Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit WadhaYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old female. I am suffering from allergic asthma. Since 8years using Formonide 200 respicaps which gives temporary relief. Kindly suggest methods for a permanent relief. Cold climates and foods r more allergens.
I am 41 years of age. I have pain in whole body almost. For quite sometime now. It pains in the neck, shoulder, arms, back, waist and also in the arm and leg joints, elbows, knees, ankles etc. Also feel headache at times. Can't sit straight for long as back pain starts and even can't keep knees folded and sit for long as it starts paining. I am also having tremendous weakness as if I will fall done at time. Feel shortness of breath sometimes and chest discomfort as well. I cant walk much faster and long as feel tired and distressed. I have done several diagnosis related to heart and shown cardio but as per doctor I don't have any cardiac problems. I am also going through tough time professionally and financially for last few months now. I am too worried about my health and can not concentrate on anything else due to this. Please help me to get fit and healthy.
I am having slight bouts of coughs and it is more when I sleep or lie down and also in the morning when I wake up the throat irritation is more and then slowly reduces in the day. Is gargling with Luke warm salt water or betadine ok?
I'm a COPD patient. My age is 38. Can I do masturbations 1-2 times a week? Is there any risk for me?
My grandmother is 50 year old her problem is cold and asthma and this problems medicine taken she homeopathy so how to face this problem.
I have a fibroid in uterus. It is a hypoechoic mass of 38x40 mm in size. Any treatment of it except surgery.
I am suffering from bronchial asthma. Medicines are not working effectively. In last 20 years this the first time that inhalers with ab phylline tablets are not sufficient. Kindly help.
I am suffering apydydamic cyst in my right testis, can you tell me is this cure with out any operation and with medication Please suggest.
• गाय के दूध का 15-20 ग्राम घी और काली मिर्च को एक कटोरी में लेकर हल्की आंच में गरम कीजिए। जब काली मिर्च गरम हो जाए तो उसे थोडा सा ठंडा करके लगभग 20 ग्राम पीसी मिश्री मिला दीजिए। उसके बाद काली मिर्च निकालकर खा लीजिए। इस खुराक को दो-तीन दिन तक लेने से खांसी बंद हो जाएगी।
• तुलसी के पत्ते 5 काली मिर्च, 5 नग काला मनुक्का, 5 ग्राम चोकर (गेहूं के आटे का छान), 6 ग्राम मुलहठी, 3 ग्राम बनफशा के फूल लेकर 200 ग्राम पानी में उबाल लीजिए। जब पानी आधा हो जाए तो उसे ठंडा करके छान लीजिए। फिर गर्म करें और बताशे डालकर रात को सोते समय गरम-गरम पी लीजिए। इस खुराक को 3-4 दिन तक लेने से खांसी ठीक हो जाती है।
• खांसी होने पर सेंधा नमक की डली को आग पर अच्छे से गरम कर लीजिए। जब नमक की डली गर्म होकर लाल हो जाए तो तुरंत आधा कप पानी में डालकर निकाल लीजिए। सोने से पहले इस पानी को पीने से खांसी में काफी आराम मिलता है।
• एक ग्राम सेंधा नमक और 125 ग्राम पानी को आधा होने तक उबालिये। सुबह-शाम इस पानी को पीने से खांसी में आराम मिलता है।
• खांसी आने पर सोंठ को दूध में डालकर उबाल लीजिए। शाम को सोते वक्त इस दूध को पी लीजिए। ऐसा करने से कुछ दिनों में खांसी ठीक हो जाती है।
• शहद, किशमिश और मुनक्के को मिलाकर खाने से खांसी ठीक हो जाती है।
• त्रिफला में बराबर मात्रा में शहद मिलाकर पीने से खांसी में फायदा होता है।
• तुलसी, कालीमिर्च और अदरक की चाय पीने से भी खांसी समाप्त होती है।
• हींग, त्रिफला, मुलेठी और मिश्री को नींबू के रस में मिलाकर चाटने से भी खांसी में फायदा मिलता है।
सूखी खांसी कुछ ज्यादा ही तकलीफदेह होती है। सूखी खांसी में कफ नहीं आता सिर्फ खांसी आती है जो परेशान करती है। खांसी अगर ज्यादा दिन तक आए तो उसे नजरअंदाज नहीं करना चाहिए। दो हफ्ते से ज्यांदा खांसी आने पर चिकित्सक से संपर्क अवश्य करना चाहिए।
अधिक जानकारी के लिए संपर्क करें -
डाॅ अंकुर सिंघल
एम० डी० आयुर्वेद
I Undergone general anesthesia for surgery and spinal anesthesia fr appendicitis, I faced breathing problems two tyms for 30 min n lyk fits, nw I am pregnant nw I hav to undergone anesthesia I am worried n scared abt anesthesia, wats wrng wit my body wt anesthesia?
I'm 23 years old male. Since yesterday I'm suffering from asthma. It's very difficult to take breath. I used derifillin but there is no use. kindly help me out fr instant relief. It is accompanied by cough with sputum.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.