Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit Kumar AgrawalYour feedback matters!
How wow fairness cream work on skin. Is wow fairness cream is suitable for skin with any harm or side effects.
My hands are getting black due to sun heat I have to travel on bike for my work how prevent skin from getting black and how can I heal the damage done bye sun to my skin.
My face was not clear and no clarity. Even in photo it looks dull and oily. Please suggest medicines and food to eat to get bright face and skin.
My face was damaged by using the face wash. Tell me how to use such washes or any alternative methods for it.
How to improve face skin tone and lighten and brighten the face skin because my face skin is dark compare to my body skin color.
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
Sir am 19 years of age and I am getting some stretch marks in my stomach and hand areas with uneven skin tone please prescribe me some medications or cream sir for these problems and also to get a fairer skin. I also have a deep scar in my face please prescribe me some cream for it. Presently I take finax 1 mg, novophane+ tablets for my hairfall problem. Waiting for your kind attention.
Hello sir my name is swidas mughante I am 40 year old man I am having white spot problem since last two year tell me what should I do.
Hello doctor, I sleep 6-7 hours daily and some times more then that. But currently I am getting dark circles. How do I reduce it and avoid?
I am becoming very dark in my skin for sun ray. What should I do to become glamours. Please help me.
Dr. I love dimples and I love the most when its on me. Dr. do you how can I get this. Through simple and natural therapy.
Exposure to sun's rays allows the skin to absorb produce vitamin D in the body, however, overexposure to the same can wreak havoc on your skin. So the next time you are going out, consider the effects of sun overexposure on the skin and take precautions accordingly.
Over exposure to the sun's rays can fasten the ageing process in the body. It does this by damaging the fiber in the skin that makes the skin elastic, resulting in sagging skin. It also slows down the healing process of the skin, thus cuts and bruises take longer time to heal.
Following are the various ways in which the sun can cause real damage to your skin:
- It may lead to benign tumors on the skin
- It may decrease the immunity levels of the skin, thus increasing the risk of various diseases such as basal skin carcinoma (cancer of the cells lining the epidermal layer of the skin) and melanoma.
- It may cause wrinkles and fine lines on your skin
- It may cause discoloration of the skin, leading to spots on the skin
- You may also get affected by freckles on your skin
Over exposure to the sun's rays also increases the risk of skin cancer as it may lead to damage of the DNA present on the skin. This may lead to an unhindered growth of cells, resulting in skin cancer. Apart from this, sun exposure may also increase oiliness in the skin and lead to acne breakouts.
There are a number of measures you may adopt to reduce the harmful effects of sun rays on your skin; they are:
- Wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Prefer full sleeved clothes and full length trousers or skirts as they will prevent the skin from being overly exposed to the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF count of at least above 15 when you go out in the sun in order to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun.
- Remember to moisturize your skin as sun exposure may cause the skin to turn dry and flaky.
- Don't save your umbrellas only for rainy days, use them to avoid direct exposure to the sun.