Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suneeta AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year female I have PCOD problem from last 1 year what should I do to overcome this problem. My height is 5.3 and weight is 55 kg and I am unmarried.
Why after marriage females do not put on the panties? One of my colleague doesn't wear it even though she isn't married! Why so?
Am 29 year old recently gone through surgery for chocolate cyst doctor removed my one ovary now I have one ovary and again capture cyst size 3.2 cm and my amh level is .1 is it possible to get pregnant in this condition I do not want ivf process pls suggest want natural process for conceive.
I am taking endosis tablet content only diagonsis 2 mg from June 5th 2016 onwards. I got my spot bleeding on14th June 2016 and it was gradually increased and it got reduced by juky4th 2016. Still 2-3drips of spot bleeding is there. I want to know whether my endometriosis cyst is getting dissolved. And lot of itching is there in my vagina.
Prevention of unplanned pregnancies will go a long way in improving the reproductive health of women in India. A woman faced with the prospect of an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy can, in many cases, avoid the pregnancy by using Emergency Contraception. Emergency contraceptives act as interceptive agents i.e. ovulation, fertilization or implantation` is prevented depending on the phase of menstrual cycle.
Remember, these pills are not intended as regular forms of contraception. If you are looking for a regular contraceptive, there are many options available to you. Ask your doctor to help you find one, which works best for you.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a pill used by a woman after having an unprotected intercourse (sex), to prevent her from getting pregnant. It is sometimes called "the morning after pill," "the day after pill," or "morning after contraception or postcoital pill. the term ”morning after pill” is misleading; ECPs may be initiated sooner than the morning after—immediately after unprotected intercourse—or later—for at least 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. ECPs are considered 96-98% effective in preventing pregnancy.
The word “Emergency” is important to note. If you are sexually active or planning to be, don't use emergency contraception as your only protection against pregnancy. Also, emergency contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, like HIV .
When to take #ECP?
Emergency contraception offers women a last chance to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If you are not using any other contraceptive methods and you have had intercourse. The condom broke down or came off during the act. If you have missed at-least 2 or 3 of your regular birth control pills, or if you were forced to have sex.
Side effects of emergency contraception:
Side effects include nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, and fatigue. These usually do not occur for more than a few days after treatment, and they generally resolve within 24 hours. There are not much evidence of long term side effects of these medicines but there are some studies or beliefs that these pills have long term effects on the women’s body like irregular menses, mastalgia and infertility.
Effects on Pregnancy:
There have been no conclusive studies of births to women who were already pregnant when they took ECPs or following failure of ECPs
Whether to consult a doctor before taking ECP?
Not really! However if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous tubal pregnancy, it's a good idea to discuss it with your doctor when going for a health check.
When to contact a doctor after taking the ECP?
If you experience the following symptoms:
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Chest pain or shortness of breath.
• Severe headache.
• Eye problems like blurring of vision.
• Severe leg or arm pain.
How long effect of ECP last?
The use of ECP is only for 1-2 acts of unprotected sex and that too within 72 hours, if you happen to have sex after 72 hours you should be looking for alternative and regular form of contraception.
When to expect periods after taking ECP?
Your next period may come sooner or later than expected, however most women get their period within 7 days of expected date. Your period may also be heavier or lighter than normal. If you do not get your period within 21 days or if you think you could be pregnant, get a pregnancy test done.
Does Weight Affect Emergency Contraception effectiveness?
Yes,if you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 25, it's less effective. If you have a body mass index (BMI) that's higher than 30, it may not work at all.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#gynecologist #pregnancy #emergencycontraceptive #drjyotsnagupta #ECP #gynaecologist
Hi. I did not get my periods from 3 months. I did my blood test and urine test too. And I did my ultrasound as well. The doctor told me everything fine but my b12 is low so what should I do?
I'm a 32 yrs old married woman, no child alive yet, although I had a miscarriage 2yrs ago. We want to have child but then I have problem with my period. I already took about 20tablets of NO LOSS which was prescribed by my OB but still it never stopped for almost a month already. I have a polycystic ovary. When i took CPink vitamins my period became heavy, so I stopped taking any meds. Can you recommend any medication for my case?
