Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumita Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumita VermaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, Does lips swelling is side effect of Unwanted 72? and this is the only side effect that I am getting. Will that pill really work?
Benefits of tulsi
Tulsi also known as basil leaves is a fairly common plant in Indian households. Considered holy by many religions, the tulsi plant is revered for its divine properties.
Healing power: the basil or tulsi plant has many medicinal properties. The leaves strengthen the stomach and help in respiratory diseases.
Kidney stone: basil has a strengthening effect on the kidney. In the case of stone, regularly taking a mixture of basil leaves juice and honey for 6 months helps expel the stones via the urinary tract.
Stress: basil leaves are regarded as anti-stress agents. Recent studies have shown that the leaves afford significant protection against stress. Even healthy persons can chew 12 leaves of basil, twice a day, to prevent stress. It purifies blood and helps prevent several common elements
Headaches: basil makes a good medicine for a headache.
Aids in digestion: it work as an appetizer and promotes digestion by helping in the secretion of digestive enzymes.
For curing diabetes: keep tulsi root powder in water overnight and take it early morning. The medicinal property of the plant helps maintain insulin level in the body and is a natural cure for diabetes.
Hello sir, My periods are regular my periods start on date 20th and end up by 26th I had sexual intercourse on date 31st then I took emergency 72 within 3 hrs of intercourse. I noticed slight bleeding on date 8th so I'm worried is there chance I could be pregnant. Please advice
My age is 26. 12th day my follicular report is left 13*10. Doc given me myfsh-150 and again do follicular test on day 14 but report is 13*12. Doc says me that no chances in this cycle so come when period will come. I am very depressed that why injection has not work .and please give me answer related this with fully details. do Have any chances for getting pregnant in this cycle if I will conceive.
I had unprotected sex with my gf for first time but my penis was slipping from her vagina and even I had not ejaculated but I had given her unwanted 72 pill on second day. Her last period was on 2nd july and we had sex on 28th july and given the pill on 29th july morning. Now on 4th august she felt unconscious and she had some pain there and have some itching and after 3-4 hrs she started feeling pain in her legs. Is she pregnant or these are the effects of the pill. Please tell me. And clarify all things. How much chances of pregnancy. And when the period will come. As both of us are worried.
I am 45 years married female, I hve only son 5 years old and now I wants another baby but I hve thyroid problem and irregular periods, I am taking daily 37 and half mg thyrox tablets after consulted endocrinologist doctor, but still my periods are irregular. please suggest wht to do.
Hello, Both Fallopian tubes blocked, age 37 any remedy or (medicine) to get pregnant and periods are regular in cycle.
Can intercourse during pregnancy is allowable? please let me clarify ;wife is 4 month pregnant. please let me know, Thanking you.
Both men and women can suffer from sexual dysfunction which in common man’s speak is a problem that prevents you from experiencing sexual satisfaction. If you are experiencing sexual dysfunction in any part of the sexual response cycle which traditionally includes excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution, you are not alone. Research suggests that 43 percent of women and 31 percent of men report some degree of sexual dysfunction or difficulty.
It also remains a topic that many people are hesitant to discuss and resolve worldwide. Read on to know more on sexual dysfunction so that you can understand it and seek treatment for it because treatment options are available and extremely helpful.
Types of sexual dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction is classified into four categories:
- Desire disorders: This is a generalized lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Arousal disorders: Inability to become physically aroused during sexual activity
- Orgasm disorders: A delay or absence of orgasm
- Pain disorders: Pain during intercourse
Symptoms of sexual dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction - An inability to achieve or maintain an erection for penetrative sexual intercourse
- Retarded ejaculation - An absent or delayed ejaculation despite sexual stimulation
- Early or premature ejaculation - Inability to control ejaculation
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication before or during sex
- Inability to relax the vaginal muscles for sexual intercourse to happen
- Lack of interest in or desire for sex, an inability to become aroused or pain during intercourse are also classified as sexual dysfunction.
Causes of sexual dysfunction
- Physical causes - A number of medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function like diabetes, heart and neurological problems , hormonal imbalances, kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. Anti depressant use can also affect sexual function.
- Psychological causes - Stress and anxiety, sexual performance anxiety, relationship problems, depression etc. are some of the psychological causes responsible for sexual disorders. Feelings of not being good enough and the effects of a past sexual trauma also come into play.
Diagnosis of sexual dysfunction
The doctor will begin with a history of your symptoms, followed by a physical exam to rule out medical problems.
A major part of diagnosis is psychological. The doctor will evaluate your attitude about sex, as well as other contributing factors like fear, anxiety, past sexual abuse, relationship problems, medications, alcohol or drug abuse, etc. to understand the underlying cause of the problem.
Most types of sexual dysfunction can be treated by addressing the underlying physical or psychological problems. Other common ways to treat sexual dysfunction are:
- By changing a medication which may be casing sexual dysfunction - If you have a sexual dysfunction due to hormone deficiencies, you may benefit from hormone shots, pills, or creams. Men can use Viagra or Cialis for erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis.
- Mechanical aids - Penile implants or vacuum devices can be used in men to maintain an erection. Vacuum devices are used in women too and so are dilators to help women who have an extremely narrow vaginal opening.
- Sex therapy - Marriage counselors and therapists help couples resolve their relationship issues that may be causing sexual dysfunction.
- Behavioral therapy - This helps you to seek insight into your behaviour which may be causing sexual dysfunction and address it.
- Psychotherapy - This type of therapy can help you resolve prior sexual trauma, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety, fear, or guilt, and poor body image. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!