Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Bhasin
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil BhasinYour feedback matters!
My 10 months baby is not feeding milk well, He always run and stop feeding despite trying very hard, can l give cypon drop? Is it helpful for his appetite?
Admitted and discharged with pneumonia,urine infection,fluid still swells the leg repeatedly with pain from ankle to weist,77yrs male,more platelet counts also which is getting monitored through med,since 2months,follow up with dr done,no proper result,pl suggest,no more insurence.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
What are temper tantrums?
Temper tantrums are a way a young child lets out strong emotions before he or she is able to express them in socially acceptable ways. Although a child may seem totally out of control, these fits of rage, stomping, screaming, and throwing himself or herself to the floor are a normal part of childhood development. Temper tantrums often happen only with a parent. They are a way a child communicates his or her feelings. Parents can learn from their child by understanding the situation that caused the temper tantrum to erupt.
Temper tantrums often begin at about 1 year of age and continue until age 2 to 3. They begin to diminish as a child becomes more able to communicate his or her wants and needs.
What causes temper tantrums?
As a young child learns more and becomes more independent, he or she wants to do more than he or she can physically and emotionally manage. This is frustrating to the child and the frustrations are expressed in a variety of ways. Temper tantrums are worse and happen more often when a child is hungry, tired, or sick. Some reasons children have temper tantrums include the following:
Want to be on their own, and get upset when they can't do what they want
Are in a transition (such as from day care to home)
Are trying to get attention to test the rules
Have something taken away from them
Have not learned all the words to tell you what they are feeling or want and this upsets them
Do not understand what you want them to do
Are tired or hungry
Are worried or upset
Feel stress in the home
How to prevent temper tantrums
Although temper tantrums sometimes happen without warning, parents can often tell when a child is becoming upset. Knowing the situations when your child is more likely to have a tantrum and thinking ahead may help. An example is not letting your child become overtired or hungry. Some suggestions for preventing or minimizing temper tantrums include the following:
Stick to routines for meals and sleep times. Avoid long outings, delayed meals, and naps.
Distract your child with a toy he or she is allowed to have.
Be reasonable about what to expect from your child, and do not expect your child to be perfect.
Help your child to avoid frustration. Prepare your child for changes or events by talking about them before they happen.
Let your child know your rules and stick to them.
How to respond during a temper tantrum
The following are helpful hints regarding the most appropriate ways to respond during your child's temper tantrum:
Ignore the child until he or she is calmer. Keep doing whatever you were doing before the tantrum happens.
Do not hit or spank your child.
Do not give in to the tantrum. When parents give in, children learn to use inappropriate behavior to get their way.
Do not bribe your child to stop the tantrum. The child then learns to act inappropriately to get a reward.
Remove potentially dangerous objects from your child or your child's path.
Use time-out for a short period to allow the child to get back in control.
What else should parents know about temper tantrums?
Temper tantrums generally happen less often as children get older. Children should play and act normally between tantrums. However, talk with your child's healthcare provider if any of the following happen:
Temper tantrums are severe, last long, or happen very often.
Your child has a lot of trouble talking and cannot let you know what he or she needs.
Temper tantrums continue or get worse after 3 to 4 years of age.
Your child has signs of illness along with temper tantrums or holds his or her breath to cause fainting.
Your child harms himself or herself or others during tantrums.
My daughter age 8 month currently Since yesterday she is suffering from loose motions today she did 7 times since morning Given oflox oz 4 drops Please advise.
It is often difficult for most of us to make your kids eat healthy food and keeping them away from junk and unhealthy food is a much bigger task. It is always easy for them to finish off a packet of chips than a cup of vegetables or fruits. Read on to know some of the healthiest foods that your kid should be biting into.
- Dairy products: These are a great source of proteins, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and other minerals. In addition, yogurt provides good bacteria. Milk and yogurt can also be included into smoothies which will also give them a blend of some fruits. Butter can be used in toasts and sandwiches as these foods are loved by children. You can replace plain milk with milkshakes, they are tastier and the children love them.
- Soups: These are another great source of nutrition, be it chicken or vegetables. They can be a good evening snack and not just prevent the evening hunger pangs but also come packed with a good amount of nutrition and hydration.
- Fruits: Each fruit contains different ingredients. Pick fresh seasonal fruits and incorporate them into your child’s diet as they hold a good amount of nutrients. Fruits provide a good supply of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and good sugars.
- Whole grains: Try a brown bread instead of white, replace refined flour pizza base with atta pizza base and white pasta with wheat pasta. These whole grains provide a lot more fiber and nutrition compared to the refined flours. The idea again is to let the kids eat any of them but on a rotational basis, so that benefits from all foods are derived.
- Vegetables: Get creative when getting the kids to eat vegetables and green leafy vegetables. From soups to salads to curries, try to rotate vegetables, and like fruits, use seasonal ones. They also have chlorophyll which helps improve their energy levels and reduce fatigue.
- Fish: One of the best sources of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, it helps in brain development and building immunity in children, making them less prone to illnesses.
- Nuts: While walnut is a well-known brain food, almonds are amazing for the skin and hair growth. Pecans are a good source of nutrients too. The rich oils in the nuts help fight diseases and are a great source of energy. Substituting the sugar candy with any of the nuts is a great way to indulge them in healthy snacking.
- Eggs: Whatever form, boiled, fried, scrambled, let the child indulge in their choice of eggs. A good source of protein which is very essential for hair, skin, and nails, try to squeeze in 4 eggs a week in your child’s diet.
Ensure these things find a way into the kid’s plate. In addition, some junk or fried stuff is always allowed!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Parents today, are more concerned about their child's healthy diet and hygiene compared to earlier days. They are more inclined towards quality when it comes to providing medical assistance to their children. They are also now well aware of the side effects of conventional drugs and are keen towards trying alternative treatments, which come with no side effects.
Studies prove that conventional drugs suppress diseases and antibiotics hamper digestion. But homeopathy on the other hand, offers natural remedies, which are safe, and has long-lasting effect by boosting your body's immunity.
Below are some of the conditions, in which homeopathy works wonders with the kids:
- Acute conditions such as cold, flu, sore throat and stomach infections, etc. These conditions are self-limiting. Homeopathic remedies not only cure these acute problems, but also prevent their recurrence.
- Chronic diseases like eczema and allergies are cured completely and never reoccur when treated with homeopathy. In both the above cases, homeopathy works miraculously. Alongside the healing process, it boosts the child's self-defense mechanisms to fight against diseases. While antibiotics may be too harsh for the child's body, homeopathy is a safer option, since it does not have any side effects.
Homeopathy is also effective in treating colic, earache and reduces pain and discomforts. Some of the common problems of children where homeopathy works well are fever, teething, vomiting, diarrhea, dysentery, kidney diseases, infant colic, jaundice, eczema, convulsions, ear infection, fungal infections, warts, thyroid problems, and other growth related problems.
Not just physical symptoms, homeopathy also treats mental and emotional disturbances:
- You can take help of homeopathy treatment if the child is cranky or restless, and it is very beneficial even in case of hyperactive children.
- It is also effective in increasing concentration.
- Homeopathy works perfectly for specially challenged children as well.
- One of the plus points with homeopathic medicine is that it is easy to administer given their light doses and consumable taste.
- In addition, injections are not required. Furthermore, homeopathic treatment helps in all stages of childhood.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine. It works on improving immunity rather than only curing the disease. Thus, it is very important to complete courses in homeopathy medication. Even though handy, homeopathy does not allow self-medication.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!