Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SumitYour feedback matters!
What should I do to minimize the eye issue my both eye power is -2? Provide suggestions to take care of eye.
Hello sir my age is 43 years old my eye becomes red in evening is his is due to high blood pressure or something else please suggest something as my eyes is red and water comes from eyes in the morning.
Sir, I am a boy of 17 and going to read 12th class but certainly I realise that I am having some problems with my brain fir example I got huge confused when studying even in very common and easy topic like when I try to add something for ex 28+50, my brain tells the ans in 1 sec that is 78 and after that my brain generates so many question like how I get the and is it true or not even I knows that it is true. Another ex like when I see any no. Anywhere like take 6 and when I pronounce 6 as six in mind than after that brain generates some useless question that how I was able to pronounce 6 as six. Sir I am very good student and I got 9.8 cgpa in cbse 10th exam but this get starts some 20 days ago when I was reading a chapter of chemistry. So please sir understand my problem this confusion causes headache to me and totally disturbs my mind and I am having huge problems with my studies because of this symptoms. Please tell me what is cause behind this problems and what could be the solutions. I am waiting for your answer. Thanks. By Vikas patel.
My left eye is red and swollen having little pain from last two days please tell me some remedy soon I also tried an eye drop but no relief.
Whenever I work infront of computer my eyes became red and tears come from my eyes. What should I do to get rid of from it?
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Since one week I am facing a severe pain on left side of my forehead. Is there any solution or caused to stress. I have already consulted a eye specialist but there is no proper medication from him. Please let me know if I need to consult any neurologist.
My right eye is affected by full speed cricket ball and then my eye is red after one day my eye is fell like little blindness.
I want to increase my eye sight. I have far sighted problem. My glasses should go away from my life forever.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.