the concerned person and affect his/her daily activities. Hives can be cured with a prescribed dosage of antihistamines or oral corticosteroids.
Causes of hives
Although the exact reason behind their formation is still unknown, researchers suggest that this disorder occurs as a response to involuntary histamine release by the skin blood vessels (that in turn, causes a leakage of blood plasma). Some other factors that can be responsible are:
- Hives can occur due to insect or parasite bites.
- Hives can also result as a side effect of painkillers such as codeine and other anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or ACE inhibitors.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight or high levels of stress (leading to high cortisol levels in the body) can also result in hives.
- Intense scratching around the same spot can also result to hive formation.
- Excessive alcohol intake can render you even more vulnerable to this disease.
- Excessive intake of foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate and berries might also cause hives. Additionally, excessive consumption of certain food preservatives can also trigger the release of histamine.
- Suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders can make you prone to chronic cases of hives (which might last for more than 6 weeks).
- Appearances of several reddish welts around the face or arms which might cause a severe itchy sensation.
- Painful and abnormal swelling around the mouth
- You might also feel tightness in your chest along with recurring bouts of dizziness.
If not treated promptly after diagnosis, hives might result in life-threatening allergic reactions, such as Anaphylaxis (narrowing down of the bronchial tubes, thus causing significant breathing trouble) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.