Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil C NigamYour feedback matters!
I am not able to quit masturbation habit. Its been more than 4 years now, I am doing it every alternate day. I am following Lybrate for 1 year, asked many questions and follow answers but nothing has improved. I am in the worse condition of my life, my studies are suffering, I am depressed and totally broken from inside with no hope. There is no interest in this life to do anything. Please please help, I am a boy of 21 years of age.
Hai sir .I have paining in penis balls .what can you do .in balls different type is there like up and down. Give me suggestion sir. Thank you.
I am suffering from thyroid. I'm using thyronorm 100 mg. Now im getting stomach ache. No hunger for 20 days. Some one said these are symptoms of amebiasis. How can I get relief from this disease. No free motion also. White discharge also.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.
Panchakarma treatments like Snehapanam, Vaman, Virechan are helpful in removing toxins from our body and cure diabetes under supervision of a practising physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi sir frm some days I cant concentrate on my mind means lagyness n I do not want to do any work, I sleep more now.
Alcohol consumption is a common problem in our society. Ranging from economic issues, to strained relationships, to neglect, to abuse, it can lead to multiple problems. The key point is that in many people, it may go completely unnoticed. While different people could have different tolerance levels, there are some definitions to qualify someone as having ‘alcohol problem'.
Alcohol consumption resulting in blood alcohol levels of 0.08 or more; some men might need about five drinks and women might need four drinks to reach this level. When any individual is compelled to drink up to five drinks on a day regularly, it is considered to be a problem.
If you are suspecting that your friend or relative could be having a potential drinking problem, look out for the following symptoms:
- Constant, strong craving for drinking
- Unable to control their urge to drink alcohol
- Inability to succeed in efforts to reduce or stop alcohol usage
- Drinking more than the intended quantity on most occasions
- Spending extra effort in terms of time and money to lay their hands on alcohol
- Strained relationships at work or at home
- Health issues including liver failure, poor overall health, intestinal problems, etc.
- Failure to see that their health (physical and emotional) is affected by drinking
- Failure to acknowledge that there is a drinking problem (denial mode)
- Stealing or lying in an attempt to get money for alcohol
- Being violent towards spouse or children or even strangers to get alcohol and/or money for alcohol
- Not very reliable in assigning tasks or fulfilling responsibilities
- Ability to hold more than their regular quantity of drinks, over a period of time, capacity to tolerate more alcohol
- Constantly seen in the company of people who enjoy alcohol
What should you tell your friend/relative?
Admit the problem
- Stay away from people who drink with you or encourage you to drink
- Space out drinks, drink with food, and drink enough water as it will reduce the amount of alcohol getting into the body
- Involve close friends and family for emotional support
- Enroll for a detox program
- Get into exercise, sports, photography which are both creative and productive ways to improve your quality of recreation and life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.