Hello Doctor my age is 24, January I normal delivered baby after that continues 2 months bleeding happened and then every month period happens with too much blood and pain but even my sister all delivered 7 before for her still not period happened I want to know y happening to me like this it is normal what please suggest me what happening is to me because of this period pain I cannot able to handle the baby.
Hi my friend Asha is not getting periods it's already 10 days over the date as she had sex with her bf but she took unwanted 72 and now she checked with preganews it's result negative what she will to get periods is der any risk? Please help her.
6 to 8 leucocytes found in urine for a boy of 8 years. Please advise the medicine to be used. Is Novamax 250 ml, Mefta gesic DF and Citra Ulka are useful? If not kindly suggest medicines a small boy of 8 years.
Me and my girlfriend had intercourse 2 days ago. 1 day before intercourse she was suffering from vomiting. Whatever food she was eating she has vomited. After intercourse I gave her a unwanted 72 i-pill. She has even vomited 3 hours after taking i- pill. Now my concern is that the i- pill worked or not.
According to Ayurveda, Panchakarma therapy aims at detoxifying the human body. “Pancha” means five and ‘karma’ means treatment. This comprises of 5 methods that are used to address the troublesome ‘doshas’ in the body. The excess doshas would be expelled and the ‘ama’ (toxins produced in the body) would be eliminated from the system through the body's own organs elimination channels (urinary tract, colon, sweat organs, digestive tract and the lungs).
The features of ‘Panchakarma’ include herbal enemas, herbal and oil massages as well as oil showers. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma as a regular treatment for the upkeep of mental and physical cleanliness and balance.
Similar to other medicinal procedures, for Panchakarma Therapy you must consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician who can decide the individual's ‘prakriti’ (established nature of the patient), the nature of the problem and the proper dosage of the recommended treatments.
This therapy makes use of a large number of therapies. Sometimes, a combination of two or three processes can be administered. The five different therapies are:
- Garshana: Garshana medications involve a dry lymphatic brushing of the skin either using a silk glove or a fleece. This improves blood circulation and cleanses the skin so that the oil and medication can seep naturally into the pores of the skin.
- Abhyanga: This home based oil massage helps the mind and body to unwind and separates the polluting influence as well as stimulate both blood and lymph flow. It helps in toning the body, improving circulation, restoring energy and providing relaxation.
- Swedana: It comprises of a typical steam treatment and is used to calm the head and heart, while the body warm. It also eliminates mental and physical toxins that are deeply embedded in the tissues.
- Pizichili: A non-stop stream of warm herbal oil is soothingly poured over the body by two Ayurvedic specialists as they back rub the body in impeccable harmony.
- Udvartana: This is a deeply infiltrating lymphatic massage which uses a paste to restore the natural radiance while eliminating other toxic elements.
What is the maximum time in which we can abort a child with pills and which pills should be taken to abort it or any particular way to abort rather than pills.
Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS is a fairly common female hormonal disorder in which the affected woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
And these high levels of androgens produce typical symptoms of PCOS like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all.
The absence of ovulation, which actually makes a mature egg to release from the ovary every month, results in infertility.
What happens in PCOS ?
Most of the patients having PCOS are seen to have cysts in their ovaries. These cysts cause some hormonal disturbances. One hormone triggers the release of another hormone and so on. Therefore deficiency or excess of a particular hormone can cause imbalance in many other hormones too.
In PCOS, the levels of androgen are raised more than the normal limits. Androgens are the male hormones. They are present in small quantities in normal females. When the levels increase, these can cause disturbance in menstrual periods and cause delayed menses. Facial hair and hair on other parts of the body start appearing in females which are otherwise not present. The normal ovulation cycle also gets disturbed and ovulation gets delayed or does not happen at all.
