Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sumita VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old I get periods 10 Jan, 18 Feb, 17 Mrch and April I did not get period and this month on 12 I got and remain three days and now I can feel some pain on my right side of my belly. So what it may cause to pain?
I am 23 years old female. And I notice that on my beside of anus and below the vagina I have extra skin or skin tag it is quite painful. I want to know what is it? How is it remove? Please help me.
I have difficult in conceiving. Also my husband is not getting proper erection. He is not ready to go to doctor. Please help me.
Hi, I just want to know whether fever nuts are good for pcod. And will it get cure for this problem.
I am 18 years old female. During sexual intercourse I found that some jelly like substance present in vagina which opposes the entry of penis. What is the treatment for this condition or it's going to be permanent?
Can regular exercise helps me in reducing pocd and hemoragic cyst and suggested me what I ll do and. And also a fore mentioned it.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that Is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day of periods is 19th January. I take unwanted 72 on 25th January at 1 pm and after that I had lower abdomen pain. After 5 days that is on 31st January I had a vaginal bleeding for 3 days but the flow was slow. Now today is 22nd February and my this month periods doesn't come. I want to known is it pregnancy or what.
Hello doctor I am 25 years now and 7 months over for my marriage now. I have diagnosed with pcos and all my hormonal levels are correct except LH which is about 18.5. How should I decrease the level of LH? Suggest me the right diet for pcos? And tell me the chances of conceiving? Thanks.
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I want to get pregnant I have one 5 year son what should I do my periods are also irregular my hormones test are also normal anf I do not have any pco bit I have gallstone does it effect in my pregnancy.
I am 46 years old I am married and a kid already married. My weight is 42. My intake of food is less, not due to loss of appetite but work pressure. Digestion is good. I am active. I can work tirelessly. My concern is I want to increase my weight and look healthy. The skin on my face wrinkled and tanned around eyes. Please help me out.
I had intercourse 4 days after periods and then after 3 days of sex I started ovulating can I be pregnant.
If a person is naturally aborted within 3 weeks of pregnancy, will that cause delay in period for the next month? No medical way of abortion is done, will the aborted thing block in period way? Its been almost 1.5 months no symptoms or bleeding of any preg or anything, totally fine, just period is away. Kindly let know can doctor find tht I am. Aborted in any way using scan or anything?
Hi sir, my wife is pregnant of 4 month, she has having vomiting and pain down to chest sometime. Is it worriable or not because she had 3 miscarriage before. Doctor said every thing is normal while we did a scan last month.
The causes of morning sickness are generally hormones, and the physical and chemical changes in early pregnancy.
Well, your feeling sick may bring about a reason to celebrate in the family, but those who have experienced it would agree that this is a cause of major stress to the woman during the first trimester.
But can morning sickness be prevented? sadly. No! but one can reduce and relieve the symptoms a bit. This can be achieved by not staying empty stomach for long and having small, carbohydrate rich meals throughout the day, one may eat some dry crackers or biscuits before getting out of the bed, moving around regularly helps too. No medication should be taken to tackle morning sickness unless advised by the caregiver. Other things one can do is to wear clothes which provide some positive ease and do not put pressure on the abdomen. Staying away from the kitchen can also help.
For partners and family members - a woman in her early pregnancy is quite perturbed because of the changes in her body that she is not in control of, and morning sickness makes her miserable. As her partner or family, one should try to provide as much comfort as possible, by helping out with the cooking, by keeping the house calm and cheerful, and by getting to know what helps make the expecting mother feel better.