Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suneeta Mittal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suneeta MittalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have had sex with my boyfriend once. After one day of having sex I took an emergency contraceptive pill named unwanted 72 and menstruation took place later But after menstruation taking place, I am not menstruating for 3 months. What is the reason behind? How it can be solved?
Hello sir. We had 4 years of family life and had a son, after delivery my wife completely lost interest in sexual activity because of low LIBIDO, and she's not ready to consult doctor. please help me with this problem Please suggest any medicine it ll help a lot.
Hi my thyroid test profile T3 108, T4 8 &.TSH 5.17 Dis test done from thyrocare. My symptoms are Upset period last 2 months Hairfall Unwanted hair Muscles pain I hv no baby and plan for baby Pls suggest I am start homeopathy medicine.
Me my wife had sex intercourse with protection using condom but while intercourse it as been broken. What to do.
Now this is a very interesting topic. We have always focused on food items which help raise platelet counts. So, this topic is equally important, if not more. This blog lists various food items that are best avoided in patients having low platelet counts. Scientific evidence is lacking, in majority, on why these food items are best avoided. Most of these are gradual observations that people have noticed over the years.
So the list goes as :
- Ginkgo Biloba – used as a memory enhancer
- Ginseng – used as energy boosting supplement
- Raw garlic
- Omega three intake foods – fish etc
- Red wine
- Pineapple – which are considered as antiplatelet agents
- Fruits and vegetables that contain “salicyclates” - such as cucumbers, mushroom, raddish, berries, cherries. Salicyclates act as blood thinners and prevent clotting
- Coffee – it is not the caffeine but phenolic acids present in coffee that are the culprit.
- Foods containing quinine – ex. Tonic water – a bitter liquid which is used as a mix for alcoholic drinks
- Foods containing Aspartame: Aspartame is a low calorie sweetener. It is used in diet sodas, energy drinks, protein shakes, flavoured milk and juices, breath mints and jellies. In fact ice-creams, and chewing gums and ketchups may also contain aspartame.
The above food items are to be best avoided if you suffer from dengue.
But if your low platelet counts are diagnosed due to autoimmune diseases ( such as celiac disease), then additionally you need to take an anti-inflammatory diet along with avoidance of gluten containing foods. Now gluten containing foods are wheat, barley, rye and other grains. So these items should not be consumed if you suffer from celiac disease – a type of autoimmune disease. Anti-inflammatory diet means including fresh food in diet, minimize processed food and fast food, eat more fruits and vegetables, restrict caloric intake to 2000 to 3000 calories per day in adults. Of this caloric intake, 40-50% should come from carbohydrates, 30 % from fats, and 20 -30% from proteins.
I'm 8 months preg rh-ve mother, missed abortion previously and missed NTT injection also, having low amniotic fluid level from 6th month of my current pregnancy but now fluid level is adequate so do I have normal delivery in that case.
Last one and half month ago I had done optical urethrotomy surgery. Last two days ago I drink full alcohol and going to sex with my aunt. I will enjoy sex long time 20mints. After I'm coming to my home I'm facing same symptoms before operation symptoms. What I do sir, what happened. Im scared. The operation is failed.
A stroke, also known as cerebrovascular accident (CVA), cerebrovascular insult(CVI), or brain attack, can occur when a part of the brain is deprived of blood flow. When brain cells are deprived of oxygen they begin to die, due to which the functions controlled by that part of the brain also stops, which results in different types of disabilities among stroke survivors.
There are two types of strokes
- Ischemic stroke
The first is caused when a brain aneurysm or a weak blood vessel bursts. Most of the time, this type of stroke leads to death. The second one happens when a clot blocks the flow of blood to the brain. Patients suffering from stroke suffer from various side-effects, the most common ones being paralysis or loss of feeling in a certain part of the body, problem in understanding or talking and loss of vision on one side. The side-effects start showing up immediately after a person has had a stroke.
In certain conditions, blood flow to a certain part of the brain stops for only some time and hence the body suffers stroke-like symptoms which only last a couple of hours before disappearing. This is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA). Unfortunately, the effects of a stroke can be debilitating and also permanent. Hence, it's important to know the symptoms of a stroke and rush the patient to a doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes early treatment can save a lot of damage.
The primary symptoms of stroke are as follows:
- Confusion and problems while talking and comprehension
- Headache along with alteration of consciousness or vomiting
- Numbness of the face, arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- Issue with seeing, through one or both eyes
- Inability to walk with stability, including disrupted coordination
- Problems with the bladder and bowel control
- Acute depression
- Body temperature fluctuates, and pain worsens with movement
- Paralysis on one side of the body along with fatigue
- Problem in expressing or controlling emotions
Diagnosis of stroke
Several tests are carried out to determine the type of stroke, such as
- Physical examination, which involves observing the patient's overall condition.
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- MRI scans
- Cerebral angiogram
Stroke is a fatal brain disease and can cause permanent damage to your system so its best to check with doctor to know how you can prevent it.