Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunara
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunaraYour feedback matters!
I'm normally mensuration female. My problem is that my 2 sisters are infertile and my brother was also infertile. Can I also be infertile. I'm getting married after a couple of months. Do I need to do any tests before marriage. Please help me and guide me. I'm 31 years.
Good afternoon Actually I want to know that if someone have less number of counts in him for getting conceive, is it possible to increase the counts? If yes then how many days takes this process?? Thanking you in the anticipation.
Hi, I am 11 weeks pregnant. I see more acne in forehead and in one side of my face. Before conceiving, I don't get acne. So is this due to pregnancy or more intake of milk than before?
Light periods refer to menstrual periods that have very light flow and are characterized by a lesser number of days than usual. Although the menstrual cycles vary from a woman to another, the duration for a normal period is around every 28 days. Each period lasts for approximately four to seven days. The amount of blood loss in a normal period is around 20 ml to 80 ml. However, loss of blood below 20 ml can be considered as light periods.
The causes of light periods can vary for different woman. Some of them are:
- An imbalance in hormone levels in the body like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
- Light periods are most common in women who are approaching menopause. This is because, at this time, women tend to produce less estrogen, a hormone responsible for regulating menstrual periods.
- Light periods can be common in girls who have just started to menstruate.
- Excessive bouts of exercise, a thyroid condition or an eating disorder can be also responsible for light periods in women.
- Women who use hormonal or oral contraceptives may also have a chance of experiencing light periods.
- An important cause of scanty menses is implantation bleeding. That means sometimes, despite being pregnant, little amount of bleeding can happen at the expected time of menses in the first three months of Pregnancy. So it's important to rule out pregnancy at the earliest.
Certain symptoms usually follow light periods. These symptoms vary according to the underlying causes of this condition.
Some of the common symptoms which accompany light periods are:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent infections, namely yeast and other fungal infections
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Missed periods
In some cases, light periods might turn out to be a sign of a fatal condition that should be immediately administered to. An example of such would be an ectopic pregnancy, which can cause light or heavy bleeding. Although light periods are rarely due to serious diseases, neglect can lead to heightened complications and irreversible damage.
Some of the complications can are:
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in conception or infertility
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
Related Tip: All About Irregular Periods - Their Types and Causes
Is sanitary pads can be used after its expiry date or on some sanitary pads no expiry date is mentioned. So let me clear this.
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms-
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘breast mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of fibroadenoma-
The exact cause of fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – it is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Dangerous signs
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
- Transformation of fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
Treatment conventional treatment
1) fibroadenoma can subside on its own.
Cryoablation (use of extreme cold to destroy tissue) is safe and effective and less invasive method of treatment for fibroadenoma.
Surgical removal may be required in case of large fibroadenoma.
Homeopathy is strongly suggested in the treatment of fibroadenoma. Homeopathy can be given as a baseline treatment in mild and moderate cases whereas it has a good supporting role in advanced cases of tissue changes. The results using homeopathy in the cases of fibroadenoma are very good.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after studying patient’s complete case history. It enhances the body’s self-healing mechanism (immunity) thus a further recurrence of fibroadenoma can be prevented.