Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sumita VermaYour feedback matters!
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I am having less menstrual flow for 2 months. I was under a lot of stress and had sleeping problems. Can this be the reason? I got worried.
Sir I am married we are do not want child so what will do do not take pills and other homiyo medicine and unprotected condom which time sex doing in safely please tell me.
In april didnt got my periods. Please help it ws suppose to due 24 th of april bt today its like 15days up. My periods are irregular nd neither got my periods nor got any positive lines on tool test till today. M heavy with stomach pain. Please help.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a variant of hormonal disorder which is known to affect 1 out of 10 women. PCOD is a condition in which a woman has numerous small cysts in the ovaries. It can lead to unregulated hormonal cycle and may also trigger high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, infertility and growth of hair on the cheek, chin and chest.
How may PCOD be helped with diet?
Though there is no way to reverse the effects of PCOD, it can be managed with adequate exercise and well-regulated diet. So, if you are disturbed by the effects of PCOD, you can try these tips to help your situation.
Eat more fruits and vegetables: Many health experts are of the opinion that fruits and vegetables can eliminate toxins from the body. You should also avoid dairy-based products as they can trigger insulin levels aggravating acne and other skin problems.
- Eat lean meat but stay away from red meat: In 2013, a study reported that consuming red meat can increase the risk of infertility and therefore, you must try to avoid it. You must also limit the consumption of sugary foods and drinks.
- Stay away from saturated and hydrogenated fats: Saturated fats are available naturally in some foods such as pork, lamb, beef, cheese etc. and they can cause a hike in your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is therefore suggested to check the labels of food products to make sure that the baked foods you are consuming are free from saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Pick a food with low glycemic index: Women who are suffering from PCOD suffer from insulin resistance and as a result, should consume the foods that are meant for diabetics. So your foods should be rich in fibre content with a limited amount of carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods made of whole wheat and whole grain should be avoided. You can eat brown rice, wheat pasta and poha made of brown rice.
- Drink lots of water: Women suffering from PCOD can experience water retention. So, you should eat small and frequent meals along with a lot of water all through the day.
Besides following all these tips, it is crucial to workout for about 30 to 60 minutes in a day for reducing your insulin resistance, which may make you overweight and even obese. This, in turn, would cause irregularity of hormonal levels and host a lot of other problems.
Please help Is it possible to have periods in 5th month of pregnancy? My wife have proper periods of 4 days along with cramps she also had periods in 3rd month so is it possible to have periods in pregnancy?
I got married 3 years back. I have least interest in having sex with my husband. I am over weight and my age is 32. I find that my urge for sex is totally vanished. Is it bcoz of any hormonal disbalance or just stress and weight. I have a hypothyroid too. Please advise.
1. Drink lukewarm water
2. Daily green drink
3. Dry skin brushing
4.20 minutes physical activity
5. Stress less
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.
She is not getting her periods properly. This problem was happening from 3 months. After we intimate. Her periods was happening just 2 days only. And its not clearing. At this stage what should we do, please give us some advice.
My daughter is 17 has PCOD. She feels lethargic at times, low blood pressure and pain in stomach is it because of this only?
Hi I ve severe pain during my Menses. It is seriously unbearable .do I take combiflam to control it .but my period cycle is regular I get my period in 24-25 days.
I'm a 20 years old girl. Am having low haemoglobin count (8.2). Its not getting increased than 9.8 even after taking tablets and tonics and getting low when I stop medicines. I have join pains and gaining weight very soon. I don't take oily and fast foods. I also have severe hair loss. Is there any natural remedy for this or what treatment or medicine should I take for these. Help me please.
I am 19 years old I had sex wid my partner on 29th November bt I had I pill and there was a last day of my periods next day 30th November again I had sex bt didn't go for I pill option now after 8 days m bleeding frm two days not an heavy bleeding like periods bt still bleeding. M I pregnant? Is the sign of early pregnancy?
Are there things I can do to make myself feel better?
There are many comfort measures to help pregnant women who suffer from nausea and vomiting during early pregnancy. Changes in diet, sleep pattern and lifestyle can help.
Few suggestions are given below:-
1. Changes in lifestyle
* Get up slowly from lying down position and do not lie immediately after eating.
* Keep your head higher than your feet when lying down.
* Go outside for fresh air as much as possible.
* Rest or nap often
* Dentify conditions which make vomiting worse, such as certain foods, odours, activities or stress and avoid them.
* Wait about half an hour after dinner to brush your teeth
2. Changes in diet
* Eat bland foods that are high in carbohydrates and low in fat such as toast, bread, rice, cereal, crackers and potatoes.
* Eat foods that are high in protein such as lean meat, eggs and dishes made with beans and pulses.
* Eat foods high in vitamin b6 like whole grains and cereals, wheat germ, nuts, seeds, legumes, corn
* Avoid greasy, fatty, fried and spicy foods.
* Drink 10-12 glasses of liquids such as coconut water, buttermilk, milk and fresh juices.
* Avoid excess of tea, coffee and aerated drinks
* Do not drink alcohol
* Try to eat every 2 to 3 hours, even if you are not hungry. Have small frequent meals than large meals.
* Have a snack such as yoghurt, milk or a small sandwich before going to bed.
* Sniffing lemon or ginger can sometimes relieve nausea.
* In case if you have nausea and vomiting in the evening, have a good meal in the morning and a light meal at night and vice versa.
When should I call my doctor?
Call your doctor right away if you:
* Have been vomiting for almost 24 hours.
* Have been stomach pain, fever, dizziness, severe weakness or feel faint.
* Have weight loss of more than 2-5 kgs.
* Have very dark yellow urine or do not urinate for long periods.
* Feel your mouth is dry and your hands and feet are cold.
* Feel very thirsty.
* Have a fast heartbeat.
* Vomit blood.
My wife have a lump in left breast but we don't know is this a cancer or not please help me to know whether it is a cancer or simply a lump.
I am 33 years married female my weight is 70kg not able to conceive Dr. has suggested me to lose weight please guide me the feasible way to lose weight
I Have miss my periods its almost 5 days late I had sex one week back and my test are positive I am affair of going to doctor help. Me with some pills to get my periods please.
Include ahas and bhas in the form of cleansers or moisturizers to erase discolorations and imperfections.