Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit Kumar AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Am 24 years, conceived for about two months. Am facing constipation trouble with internal bleeding via anus. Am I advised to take medicine at first trimester? Or kindly advice me the correct solution for this.
My bumps going to reduce day by day. Any jeans not look good back side. Have you any suggestion for me how to build up the same.
Sir mere nose par baar baar pimpal aate hai ise rokne ke liye maine alag alag tarah ki dawai khai soap bhi badle face wash use kiye par muje kuch bhi fark nahi pada aap koi ilaaz batao please
My age is 30,@25 I was suffering from piles 2nd degree, had bleeding problem along with muscular spots out side the anus. I took medicine for a month and bleeding was stop but" masse" were there. Due to which I had no problem. Now from last week again bleeding problem occurs, what should I do, any tablet to stop the bleeding. Having no pain, just bleeding and muscle spots. Please advise. Thank you.
Dear Sir or Mam My sister is having black marks on her whole body & its itching continuously, her age is 5 so plzzz help.
Corns and calluses are defined as thickened and hardened areas of the skin, which are formed due to excess pressure, friction or rubbing in a particular area. They generally form at the bottom of the feet and can cause discomfort and pain while walking. Corns usually form on the sides and tops of toes. There are several variants of corn such as hard corn, soft corn and seed corns. Calluses typically form in areas which undergo high friction. It can appear on hands and feet. Read on to find more about corns and calluses.
1. In some cases, corns or calluses may form due to improper walking motion but in most cases corns and calluses form due to wearing shoes which fit in an improper manner.
2. High heels in particular are a major reason for the formation of corns and calluses. Other reasons include foot deformities or wearing shoes and sandals without socks.
3. Corns and calluses have a risk of being infected by bacteria which causes the infected region to secrete pus or fluid.
There are different types of corns and calluses and each of them have different symptoms during their formation.
1. A callus is a small patch of dead skin which can form anywhere in the body but usually in places which undergo friction.
2. A hard corn is a patch of hard skin which is located outside the little toe or on top of a toe.
3. A soft corn is a sensitive red patch of skin which is typically found between toes.
4. A seed corn is a painful patch of dead skin which typically forms on the ball of the foot or on the heel.
If you have developed a corn or a callus it is advisable to consult a doctor as they can correctly differentiate between warts and calluses. Use of moleskin around the corn or callus usually reduces the pressure from the affected region. Oral antibiotic medication can also be prescribed by your physician. Certain moisturising creams also help treating corns and calluses. Opt for stronger moisturising creams after consulting your doctor if regular ones are not helping. In certain instances corns and calluses may need to be surgically removed.