Other symptoms of PCOS are –
- Heavy vaginal bleeding because as the women with PCOS don’t ovulate and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
- Weight- gain
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- More hair on body
- Depression and mood swings
- More chance of getting type-2 diabetes as these women are resistant to insulin
PCOS has no cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Homeopathy can help alleviate PCOS symptoms in an effective manner though it takes time and patience.
Homeopathy For PCOS!!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect. Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Let’s take a look at a few homoeopathic cures for PCOS:
- Sepia: This is touted as the best homoeopathic remedy for the cure of PCOS. The symptom that gets cured with sepia are late and scanty periods in women. The ovaries are enlarged and have fluid-filled cysts inside. Sepia is very effective in normalising menstrual flow. It also tackles abnormal hair growth on the face, especially on upper lips.
- Pulsatilla: This homoeopathic medicine is excellent for starting menses that have been suppressed for a long duration. In such patients, periods are scanty and accompanied by pain. Pulsatilla works by removing the obstacles that cause the periods to be suppressed and this helps in the normalisation of periods.
- Calcarea Carb: It normalises prolonged and profuse periods. Women presenting with the symptom of obesity are also helped by using Calcarea Carb.
- Natrum Mur: It not only treats irregular periods but also helps the women conceive.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This is the definitive homoeopathic medicine for treatment of retarded menstrual flow. Other indications for its use are the presence of multiple cysts in an ovary. Thuja has the innate capacity to dissolve and get rid of abnormal growths anywhere in the body. Thus, it is very effective in dissolving ovarian cysts too. Most women who require Thuja have cysts in the left ovary. Apart from this, Thuja is also very effective in treating hirsutism due to PCOS.
It is wrong to claim that homoeopathy treats PCOS completely. But it does work in correcting hormonal imbalances, regularising ovulation from the ovaries and restoring and normalising the menstrual cycle.
Homoeopathy may also help in dissolving the ovarian cysts which effectively eliminates the need for hormone therapy and surgery- the two common cures for cysts in allopathy.
If you are suffering from PCOS, we suggest that you consult an experienced homoeopath and take medicines rather than self-medicating. This is because a homoeopath will not suggest the same medicine for PCOS to two different patients as PCOS cure needs an individualistic approach. Also, manage your weight and stress levels to get relief from PCOS symptoms.
My marriage is going 5 years but I didn't have a baby. Because my husband have sperm count is zero. Do You have some solution this case?
Is thr any anaesthetic ointment to be used in vagina before intercourse yo avoid painful sex. please suggest n let me know how to use.
Fluid retention is a crushing problem faced by many across the world. The condition can be well understood by paying close attention to its name; the propensity of the human body to store water or fluids in general in the tissues leading to a swollen and bloated appearance can be referred to as 'fluid retention', edema or hydropsy. An observant person must have seen signs of fluid retention in people around. The condition usually surfaces in the form of swollen limbs that can result in soft depressed pits on the application of slightest pressure. Your arms, legs, feet and joints such as the ankles and wrists are more prone to the effects of edema.
The various ways in which fluid retention can be disastrous for your body have been laid down here:
1. Edema can impair your ease while walking. A person goes through so much of pain that walking becomes more of a challenge; limping comes naturally in such a situation. Thus, your gait can completely change under the effect of fluid retention.
2. Fluid retention in the joints can make your joints excessively stiff. It therefore prevents free movement, stretching or bending.
3. There can be alterations in the texture and health of your skin over the affected area. It may turn tender and may itch intermittently.
4. Skin ulcers are also a common phenomenon among patients of edema. Ulcers in the skin are hard to remedy and it is hence best to curb the possibility of their development.
5. Tissues that now have a higher content of fluids are larger in size and face friction between one another. This leads to scarring of tissues.
6. Improper blood circulation is a condition that comes along with edema. The blood vessels narrow down when tissues swell up. As a result, there is a sharp decrease in the amount of blood circulated throughout one's body.
7. Veins, arteries and joints lose their inherent elasticity in this case. Subsequently, expansion and contraction of joints may not take place involuntarily and may thus cause immense discomfort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.