Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit MathurYour feedback matters!
I have a bubble inside the ear since yesterday. It pains a lot. I think there is pus inside. What do I do? it is yellow in color. Please suggest some medicines. Because of the pain I have fever since today morning. I am unable to walk.
I have nasobranchial allergy for past three years that has led me to develop blockage of maxillary sinuses. What should I do? Can you help me out?
I am suffering from cyclic throat pain. I am taking pentids400 tab twice a day for about 6 months then also the throat infection occurs.
From 2 days I'm feeling pain in left ear and able To see blood while cleaning with ear buds. I'm having cold. May I know what might be the problem.
When I eat groundnuts, I get a feeling of irritation in my throat. What is the problem? Please explain.
After quitting tobacco my face, ears and throat itching and burning also ears paining can it gone by it's self or need to consult to which doctor can be please guide me.
Hello my question is that my one nostril remains close every time what is the solution for this. Thank u. please help me to solve.
After suffering from cold, I suffered throat tightness. Now I do not know if I am completely free from it but a new problem has come in which "MY TONGUE IS BEING PULLED BACK" I thought I will be able to resume my singing now but throat tightness with this new problem has made me more stressful. Indian idol, voice of india various auditions are coming and. please help me.
What precautions should I take for a throat infection. What medicine should I take for severe throat ache. Thank you in advance.
Am 27years old man having problem in nose always sneezing, sinus. I already gone with 2 surgeries before still no improvement in that. I live in coalfield area dusty atmosphere doctors advice me to stay protected with dust I follow too but still same always my nose are blocks one open and closed, plsss suggest me some way.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
Sir. My son is 10 years old. In changing weather sometimes moderately bleeding happens from his nostril. Homeopathic doctor had told me after examination that this is adenoid. So what we should do? is there any permanant solution for this problem. We dont want operation. Please guide me? I will be very thankful to you.
Hlo sir. He has dizziness problem while he stands from sitting position for 5 minutes after that ok. Wt to do?
A jelly kind of thing sometimes comes out from my throat and also my nose and throat gets blocked occasionally.
Hi. I have tinnitus problem in both ears recently. It increased in the right ear. Audiogram suggests mild conductive hearing loss n I was told that tinnitus is not due to hearing issues. Then wht else causes these sounds and sometimes it gets very annoying. Thanks.
Still Dry cough problem, Throat irritation problem, taking Rcof Syrup 3 times daily 10 ml from last 15 days. Taking swasari syrup of Patanjali.
Either of my Nostrils gets blocked due to damn cold weather where I live in, am I infected to Sinusitis or any kind of Infection.
Nasal allergies are very common and as a result, not taken seriously by most people. In most cases you patiently withstand the coughing and sneezing, which might last for an entire day and in the process might inadvertently damage your health by choosing to ignore it for the time being.
Here are some of the commonly experienced nasal allergies and what you should do to get relief from them:
- Runny or stuffy nose: The best option is to just avoid allergy triggers. For example, if pollen is your allergen, then avoid going out during the times pollen count when it is reported to be high. Or, if animals make you sneeze, then make sure to have your hands washed and clothes changed after playing with them. Do not over use decongestant sprays at all. If these symptoms persist for more than half a week, then it's time to seek your doctor's advice.
- Uncontrollable Sneezing: Again, the best option is to avoid; but in many cases, it becomes difficult for you to avoid the allergen. In those cases, try antihistamine. If that doesn't work, then you can also go for a nasal steroid spray, but again, make sure to not overuse it.
- Post Nasal Drip: Usually, you unconsciously swallow your mucus. But, if the mucus quantity increases, it becomes thicker and results in post-nasal drip. It isn't much common, but you can practically feel the mucus dripping into your throat from the back of the nose. It can result in a lumpy feeling in the throat and can cause irritation. You can try drinking more fluids and using a nasal spray to reduce the mucus quantity. If that doesn't work, then it's time to seek advice from your doctor.
- Eyes that itch: Watery eyes that itch are annoying companions of nose allergy and though they might not be a serious hazard for the eyes, you cannot ignore them. Try wearing sunglasses when you go out into a reportedly high-pollen-count weather. It might be a better option to forego contact lenses; they can escalate the entire eye-itching problem. If it becomes too itchy, you can place a cold washcloth over your eyes.
Testing an Allergy: Allergy testing is commonly done by by skin prick test, in order to diagnose the allergens. Once, the allergens are diagnosed, immunotherapy can be started, which will help in improving the symptoms of and in many cases, it provides complete cure.